Toy Hauler Jetski in the Toy Hauler? It Fits!!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
@bigman0510 that awesome.

We often joked about having 1 trailer to transport our 2 dirt bikes, 1 horse and the JetSki but you seem to have nailed at least part of the concept.

Now I just need to work out where I can fit our JetSki in the Expanda :bolt:
Yeah, don't know how the horse will go, but it seems to carry horse power ok...;)

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
@bigman0510 that awesome.

We often joked about having 1 trailer to transport our 2 dirt bikes, 1 horse and the JetSki but you seem to have nailed at least part of the concept.

Now I just need to work out where I can fit our JetSki in the Expanda :bolt:
I found a jet ski that will fit in the expanda!!!
7dda42a4f3e36dd2ea2f3a4e7865d46b_enlarge.jpg

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
For all interested, the Sea doo Spark is the only JetSki I have found (so far) that will fit and is well within the weight limits.

There are 2 main models with extras, they all fit, one without any mods and the other 3 with minor mods:

• 2up Sea Doo spark w/o iBR - no mods needed
  • 2up Sea Doo spark w iBR - remove iBR shield (3 bolts)
  • 3up Sea Doo spark w/o iBR - remove rear pod (12 tech bolts)
  • 3up Sea Doo spark w iBR - remove rear pod and iBR shield (20 mins)

I have the last model on the list.

They are very well priced, worth a look.
Not currently looking to change craft at the moment but interested to read your findings about which Spark models fit. The current specs on the Seadoo website give lengths of 279cm for the 2 up and 305cm for the 3 up but my Basestation only measures 272cm. I'm guessing that their measurements are wrong, or possibly this years models have changed in size.....glad you didn't just read the specs and give up without trying / finding a way to make it fit!

Next time you have the opportunity, any chance of some photos of your winch location; and how you have best managed to tie down; and the fit at the front end? Now that I know Waveblaster fits , I want to work on the next phase of how to make the loading and transportation as easy and damage free as possible.

Cheers,
Paul

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Just caught up with this thread and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well done for sinking outside the square.....makes me want to try a JetSki.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Not currently looking to change craft at the moment but interested to read your findings about which Spark models fit. The current specs on the Seadoo website give lengths of 279cm for the 2 up and 305cm for the 3 up but my Basestation only measures 272cm. I'm guessing that their measurements are wrong, or possibly this years models have changed in size.....glad you didn't just read the specs and give up without trying / finding a way to make it fit!

Next time you have the opportunity, any chance of some photos of your winch location; and how you have best managed to tie down; and the fit at the front end? Now that I know Waveblaster fits , I want to work on the next phase of how to make the loading and transportation as easy and damage free as possible.

Cheers,
Paul

Yeah, I had to go back to the first page of this thread to remember my measurements, 2760mm I measured in my Basestation and you will see in one of the pics I think the nose comes through the door and extra 30/60mm depending on how much I leave at the back. It a very VERY tight fit!!

the Seadoo 3up is the same ski but has a longer seat and a removable platform at the rear which gives it extra buoyancy (the one I have)

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
What about a standup ?
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/watercraft/superjet-waverunner/14-superjet-0
1081-14634.jpg
2240 mm
139 kg
and get a rolling stand made up like this one
http://www.jet-world.net/images/accessories/FACTZERO.jpg
FACTZERO.jpg

I just went out and measured my jetski and it is way to long :-(
the wife wants me to sell it to make more room in the carport.

You could almost fit two of these in the Basestation!!!
The weight is the killer, the spark is so light because its plastic no fibreglass.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
Might be able to make a video of me winching it in and out on Sunday
Did you ever manage to take a video or photo?
Have started to measure up for the possible fitting of an electric winch however not as straight forward as first thought! Under the floor where I would like to install the winch is the controller of the ESC and the next best location still underneath is where I might relocate one of the water tanks to. Mounting the winch inside rather than below will either block the door or hatch to the toilet. Might need to consider a bracket to allow the winch to be removed when not in use.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Sorry mate, not yet.
But I am loading the JetSki in the back in 2 weeks so will be able to take some shots this time as I won't be under the pump. I have mounted my winch off to the side under the bed (left side looking out the rear) use a couple of pulleys, one to redirect the cable straight out the rear, and another to half the load on the winch. Pulleys attached to the tie down points in the van. Winch bolted through floor supports.

Reactions: cruza driver