Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep we are on the same track, I change the engine every 10 though otherwise at 5 I would changing once a month sometimes, use Penrite all round found the Tranny and TC like it and 10w40 oil, change fuel every 20 along with air filters....2 x Grand Cherokees ran the same maintenance programme and had 300K trouble free.

Been thinking of putting the cooler in behind the bullbar with an air scoop via the fog light holes, be easier than pulling the damn front end off...just requires more contemplation.

Since I don't have my walk under anymore have been toying with 4 x drive up ramps, interconnected so they don't move but it sort of scares me a bit so may give it a miss.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
10/40 how do you find that when it's cold. Does the motor feel under load first thing in the morning or can't you tell?

If you can get away with using ducting onto the cooler that would be a better option, otherwise the whole bumper has to come off as you said and yes that's a big job that's for sure.

I have seen those ramps on some of your earlier posts and I thought they were a great idea, bet your missing those for sure.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mate the biggest pain of moving was leaving my ramps behind.............if it wasn't for the upgraded suspension and lift it would be a pain to get under now but concrete floor and a trolley are just okay but no major jobs underneath nowadays, can managed a tranny oil change and no mess, amazes me, one day schloop it will happen......................tested out the cold weather with 10w40, Canberra minus2 deg yesterday morn and no drama, actually sounded better than normal, it's sitting by my window now covered in ice.
Cooler in the bull bar on one side will be the go I think, taking the front end off , yuck big time, then cutting the pipes and my flare tool probably is the wrong size as well, one day I will get it done, one day.

Reactions: skippy