Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Jeeperific, a wonderful vehicle which has done sterling service for the last 260,000kms has been stripped of it's additions and is cleaned up ready to go to the caryard and a 2013 RG Colorado LX dual cab tray back will take it's place towing the Expanda on our wanderings.

So a week of tinkering will take place fitting all the gear onto the Ute, UHF, camera and hopefully an alloy canopy on the back to throw all our gear in, racks for the Yak and thats just to get it to a stage to go camping, then comes the start of mods like battery and gas bottle rack, catch can, EGR fix and some rod pods, water tank oh the list is endless.

Not looking forward to running wires everywhere and all that sort of stuff though.

I hope it performs as well as others have said, I'm sure it will.............anyone know where you can get a workshop manual ???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It certainly is sad @DRW but as a wagon stuffing everything in the back was just a big pain the ute will make things heaps easier especially for stowing the Genny and fuel, 10 yrs of Jeeping is something special, pity they don't build a Ute.

Bahahaha truly quick off the mark @Smergen.

Reactions: bigcol and DRW

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mate, instead of following the norm.............. and buying a camp fire starter kit..........

why didnt you just cut the back off the Jeep, and put a tray on it...........................

just throwing it out there..........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No pics, too busy...............got my brake controller fitted in today, be helpfull if there was a decent forum like this one or AusJeep (AJOR) to find info, anyway had heard that it's not a good idea nowadays to pick up the brake light signal from the brake switch so I tapped into the trailer plug and ran are cable back to the controller which I fitted on the left of the wheel where I can grab it and see the panel.
To save time and sanity, I ran all the cables in one hit, brake controller, rear and van camera, UHF cable and a main power feed into the cab, no trying to tap into some harness, with the cable laid out the carpet and stuff only had to be pulled up once, may take awhile to get the rest connected but at least the bloody cables are run. I hate running cables but this time it's been a breeze no dramas popping panels off someone has actually made sensible fasteners in the Colarado.
Actually ran the cables thru a grommet in the floor pan so much easier than firewall.
Threw the towel in when I checked my reverse cam and it didn't want to work so shut the shed and had a beer. Have a look tomorrow, but at least it ready to roll with the van now even if there's no 12v power for the fridge, thats got to wait till the alloy canopy and battery get fitted, next weeks job.
Am interested in a workshop manual for a 2012 on RG Colorado if anyone knows where they are available, can only find the earlier models.

Glad I have walk under ramps, found the fuel filters today and they would be a bugger to change laying on your back on the floor.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Oh my god ...... its like apparition, a gift from the gods. Be still my beating heart

NP300_765x431px_Large Thumb_1.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You put a picture of a Nissan on my page about my Holden @Crusty181 , is that your page 3 image?

Something you drool over ?
Whoops ... did I actually post that. Must have been the trance I was in

(its from one of those "other" magazines from under the counter, where the hot cars are on very page ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol