Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Morning slow trip in on the Mombai express people been stealing copper along train line as you do cruiser packed van allmost packed hurry up Mrs bluey hope to knock off at 11 a quick 4 hrs this morning i hope ..... 33 today strong north wind great day for towing 4 hrs up the road not !!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Morning all last Rdo for the year yesterday spent at unioun picnic not a bad day .. counting down the days now untill we roll out the driveway and dont return for a month getting air bags fitted to cruiser . boats ready just need to get all my stuff out for loading up looking forward to some boat and beach time

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Morning all last Rdo for the year yesterday spent at unioun picnic not a bad day .. counting down the days now untill we roll out the driveway and dont return for a month getting air bags fitted to cruiser . boats ready just need to get all my stuff out for loading up looking forward to some boat and beach time
Plan your trip to miss the Sydney Expressways @Bluey , last month mate drove from Pacific Hwy to Hume and got slugged $46 in tolls....$100 round trip is just BS....over 14mts long and over 2.8mt high gets commercial rate......................................... I think I would come up inland and use the Golden Hwy...

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Every other trip up 4 years now allways gone over harbour bridge and yes we cop tolls but its never that bad traffic hasnt been to bad last year a bit slow near airporr not sure witch way your mate went @Drover but we dont go there much so we like dragging van over the bridge kids like it too alough last year we saw bottom of the harbour as i missed the turn to the bridge straight in the tunnel i went lets just say kids didnt let me forget that will be getting into sydney friday arvo 20th
Oh did i say train is packed i finnish hr early wensdays to take my daughter to karate its her grading on sunday 8 years old going for brown belt she started at 4 years old very proud indeed the grading goes 3 hrs only quick drink breaks black belt grading 2 full days parts of it black belts only no one else can watch

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
He travelled the M2 and M7 travelling from north to south joining the Hume to headback to Victoria, the thing is doesn't matter what tollway, you will get charged commercial rate towing a van, the bridge only charges a flat rate and if your coming up the Princess I think its only $14 for the M5, https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/sydney-motorways/toll-charges/index.html
Bloody ripp off anyway.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
My understanding is it's basically anything over 12.5m in length OR 2.8m high.

The vehicles in class A (car rate) have to be less than 2.8m high AND less than 12.5m long.

Here is the definitive information:
https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/sydney-motorways/toll-charges/index.html

cheers
Mike[/QUOTE)
Thats the link I posted, if you read the fine print you will see how they manage to make a car with van into Class B, all in the axles......A dig around the site explains a vehicle towing a trailer is counted as a whole unit.

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Ive been asked how high my van is standered answer .... i dont know do you want me measure it im driving do i pull over i havent got a tape measure ......is it over a certin hight ??? Na couldnt be its just a caravan not a truck .... this seems to work every time i only get charged a few bucks each way ..... the bridge is only paid one way north bound i think and we get a casual pass that lasts untill we come home
We go eastern distributor over bridge and lane cove tunnel

Last edited: