Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
BLAZE AID .................... thinking I might pack the old tools in a bag, hook up Big Mal and head off to lend a hand, well as much as an old coot can do anyway, mind is willing but the body beautiful may have other thoughts, fencing and stuff can be a a source of much pain of an evening, especially for an old bugger....anyone Been There Done That with Blaze Aid ?????
Hi @Drover , talk to @mikerezny about that as he did some work for Blaze Aid last year.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
We have done three stints at BlazeAid: Floods at Bridgewater, fences at Cobden and Bunyip. We may head off to either Lexton or East Gippsland when the camps are announced.
I was a team leader for some of the time at Cobden.

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Drover ,
have a look at this site for a list of current BlazeAid camps. There should be some up in Northern NSW. I see there is still one going in Ebor.

http://blazeaid.com.au/current-camps

You just need to phone the Camp Coordinator for the camp you want to attend to let them know you are volunteering. Note that dogs are not allowed at some camps.
You just have to front up. You are covered for workers comp as long as you are alcohol and drug free. But you are not covered for ambulance.
They supply everything else: food, camping, sometimes power, showers, laundry. That have tandem trailers that have all the tools needed to do the work.
Usually they supply hi-vis vests, gloves, safety googles. But they have been overwhelmed and Kevin has asked for people to bring their own vests, googles, gloves, and a pair of Knipex cutters.
You always work in a team with a team leader.

There is also a BlazeAid facebook site that has more up to date information.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Blazeaid/posts

There is also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/blazeaidgreynomads

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yep been looking at them. QLDers covered for ambo and Im covered for everything anyway just might have some other things that may stop us....equipment not a problem just wish I hadnt got rid of my fencing bag when I moved.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Oh forgot to post this heres what not to do when moveing van with pop top up saw this yseterday when driveing in the tree im sure has claimed many victims its still there so the tree seems to win every time
Screenshot_20200109-093852.png

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Love that shot above i told Mrs Bluey take a pic No i carnt take the bloody pic hurry up just do it Lol
Anyway good evening from coldish Kiama bit of smoke around surfers wearing wet suits cold water not like the 24 deg water at umina nice park stay tuned big park this one

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Good morning from Kiama still here im working on my report of this van park will be long and detailed
Kiamas ok i like shell harbour and werrie beach better...... drove to shoalhaven heads so done most if the south coast now ...... my sons birthday today so doing stuff for him today water park.. pool and take them surfing on there nippa board i have very mixed feelings about this so called 4 star big 4 park theres a lot more at a good van park than a pool and water park if there beach was like umina it would be small kid friendly but its not full report later but i will say Nmra and big 4s here dont come close to being a caravan resort like our RACV Cobrham in vic now thats a classy van park 5 stars