Toy Hauler Jetski in the Toy Hauler? It Fits!!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Well done where do you put the second one :) wonder if I can use this as a reason to get a Basestation :)
Ones enough for me! So light you can throw it around easy, lots of fun. Once I am passed the break in period I will be towing the kids around behind me on the tubes.
I'm sure it could be a very good excuse for a Basestation and with my next mod I can make it even easier for you! I am raising the single bunk up about 700mm higher, this means that when we go on long trips without the JetSki we will be able to fit in a 8kg or similar front loader washing machine! If that doesn't get the wife vote then I'm out of ideas!!! lol

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Any idea how it effects ball weight mate?
I am hoping and assuming that it decreases it a lot! Dry it's about 250-300kg that's because it's designed to carry a few hundred kgs in the rear, that's also why 2 of my water tanks are in front of both the wheels. It will change the whole characteristics of towing I think, looking forward to it!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Ordered a nice little winch today to make the whole process that "little" bit easier.
image.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Just caught up on this thread. Awesome work @bigman0510
This would have to be in the running for best mod of 2015. A jet ski in the van!? I still can't believe it!!!

Me too just stumbled on this and boy am I glad I did. I'm with @relgate, its a great idea!!!

So far in the history of caravanning, this is the best mod I have ever seen, no doubt. I just love it @bigman0510

maybe this could spark an expandasdownunder award system for best van mods............................

Reactions: blacky and relgate

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Me too just stumbled on this and boy am I glad I did. I'm with @relgate, its a great idea!!!

So far in the history of caravanning, this is the best mod I have ever seen, no doubt. I just love it @bigman0510

maybe this could spark an expandasdownunder award system for best van mods............................
Hey. That was my idea. I don't like being the apprentice.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com

lol thanks mate.
See a hole... Fill it! ;)

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey. That was my idea. I don't like being the apprentice.

Sorry mate, but your idea was vague and didn't mention anything about a forum specific award competition thingy, so I jumped on it;)

But don't worry, I was going to nominate you to run it:p

Reactions: bigman0510

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
For all interested, the Sea doo Spark is the only JetSki I have found (so far) that will fit and is well within the weight limits.

There are 2 main models with extras, they all fit, one without any mods and the other 3 with minor mods:

• 2up Sea Doo spark w/o iBR - no mods needed
  • 2up Sea Doo spark w iBR - remove iBR shield (3 bolts)
  • 3up Sea Doo spark w/o iBR - remove rear pod (12 tech bolts)
  • 3up Sea Doo spark w iBR - remove rear pod and iBR shield (20 mins)

I have the last model on the list.

They are very well priced, worth a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moto Moto

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
@bigman0510 that awesome.

We often joked about having 1 trailer to transport our 2 dirt bikes, 1 horse and the JetSki but you seem to have nailed at least part of the concept.

Now I just need to work out where I can fit our JetSki in the Expanda :bolt: