Burnsie's Unexpected 17.56-2 Outback

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey Guys

We are officially Expanda owners :)

All went well yesterday for the pickup, weather was a bit overcast and driving home was interesting, dark, rainy and windy......ideal weather conditions for towing a van for the first time.

Handover went well just a few drawer latches that needed some help from the Caravanland service person, also just needed some additional memory foam in one of the sleeves the wiring to the pop top uses as when we folded it down it folded to the outside instead of folding in, we think this was due to the additional wiring for the extra solar panel, overall these were the only two things that needed some work. We were also able to get them to install the rear camera on the van as well which the guy was just finishing when we arrived so thanks @dagree for the info on the jaycar metal box works a treat for the socket to sit in.

We did a run through of most things but as most people say we will run through it all at home again and check and see if anything else needs to be fixed, but can't really fault the guys, they were happy to answer any questions etc

So first of all, no one told me about this? Look at all those keys!!!

image.jpg

Arrived to pick the van up

image.jpg

Towing it home was an interesting adventure, as I mentioned above the weather wasn't the best but in the end we made it home.

Will post up some other pics as well as we made a new home for the van, demolished a wall, put a gate on and then concreted it all ready for it's arrival

Backing the van into it's new home, just enough room length wise just under a metre to spare

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As soon as we got home the kids were inside, the TV was setup and they were not moving....

image.jpg

We didn't sleep in it unfortunately last night just didn't work out, but tonight hopefully is another story....

Now that it is home, I can finally start the mods.......

Cheers

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Congratulations on the new van.You must be well pleased.

Love the kids watching TV

Look forward to you documenting all your adventures in the future

Reactions: burnsie

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Congrats mate, awesome stuff, Im glad the hand over went well.
So after breaking the van in with the first nights sleep whats the first planned mod?

Az

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Congrats @burnsie and guessing the wait was worth it!!!!! Have to admit "That's one nice looking van" ;)
Yeah couldn't get over the number of keys but as @bigcol did we made two sets and put the extra spares away for safe keeping...... Now where did I put them? :o

Did you ask them if they had some spare stickers to put across the ext table?

Also looking forward to pics of your wallet getting thinner each time after you use it...... Got some extras to add after last weekends trip!!!!!

Enjoy the new baby :)

Last edited:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Great looking rig and that is one mighty tight squeeze! Can you still roll the trailer out?

Either way mate, you're gunna love it and the time and adventures it brings you.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I made 2 sets out of my "jumble" of keys
also
I marked with nail polish different colours for the rear bed, front bed, left locker, right locker

might help you..............
Must say, when we picked up our van , in Dec, I was expecting our keys to look like the ones above. I was very surprised to get given a set half that. Although they did need to change all the bed locks, as one didn't work. Maybe that was it.

Well done on the new van. Looks great, especially with the kids in it.

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
So after breaking the van in with the first nights sleep whats the first planned mod?

First mod will be the clear roof skirt windows I picked up from @crustt well made and great idea, now that I have the van I have also got some other ones to install which hopefully will fill up my weekends when I am not using the van :)

I made 2 sets out of my "jumble" of keys
also
I marked with nail polish different colours for the rear bed, front bed, left locker, right locker

Thanks for the advice @bigcol worked out that my jumble came down to 6 keys, would have been less but as I added some accessories these needed extra keys

Did you ask them if they had some spare stickers to put across the ext table?

Email sent lets see what they come back with, hopefully they still have some lying around somewhere, maybe even in the factory that I could grab.

We are already on the countdown to four weeks in Coral Bay and Exmouth in September!!!

Enjoy the trip @Cheyne78 that will be on our list to do, if not before the big trip next year then certainly on the way around

Great looking rig and that is one mighty tight squeeze! Can you still roll the trailer out?

Yeah just fit it in both length and width.....just working on my reversing skills :eek-new: regarding the box trailer, yeah just fits through next to it, so lucky I extended the gates to 4.1 metres instead of my original 3.8 width.....

Reactions: bigcol and AzHaych