Burnsie's Unexpected 17.56-2 Outback

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Another safety mod to add to the van........ thanks again @TRAKADU will let you know how the install goes

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Called past Caravanland to check up on the van and it looks like most of the accessories are installed.....

image.jpg

Unfortunately the guys have installed the storm cover strips on the outside, but I am sure they will still work fine..

image.jpg

I did notice however that the tyres are LT's which is great...

image.jpg

The installers have done a great job though especially as they have installed the internal speakers at the ends, instead of in the sitting area, gave it a quick test....sounds good.

image.jpg

Just a few more changes so hopefully ready in the next week or so

Getting the Prado sorted next week with the TowPro and electrics and we a nearly there......:)

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Looks good @burnsie and guessing the anxious feelings are setting in. We had to wait two weeks and that was bad enough!
The bed end cover strips were originally designed to go outside so guessing that's why they fitted them there but others have found different options (All too late as I installed ours before hearing of the underneath option) but as long as they do the job.... and ours do :)

Still contemplating putting a stereo in ours and was going to fit the speakers in the sitting/dining area but now seeing the speaker near the bed might go down that track.... Listen to the Footy while laying down ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and burnsie

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Looking good.
Our sail track strips are on the outside and so far no issues. They were fitted in the factory I believe and not the dealer.

Reactions: burnsie

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yep as @Cheyne78 said Ledge will be perfect if not busy. If busy will make it a good test for you as the roads through the park are a bit narrow.
Kuringal would have been ideal...... Just drive around, find where you want to set up and just park anwhere ;)

Reactions: burnsie