Prado v Everest - Decision time

Cammo

Oct 3, 2015
Melbourne
Sorry @Jimbo, have to divert the thread for a second, can't let this go by without response.... :)

Ahhh I love a ford v Holden discussion @stuartcarr2002

Month of October had Holden selling 2000 more cars than Ford, therefore more cars sold, would equate to more popular, and by default the consumer thinks they are better... :)

And the clanger in your list is Falcon v Commodore ......
Let's see.... 2243 Commodores sold in October, how many Falcons I hear everyone ask,

435........ There are 435 extra sad little falcon drivers running around in October. :)

Why oh why, sad 435, why did you do it......:)
Can tell you a fact, these figures are fudged every month.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I've got this one @Jimbo
http://outlaw4x4.com.au/html_pages/jeep_products.html

The Horsepower Factory here in Melb bought several different brands to test when they were developing their own re-mapping software. The Sales Manager has the Trailhawk version of the Jeep so they tested them all on his car first. Once they'd finished with them they sold them through a Jeep forum and I picked it up from them. They even fitted it for me and threw it onto their 4 wheel dyno and gave me a dyno printout of the power it's making 160kw at all 4 wheels = ~210-215kw, which is bang on what they advertise this chip will do, with 660nm of torque.
Giddy up:D

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2015
Perth
Decision made @Holden_man! When Toyota dropped the drive away price to $63990 for the GXL, and said they would fit a colour coded ARB deluxe bar a few hundred dollars cheaper then ARB would do me direct, I pulled the trigger on the Prado.
Had it not been for the price drop, I was leaning towards the Everest. Interestingly, Ford did not want to drop the price on the Everest as they said it was already a good buy. But I have a feeling they will drop soon.
Both of these cars have pro's and cons. I think once Everest has been in the market for a few years and we learn about its reliability and resale, it will be a more compelling argument between the two.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Decision made @Holden_man! When Toyota dropped the drive away price to $63990 for the GXL, and said they would fit a colour coded ARB deluxe bar a few hundred dollars cheaper then ARB would do me direct, I pulled the trigger on the Prado.
Had it not been for the price drop, I was leaning towards the Everest. Interestingly, Ford did not want to drop the price on the Everest as they said it was already a good buy. But I have a feeling they will drop soon.
Both of these cars have pro's and cons. I think once Everest has been in the market for a few years and we learn about its reliability and resale, it will be a more compelling argument between the two.
well done you will not regret it :clap2:

Reactions: burnsie

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2015
Perth
Hi @Rockape . I thinkin my mind, I was looking for a 5k difference on Everest. So if ford would of done 59k I would of taken that.
The more I think about it, I think the lack of a track record for Everest, and my ongoing bad experience with my wife's new Focus made me want a discount over Prado.
But if I had an Everest sitting in my driveway, I would still be happy. It looks and drives very well.

Reactions: Rockape