Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ok i give in anytime you and your comrade El @Crusty181 want to get your gear off for a romp in my front yard your on now winter is kicking in your both most welcome noat this offer expires October the 1st so you got plenty of time to arrange things i have a fire drum if needed

Plenty of pictures too @Bluey need the zoom lens and very fast settings...............

Where dose the saying Its a bit Hows your Farther come from i have no idea where it comes from i said Fair to mudley today and got blank looks from the new age crew

It was an English TV Show ???????
Buggered if I know actually,
:o:o:o Damn I just Googled it, no wonder I got a clip around the ear as a kid.............:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new: ...... Amazing that I never knew....bluddy Poms.:biggrin1:

Remember the old Pommy movies with the vaudeville, so " Hows your Father, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, ooi "

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can a Moderator please pin something so that new members are directed to read the manuals for their vans equipment, if none available then Mr Google the Brand and Model # , they can then ask away of the brains trust with at least some basic knowledge of their gear, we then don't have to start at Kindy level ...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I supposed the Cruisota will stay in the garage so it doesn't get dirty ???????:biggrin::biggrin-new::behindsofa:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Off to Echuca tomoz should be good if i can get the van out of driveway its probly rusted in and seized up test the GVM too
Hi,
you might have some temporary flat spots on the van tyres that will take a few kms to settle down.

I would take it easy out on the highway for the first hour or so until the tyres warm up. But I probably worry too much!

Have a good break and please post some photos to make me envious!

I wound the roof up on the Penguin this morning to let in fresh air and hopefully prevent any mold. Also fired up the gas to check that the stove and
fridge are working.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

rags

Rims i have them and hopefully dont loose them they wont be appreciateing me bringing my fridge to go country butcher to load up i got fridge in the car but no bloody 12 volt lead where the bloody hell is it ive searched since 330 packed car in the dark ive looked so long its normally in side pocket or in the fridge but its not there where did i put it who stole it has a rat taken off with my lead from the shed ?? Or have i stashed it so good i will never find it hope to get one in one of those worlds best camping stores in echuca there 30 bucks at anaconda so wont be paying must more than that bugger me i hate looseing stuff ive searched van too

That $30 you pay for a new lead will be just like buying instructions telling you where you left the old lead. Nothing more certain in life

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Yep they're not cheap to replace those cables. Unless you're near a Jaycar and then they're generally 40% cheaper than everywhere else. Supercheap, autobarn, those places will have them. They are after all just a generic plug with your choice of connection on the end.

I lost my 240v cable ages ago. Luckily an old pc or monitor power cable fits it so just used one of them.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
my old timers Engel has special leads, one for 240 and another for 12, many moons ago I ended up having to buy spares, now at least one is MIA at any one time, I tie the damn things to the handle... Was going to make a whole new plug set up but the plug has 4 pins and part of the set up makes a circuit which tells the thing its 12 or 240, I was hoping to use a standard PC 3 pin lead. At least in the Colorado it lived in the back.

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
my old timers Engel has special leads, one for 240 and another for 12, many moons ago I ended up having to buy spares, now at least one is MIA at any one time, I tie the damn things to the handle... Was going to make a whole new plug set up but the plug has 4 pins and part of the set up makes a circuit which tells the thing its 12 or 240, I was hoping to use a standard PC 3 pin lead. At least in the Colorado it lived in the back.
That's annoying. My fridge 12v cable is permanently fitted in the back of the Ranger so I know I 'should' never lose it. Strange things do happen though.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I went and checked my Engel to make sure the 2 cables were still zip tied to grab handle, have no idea where the spares are though, probably floating around in that handy/secret spot............. my first 240v cable got chewed by my daughters guinea pig, fridge was doing beer fridge duty at the time, I thought kids had knocked lead out so, yep grabbed lead and landed 10 ft away, so snuck up on power point then found the chewed cable, went looking for the pig then, daughters daughter now has a guinea pig so not allowed anywhere near my fridge I can tell you...................... no pig/rat was hurt at the time, come close though..... fridge is still going well racks up 42 this October.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I went and checked my Engel to make sure the 2 cables were still zip tied to grab handle, have no idea where the spares are though, probably floating around in that handy/secret spot............. my first 240v cable got chewed by my daughters guinea pig, fridge was doing beer fridge duty at the time, I thought kids had knocked lead out so, yep grabbed lead and landed 10 ft away, so snuck up on power point then found the chewed cable, went looking for the pig then, daughters daughter now has a guinea pig so not allowed anywhere near my fridge I can tell you...................... no pig/rat was hurt at the time, come close though..... fridge is still going well racks up 42 this October.

42years that’s a good effort.my Engel is prob 28 /30 years old and going strong

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
van sits up a bit may have to put tow ball on lowest setting

Buy more pies..............

Jack Absalom ....... Outbook Cooking in the Camp Oven, the only cook book you will ever need .......

20200608_104913_Burst01.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Buy more pies..............

Jack Absalom ....... Outbook Cooking in the Camp Oven, the only cook book you will ever need .......

View attachment 65256
Hi @Drover,

sorry to be pedantic, but this great book is written by Jack and Reg Absalom.

I have had my copy for many many years.

Another of my favourites and a great classic is "Safe Outback Travel" by Jack Absalom first printed in 1976.
I read it again just recently.

take care
Mike

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi @Drover,

sorry to be pedantic, but this great book is written by Jack and Reg Absalom.

I have had my copy for many many years.

Another of my favourites and a great classic is "Safe Outback Travel" by Jack Absalom first printed in 1976.
I read it again just recently.

take care
Mike

Yep, you are pedantic and when I typed it out I thought I should add Reg, trust you to pick up on it...... I have copies of both, well thumbed and certainly first editions.