Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Yes thanks it is something we live with but now have to be extra careful, good to hear you are both clear ,on the subject of cleaning I went through our kitchen pantry tidied up and threw out all stuff past use by date now apparently that is over stepping my mark, reasoning! She did not tell me what was required in the garden shed,so my efforts are defiantly outside. Happy safe travel

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I've got this one for the road. I know where her heart is ;)View attachment 65267
I know where her lungs are too ;)

Some cow, some piglet, some tattie, a few cackle berries , big bottle of dead horse and for emergencies a bag of flour and a tin of jam.... Of course a can opener, not much more needed...leaves heaps of room for Beer..
You sound like your organising a Crusade

The hard cover has more recipes than the soft one
Not sure why, but Im leaning toward the soft ones ... sorry, one

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
This afternoon, just 10mins ago, Big Mal was plugged into the power station, fridge turned on in anticipation of a Friday departure............. Getting toey.
Noice ... where is the destination

Im likely heading to Gippsland early next week for a handful of days surf fishing, then Narooma nsw area for 10 days, then back home and start looking at maybe the Oodnadatta in Aug

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I'm off to Rocky Point Retreat on the 9th of next month for a few days, Darwin is obviously canceled and so is the rest of my year by the looks, went to see surgeon the other day, I need a full knee replacement which my gold with extras health insurance doesn't cover. Its only $2,500 for the surgeon but $22,500 for the hospital and anaesthetist, I'm off to Bundy on the weekend to discuss with Medibank Private they have an office up there!!!! if its not one thing it another, I was taught the harder you work the luckier you get, no one told me you wear out working hard :-(

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm off to Rocky Point Retreat on the 9th of next month for a few days, Darwin is obviously canceled and so is the rest of my year by the looks, went to see surgeon the other day, I need a full knee replacement which my gold with extras health insurance doesn't cover. Its only $2,500 for the surgeon but $22,500 for the hospital and anaesthetist, I'm off to Bundy on the weekend to discuss with Medibank Private they have an office up there!!!! if its not one thing it another, I was taught the harder you work the luckier you get, no one told me you wear out working hard :-(
I found out the same eye watering info with a knee arthroscope, thought my insurance covered at least a %, but nope not a zack. Got a call from the hospital the night before the surgery chasing cash, no cover at all. My private health insurance covers public hospital, which is actually free, go figure. Great system the wonderful Govt have shaped into a fist and forced up our collective ..... $%÷=#÷@

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Noice ... where is the destination

Likely out to Copper Creek but certainly Eromanga and Noccundra Pub and all points in between............. thats the plan but my plans change by the day.........

Crap Dave, nothing else to say just CRAP ....................................... let us know how you go, we will come and visit, but pick a nice hospital close to
a good camping spot and we could have an Expanda Get Together,........................

We are here if you need anything...............

DRW

May 29, 2013
Cheers Ian, i didn't think it was that bad, ill probably just end up getting it done anyway, there goes the Nissan but hey the Jeep still goes. One option is to increase my cover because I know the other knee isnt far behind either, we'll just see what happends thankfully i'm still a member of the Virgin wine club lol

My surgeon has some scathing remarks about the health system, he says it should be re-named

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
That’s a bit of a bugger, Dave. I find it hard to believe the hospital charges are so high but I know the anethesists charge like a wounded bull.. I, too, wish you well and will help in any way possible.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Interesting thought @Bluey I’m no greenie but I do really care for our environment and reports agree with you?? On the knee I was to have an arthroscopy 4 years ago but ended up in hospital from my bike crash and canceled it, since then Arthur Ritus has taken over

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not living in that environment @Bluey it hasn't changed that way up here but having worked around those noisy smelly buggas a lot I can certainly imagine you would notice it, saviour it well fella, for sure They'll Be Back ....

Could fire a shot down themain street of Rainbow, not a Helga or Ingrid in site, well only a cocuple, beach is pretty empty.

@DRW Your nearly at the old timers medical service Dave, wait till then , book in and by the time the house needs painting again you should have it done.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your getting very green there @Bluey and right, your lucky your digger doesn't have to comply to Euro 6 you would probably want to bury it then, a DPF on a digger didn't realize they had that BS rubbish on them as well. With all the rabid Greenies down there on Councils you might end up having to toss your diggers and go back to shovels you know................... One site, job for life..

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Volkswagon experiment poisoned 100,000s of "you and me's" at the altar of commercial greed. Many 1000s of peoples lives have been shortened as a result and is a sobering reminder of what a world would look like where no rules apply, and what the powerful few are prepared to do to us peasants, and the planet as a whole, to fill their grubby pockets ... and dieselgate is only one example from a playbook of 100,000s. I'm very VERY far from being a Greenie, but I can see that being anti-green certainly isn't working.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I dont care about any of it....... Damn doctor wants to see me again next week, so no road trip so peed off...... Too many pastries/cakes during lockdown I think, Mrs D fired up the cooking goodies....

Reactions: chartrock

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I dont care about any of it....... Damn doctor wants to see me again next week, so no road trip so peed off...... Too many pastries/cakes during lockdown I think, Mrs D fired up the cooking goodies....
Ample quantities of Covid absorbing cake is what's required ... that's why you didn't get it :cheer2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and flaky pastry apple turnovers....... hopefully end of next week plug Big Mal back in............ I'm not happy I sometimes think because I have a Gold Card they load things up....... anyway they have a week to get their act together or I'm out of here........... the cancer stuff is dormant so thats what matters.......hell I dropped 2 kgs since the great pig out as I saw this aint doing me good............

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
I think the amount of planes realy have changed things all the talk about cars and diesals now with dpfs and other clogging stuff on the motors my digger has a dpf but still breather hoses comming out under its belly ....you never hear anything or anyone mention planes the should be cap on the amount of them in the skys if you looked at plane tracker over the US you almost carnt see land for the amount of planes its out of hand its not a greenie thing just makes sence why if i was a plane company i can have as many as i like thousands if i want without trying to make them less polluting cap them let the nob heads come up with a figure and they carnt exceed that or pay dearly in polluting taxes but when its all stuffed up we're all stuffed ok im done cause thease times show we dont need as many in the skys 2 or 3 ks above our heads

I think you'll find, that per passenger, a plane produces less C02 than a car. So if you have a Boeing 737 flying from Melbourne to Sydney, with say 220 passengers on board, and you have the equivalent number of cars doing the same trip, the cars as a collective will produce more pollution than the plane. Even if some car pooled, it would still produce more than the plane.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Drover the Dpf works well in them but there flat out full power reves in high power mode 700 till 530 absalutely flat out not cruising the streets at 60ks it burns maybe 6 to 10 times a day i dont evan notice apart from a symbol on the computerized dash which flow rates anything an be adjusted it also has a heated seat if i wish to have it on to heat my bum and lower back if i eva turn it off during a burn or do somthing wrong with computer hitachi will ring my company and say what fk is your operator doing as they know the digger can speak to them or them to it very high tech at half a mil near enough the price for a 36 tonner youd expect that well ok 400 odd grand

Most interesting, I was thinking it would do a burn pretty regularly due to low revs must be a maintenance nightmare if its not watched.... Our trucks and fridges would talk back to base, they would give you a call if the fridge was doing something, you wouldn't even be aware of it and when you went from say Hay Plains to New England they could tickle the settings for more grunt from the donk, never liked the Big Brother scenario.......... I knocked the seat heater button on a Kenny and a little while later I pulled up as I thought I had something burning under my seat as my bum was getting cooked, really bluddy burning, took me awhile to click why, never used as not cold enough.....

Reactions: Bluey