Sterling Just dropped the deposit on a Sterling Outback

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Congratulations. Nice to hear that Baz & Shaz have finally got together.
I'll be a bit further up the river (Albury) for the weekend. Benalla tonight is quite tropical. Was going to head off early given the weather, but Benalla Leisure Park does free pancakes at 9am!
Nice well grassed drive-thru site so didn't unhitch. Mrs XPF gave the pool the thumbs up.
No jumping pillow or playground, but I'm a bit past those.
Have fun at Christies Beach and remember the pics.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Shane,

Congrats on the van - now you need to change your signature!

Looking forward to the pots as you travel the country....

Cheers,

Rohan

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Hi Guys. Great weekend was had, apart from the missus coming down with a cold on Sunday, ironic considering how warm it was! The Baz and Shaz combo worked really well, both nice and stable towing (no WDH), and impressed on some of the not so flat and smooth tracks we ventured down to get to a campsite. Everything seemed to work as it should, and the aircon worked really well running off the gennie, getting the van down to 18 inside when it was 36 outside.

One thing I did notice is that the shower floor seems to have a bit of give under foot, anyone else have this with their shower?

And some piccies......
Hitched Up.jpg
Hitched Up 2.jpg
Hitched Up 3.jpg
Setting up camp.jpg
View from the front door.jpg
Celebratory River Malt.jpg
Boat.jpg
Interior.jpg
Kitchen.jpg

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Looks fantastic!!!!

I love the new space age door very fancy :biggrin-26:

Go the single malt.....

Are you runing airbags?

Cheers Expanda.

We like the new door, works well and looks good.

The single malt, well, thats just compulsory!

No airbags, just Tough Dog +300kg constant load springs and 41mm foam cell shocks.

Cheers
Shane

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Shane, glad it all went well and your rig looks very nice! What size gennie did you power the ibis with? I have a Honda eu20i but haven't tried it on ibis yet.

cheers.

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Hi Shane, glad it all went well and your rig looks very nice! What size gennie did you power the ibis with? I have a Honda eu20i but haven't tried it on ibis yet.

cheers.

Cheers Burnsy

We have a Kipor 2600 (2.6kva), didn't miss a beat and reasonably quiet. 5 litre tank lasted about 7.5 hours running the aircon.

Cheers
Shane

Reactions: Burnsy

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Very nice! I was curious about the new door too... Looks way different, easy to operate?

Thx bigman0510

Very easy to operate. Two switches on the inside, one to lock/unlock, and the other to release the glass. Glass then swings away and is held against the van by a magnet, and the door itself can be used as normal. Handle operation on the inside and outside for opening the door itself feels nice and positive.

Cheers
Shane

Reactions: bigman0510

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
:cheer2: Looks Awesome in its natural habitat Millsy.

Glad to hear it all went well and how did the BT handle it power wise?

Cheers cruza driver

Barry handled it well. Travelled at 95-100 km/h and did it pretty easy. Did lose a couple of km/h on 2 or 3 of the big long hills on the Melb-Kyneton-Echuca run, but never dropped below 90 km/h. Those big hills were the only time the right clog hit the floor, apart from that around town and so forth very happy with Barrys ability to get Sharon moving!

Cheers
Shane

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
One thing I did notice is that the shower floor seems to have a bit of give under foot, anyone else have this with their shower?

Well, things have taken a turn for the worse with Shaz. Went up to Kyneton today to do some stuff on the van, fit batteries and charger, work out whats needed for reverse camera install, measure for a stone stomper etc etc. The movement in the shower floor had been bugging me, and upon inspection I believe it has got worse. At least 10-15mm movement under foot in some places, and it has pulled the silicon between the walls and the base in both the outer corners. :( The base of the shower doesn't feel to be adhered to the floor at any point.

Rang Dandenong and was told to try a few dealers. None could get a look at it before our departure date on the 15th of April. Rang Prestige Bendigo where it is booked in for the 1000km service early April, they said they wouldn't have time to fix it. Rang Dandenong back and really wasn't impressed with the lack of care over the fault. Was told they don't have shower bases/cubicles in stock, they would have to order it in, and they are closed for a week over Easter so no way it would be done in time. He said to leave it with him and he would get back to me. A little bit peeved at how it was being handled, considering the amount of $$$ we have forked out for the van, I rang Bayswater (where the van was purchased) and spoke to the Manager. He said to bring it straight into them and they would inspect it and handle from there. I hadn't previously rung Bayswater as I knew the service department was booked well into March.

So the Shaz has been dragged from Kyneton back to Bayswater this afternoon. I have shown one of the service guys the issue I have with the shower, as well as the appalling cut and polish job that was done on the van (including totally buffing the black gloss off one of the window frames), the lack of sealant/silicone in a few areas including some external fittings, and the absolutely abysmal job of wiring done at the battery. They have been instructed not to touch any of the wiring, I will fix that myself, at least then it will be done properly. I have been informed that they will be in contact with me tomorrow afternoon to let us know whats going to happen.

Oh, and I have also pointed out the damage to the gel coat on the front left hand side where someone has obviously been ham fisted when moving the van, although that was going to be fixed by Bendigo at the first service.

And they are going to have a look to see if they can find the breakaway. I spent half an hour looking for the bloody thing today and couldn't find it.

To top it all off, the schnitzel roll I had for lunch was absolutely shithouse!!!!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Nothing worse than a bad schnitzel roll I agree :hungry:

Hopefully Bayswater can sort it out for you asap mate, sometimes I think it can be easier to book your van in before pick up to get any issues sorted out straight away. But you shouldn't have too o_O

Our 1st Jayco was from Bayswater and very good to deal with although Page Bros were just as good for us too.
Good luck with the call mate and let us know how it goes.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Sounds like a bad day Millsy, hope things are sorted soon. The brakeaway battery is inside the brakeaway unit itself, it's a small 12v gel.....7 amp I think.

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Sounds like a bad day Millsy, hope things are sorted soon. The brakeaway battery is inside the brakeaway unit itself, it's a small 12v gel.....7 amp I think.

Yeah yesterday was a bit of an average day. I can't actually find the breakaway unit itself that the battery is housed in! (When i said battery in the above post, I meant the unit itself with the battery, LEDs and test button)

Nothing worse than a bad schnitzel roll I agree :hungry:

Hopefully Bayswater can sort it out for you asap mate, sometimes I think it can be easier to book your van in before pick up to get any issues sorted out straight away. But you shouldn't have too o_O

Thats good advice there Cruza. This is our first van purchase, next time we will book in for service/warranty repairs well ahead of the pickup date

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Our brake away unit is in the front boot on right (drivers side). Silly question but I take it you have the little black box near the hitch on A frame that the cable plugs into?