Dual Cab Chassis, Broken...Baw Haw..Sob..

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm following your posts okay Dean, might see if I can find a weigh bridge to just see how the ute moves the needle on the scale, steel tray on the Holden has 8 mounting points by the way, steel tray from a mob in Toowoomba.

There's a nest of ExpandasDU members out that way to lead you astray for sure.
The decision to put mine over the weight bridge was where my problems and anxiety started @Drover ... all my previous life leading right up to the moment I dropped those coins in the weigh bridge slot, I was blissfully unaware what emotions, sleepless nights work and spending I was about to unleash

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats why I'm dodging it @Crusty181 , thankfully haven't come across an easy drivethru weigh bridge yet and as an ex truckie have an inbuilt aversion to them, like the going to dentist actually.........................I will one day though, just scared steel tray gotta be heavy, alloy shed not so much, crap inside, yowsers !!!!!!!!!,,,,nah thats it I don't want to know...............where's that sand pit ????

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Deposit down. Silver it is (white not available till next year and I'm not willing to not have my caravan holiday). Hate buying just before the new year but deadlines are deadlines. GVM upgrade will have to wait also and just be Qld not national.

Hopefully the LC200 will be for pickup next week.

Heard from a birdie that Toyota will be stopping LC200's in Australia within a few years just like they have done in the UK. Evidently they can't meet the emission standards within their pricing schedule or something? Rumours maybe. Would most likely be a major model change. Wonder what the changes would be?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Glad it's all sorted @Dean Anderson now to get the catalogues out to line up all the goodies........

Mate just emailed me he picked up a new Ranger XLT yesterday, I told him to go out and fit it with new suspension.

Reactions: Rockape and bigcol

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Truth is.....Toyota has listened to the client and has a touring vehicle lined up.......The extras between models aren't things like chrome mirrors, or 8 inch GPS with poor maps instead of a 6 inch with poor maps. They have added 12 volt sockets for fridges in the rear, solar input for long stays for the dual isolated battery system. The GVM also has factory upgrade options..........................There is so much more that Toyota is doing to keep its clientele, and gain market share...............

OOPS

No they aren't

But I'm still buying one. Why would that be?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bahahahahhahhahha,

Because you have too much money ?????

Because you want one ?????

Because you know Drover would really like one and can't ???????

Soon you won't be able to find your truck amongst all the others at the markets by the river ....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If you want to check the weights and measure's of your vehicle, the certificate that gains the Compliance Plate for your vehicle go here.....http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/
Can also find approval certificates for GVM upgrades done by ARB etc on some models which would make life easier for compliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockape and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Landcruiser results are interesting................

Might start a new thread for this stuff.

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Not Found
The requested URL /pls/wwws/PubRVCS.Notify_Search_Result was not found on this server.

Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.19 Server at rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au Port 80

Reactions: Drover

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Update.............That's where I feel Suncorp is pushing their finger or maybe their whole fist......

I was told after conformation/email by the assessor that all was finalised and it just needed a senior assessor to tick the boxes.... I was told I would be contacted last Monday ( 6 days ago)...I was told the $$$ should be sorted out by Friday.............Didn't happen..........Another week and no movement by Suncorp.......

Presently I count Suncorp as extremely unprofessional as an insurance company...........DELAY DELAY DELAY..............

Not impressed.........................

Not that it means much to a big insurance company............But now this little person is going to investigate other insurance options for house, contents, caravan, cars etc etc.....

I would also like to note that I have been constantly told that they will let me know what is going on.....................I have not received one phone call or text message or email that I DID NOT INSTIGATE...................and then the wait was between 20-40 minutes to talk to someone.

Customer service is atrocious...............

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
You're no orphan in having troubles with Insurance payouts. Just taken about a year to get a payout for repairs to a rental property from another Company. Emails going astray to them (so they say), multiple people across it and not talking to each other and just general delaying/avoiding tactics.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
MMMMMMMMM.......Would be interesting to see how long it would take to finalise if I don't ring anyone or make a complaint. Maybe I should send an email regarding my interest rates for outstanding payments TO ME?

I'm sure all this stuff is covered under different Acts and Regulations, (and Codes of Practice that mean nothing).

I'm extremely lucky that I now don't care how long this takes. My partner is leasing the second car and its just a matter of how much I tell about my experiences with Suncorp on heaps of forums over the time it takes for them to sort things out.. I have no power in this relationship apart from what my experiences are....

I really feel sorry for the Tradie that uses his car for work, has this happen........and then has Suncorp screw him around for 8 weeks..........

I have had no communication with Suncorp unless I (or may partner) have rang them...........They have said they will keep us informed but have not sent any emails or text messages or phoned.............

Absolutley s-house customer service....................I used to respect Suncorp................

Reactions: Rockape

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have had to deal with RACQ a lot in the last couple of years, for van and car, namely 4 times and I must admit they needed a bit of follow up but at least they returned calls but did get a bit sick of telling The Story all the time.
I'd be getting a tiny bit steamed though after this time.........................

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Lattest update.

Insurance is checking that a new chassis is available in Melbourne and if so that is being freighted to Toowoomba and the chassis is then being replaced, which should take between two to three weeks at worst (hopefully) after delivery of chassis ( hopefully they don't have to get one from Thailand). Bit of rigmarole to change VIN but generally an easy process.

I think the Ford Ranger forum didn't like my opinion about warranty and advertising. Tried to search within the forum but I think they have pulled the entire discussion due to heated points of view.....And probably because of the truth.... Sort of like car rascism in my opinion.

In comparison...I'd like to say something that I hope does not offend any expanda owners but is what I believe lots of us think...

Jayco Expandas generally have a few warranty issues when they get delivered....Expandas generally have a few problems that annoy the hell out of owners......Expanda owners know that they have not bought the theoretically best or most expensive caravan on the market................Expanda owners know that at times the product is dissapointing or appears poorly designed....

But you know what...........Expanda owners are big enough people to know that:
A) They have bought the best product for the price.
B) The little problems are easily fixed with a bit of consultation with either Jayco or forum members.
C) Owning the vehicle is about living the vehicle.
D) I love my Expanda,and nothing else compares.
E) **** happens, lets discuss it and get over it (hiding it and pretending isn't good).

I dunno..........

There is something about the highs and lows in the Expandas Downunder forum........how they are discussed without judgement....... and how we all love discussing both high and low.....and how we all climb out the other side of the pond and say....hell yeah lets go camping...who cares.

Gotta love my Expanda,..... but never as much as my kids do, and they are the world.

Well said!

We don't discrimante unless we have to :)

well said @Dean Anderson

you dont realise just how bad some forums are, until you see the really really bad side.............

again, thank you @expanda and the Mods for this forum for how its run
and
all the members, for their quick wit and substantial knowledge base

Again well said good bunch of people round here!

Reactions: dagree