Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I really like that @Dobbie ,:clap2: perfect rationalization and of course saves them the hassle of transferring money and trying to liase with their siblings and as usual they would just let Dad do it all anyway, so I just take out the middlemen and woman...:bounce:............and since most of them are 1400kms away....:becky:..................I can hardly wait for Santa to surprise me,:eek-53: better make room in my shed......:drum:.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Ute has developed a list to Port by about 15mm, I'm trying to ignore it and hope it may be a sticky shock, I certainly hope it's not a McPherson strut thats shagged as they are a big pain.........................get the shed tidied up and put it up on stands, let everything hang and then see what happens.

I wonder where the receipts are for the new springs, only 12 mths old....

PS: and it's still there with my big bum on the other side.

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
and a nice bit of Bunghole to go with it............:couch2:................................. (Bunghole = cheese, of the rats cheese variety, sharp and tasty...)

So............nothing to do with grey water tanks....and the sealing of same?

:o

And...how's the settling in to the new house? How many cartons are still to be unpacked?

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All done, starting on front fence which requires a shed tidy first so I can get to my tools..........otherwise could be some sailor speak as I trip over stuff.............rest day yesterday, took visitors for beach run and dinner at pub..........next lot turns up next week, nobody wanted to visit when we lived out in the sticks.........at least they bring juice of grape and hops.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Today The Ute was in the shed, the alloy canopy on the back while far more versatile than a tub does suffer the problem of getting hot which in turn means the Engel tends to run a lot more if not all the time, a problem which occurs in the tub/canopy combo's also, this drains a hell of a lot of juice from the aux battery, so much that at times the solar on the roof only just holds it's own and I mean just..............the grand plan would be to fit a Donaldson type filter and scoop on the roof to allow a good flow with an electric fan to assist when stopped and a vent, now this would be very nice, many $$$$ so next idea was a rotary vent on the roof for exhaust with a vent on the front to draw air in, this also didn't get past the Treasurer BUT the 2 @ $4 vents and computer fan sitting on a shelf in my shed gained approval so in the interim they were utilized and actually works quite well keeping the temp at ambient, something I didn't think possible actually and while they will get a bit of fine tuning in the future it is a good trial. I think the biggest worry is keeping dust and water from coming in via the front vent, mate has one and said he doesn't have any trouble, time will tell......just have to set up a switch with a 30 deg thermo switch to fire it all up, at the moment when I lift a door the light comes on and the fan stops..........
.Have also been thinking of fitting a CPU fan on the Engel to boost the airflow when it gets warm, haven't looked for a 12v line yet, don't want to arc myself up as they have some quirky wiring in these things, but a wire to my own 12v circuit via a thermal switch might be the easier option, fan clipped on but the Engel lives in the Ute nowadays so doesn't move around like it used to................watch this space..........
Okay and here's some pics...

Front vent....... IMG_20170117_120037.jpg ..tucked out of the way.........

Rear vent outside.......................IMG_20170117_120025.jpg and fan on the other side..IMG_20170117_120638.jpg

so far all good, may need to add another exhaust on other side and when I finish lining the inside with thin styro for insulating to help, I can sort all my wiring out as LED strips will need relocating as well..........................
No rush, I'm retired......................................bit of crowd funding would help though....

PS: soon as I finished we went to the beach for the rest of the day..................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Crowd funding?
Not sure of meaning of that

:oops:

I'll PM you my address and you can send me a cheque, money order or postal note....Crowd Funding where a lot of gullible people send money to someone they don't know so they can do something, like go on a holiday, build a house, help someone all on the say, so of a blog..................with no recourse or refund or proof.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I've never been known to imbibe....never been caught.
Maybe I'm not the best person to run the bar, and certainly not the best to volunteer to help with fencing....as said, a straight line is not my strength.

Can't help with the fishing either as I'm not really sure what a fish looks like these days. Total lack of success.

so I'll have to decline your kind offer Sir @Drover

Reactions: dagree and bigcol