Toy Hauler Jetski in the Toy Hauler? It Fits!!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I have seen a jetski BaseStation combo. It was a couple of years ago and I cant remenber if it was at Batemans Bay or Moruya (its the beers again).
The ski lived on the trailer and was simply loaded in the BaseStation when they packed up. I cant recall if the drawbar of the trailer had been modified to be folded or removed.
They had some sort of winch to pull it up, I think it may have even been the trailer winch disconnected off the jetski and connected somewhere in the BaseStation.

There is hope yet!! Thanks mate

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Don't know if it helps but we've just transported our boat trailer for our 370 explorer in the base station the other day. The man of the van had this fabulous idea as he had the boat, a boat loader and now acquired a small trailer for the boat but not a foldable yet as there weren't enough funds. The trailer was also loaded with five bikes strapped on and the outboard attached with its trolley. Bunks were put up and trailer loaded no worries. It was anchored down (I think corner to corner) to tie down points in the basestation and the draw bar was poking through the doorway. Needless to say I was doubtful and I am particular about my van but it was secure and never moved. I could ask him more details when he's not snoring if you like.
Cheers
Oh Yes!! Any pics?? Any more info would be great! I haven't seen anything like this done with my own eyes... I like pictures :)

Reactions: cruza driver

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Somehow I think that fitting A 50mm square peg in to a 50mm round hole would be easier. Can we have a video, with sound, to see how much fun you had.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
@bigman0510 This would be an awesome idea. When I bought my old jetski in 2003, the shops had little trolleys they would wheel them around the showroom with. Nothing more than a box chassis with vee guides in them. Some were very low profile with inflatable wheels similar to a small quadbike and some had wheels like a hand trolley, also inflatable. You could use like a winch setup to drag this up into the BaseStation. Jetskis now are normally about 350kgs and you could push the trolley under it while it floated then push it by hand up to the bank.

I have had a lot of thought about this because I want another Jetski!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
@bigman0510 This would be an awesome idea. When I bought my old jetski in 2003, the shops had little trolleys they would wheel them around the showroom with. Nothing more than a box chassis with vee guides in them. Some were very low profile with inflatable wheels similar to a small quadbike and some had wheels like a hand trolley, also inflatable. You could use like a winch setup to drag this up into the BaseStation. Jetskis now are normally about 350kgs and you could push the trolley under it while it floated then push it by hand up to the bank.

I have had a lot of thought about this because I want another Jetski!!!

Nice one!
Yeah I thought as we go to the dam and the lake a fair bit, it would be an awesome bit of kit to pull out and play with whilst there!!

So when are you getting a Basestation @Hubble80 ???

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
2014-01-09 12.31.44.jpg 2014-01-09 12.31.55.jpg 2014-01-09 12.32.08.jpg If anyone is interested, I know someone that started something and lost interest.
He would sell for about 5k I think.
Start from scratch and turn it into anything you want.

Last edited:

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Nice one!
Yeah I thought as we go to the dam and the lake a fair bit, it would be an awesome bit of kit to pull out and play with whilst there!!

So when are you getting a Basestation @Hubble80 ???

The plan is in the "You're Dreaming" phase at the moment!!! You are right though, because you have a caravan it is very difficult to do anything in the water other than swim, unless you want to use two cars to tow stuff everytime.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
The plan is in the "You're Dreaming" phase at the moment!!! You are right though, because you have a caravan it is very difficult to do anything in the water other than swim, unless you want to use two cars to tow stuff everytime.

HAHA... that was where i was at for ages.... all you need to say when you go camping is "If we had the Basestation that would have fit in" You can just about start any sentence with "If we had a basestation" thats how I got the green light for my last 2 vans "Shutup and just get it" HEHE

Reactions: cruza driver