Sterling Just dropped the deposit on a Sterling Outback

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thx mate. Camera system is from Loudroom Creations on the Ebays.

G'day Millsy, I just had an interesting episode with Loud Room Creations. I ordered a number plate camera to replace one I stuffed. I had to phone as I could find no way of ordering the camera as it was an upgrade to one of their systems. Michael was very helpful and a couple of emails later PayPal confirmed the part ordered and payed for (with a discount). Organised Wednesday night, delivered Monday morning, opened my parcel and found I had a HID headlight. I tried phoning again but no response so an email sent, reply almost immediate with apologies and promise to sort it out. Tuesday morning another email from Michael saying he had despatched the camera express mail himself and I could keep the HID set. At the same time Aus Post sent a tracking number so I knew he was true to his word. This morning AusPost sent another tracking email saying it is with the driver so I will get it sometime this morning.

I know mistakes can happen anywhere in a company but it is great to deal with a company that backs its products. But to find one that really supplies service and follows through on promises is getting rare these days.

Loud Room Creations

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
G'day Millsy, I just had an interesting episode with Loud Room Creations. I ordered a number plate camera to replace one I stuffed. I had to phone as I could find no way of ordering the camera as it was an upgrade to one of their systems. Michael was very helpful and a couple of emails later PayPal confirmed the part ordered and payed for (with a discount). Organised Wednesday night, delivered Monday morning, opened my parcel and found I had a HID headlight. I tried phoning again but no response so an email sent, reply almost immediate with apologies and promise to sort it out. Tuesday morning another email from Michael saying he had despatched the camera express mail himself and I could keep the HID set. At the same time Aus Post sent a tracking number so I knew he was true to his word. This morning AusPost sent another tracking email saying it is with the driver so I will get it sometime this morning.

I know mistakes can happen anywhere in a company but it is great to deal with a company that backs its products. But to find one that really supplies service and follows through on promises is getting rare these days.

Loud Room Creations

Hey CR, I must say my experience with Loud Room was very positive too. Michael supplied a longer cable for the van at no extra cost, and was quick to reply to any of my enquiries or questions. I am very happy with the system, it works well, and having the camera on the back of the van is excellent. I have it on whilst driving and it gives me a great view of what is going on behind me. It allows me to see vehicles coming up behind me and gives me a lot more confidence in making lane changes and the like, particularly on the freeway.

I finally got around to installing the inverter, battery charger and second battery in the van. Would have taken a few more piccies but phone battery died :(

Remote controls mounted
IMAG0410.jpg

Wiring run through cupboard - yes that is a mark from the drill chuck on the wall - my bad!
IMAG0413.jpg

Wiring for remotes run down behind the seat
IMAG0414.jpg

I shall get some more pics when we are back a the van next week.

Cheers
Shane

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Thanks Bigman.

Jockey wheel came as standard in the middle of the a-frame.

On another note, 9 days til we depart! :biggrin-26: Busy getting all our ducks in a row before we leave on what will hopefully be quite the adventure!

Cheers
Millsy

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Hopefully it wont be badged as Sterling but the new version Silverline with all the new add ons of independent suspension and front loader combo dryer etc