16' Series Brand Spanking New 16.49-3 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Another excellent looking 2014 van....
How come your doors are white? I am sure I saw another pic on the forum with black doors.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Another excellent looking 2014 van....
How come your doors are white? I am sure I saw another pic on the forum with black doors.
Yeah I was disappointed they're white too after being told they're now black.
The dealer said that the factory is getting too many returns of the black ones with the black chipping off and the white underneath showing through, so they've gone back to white until they can sort it out.
Cheers,
Paul

Reactions: Janbo

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Very nice, congrats. What's that over the door looks like a hatch almost?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
One really nice feature (I'll take some pics tomorrow)bis the windows and blinds.
The skylight is good too

Have they ditched the curtains now?

Great looking van. I think the white doors look fine, prefer over the black, especially if it's only a coating which will chip.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
And one with the beds popped out and the hatch fully open -
image.jpg

Reactions: Ren77

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Have they ditched the curtains now?

Great looking van. I think the white doors look fine, prefer over the black, especially if it's only a coating which will chip.
The window curtains are gone, and I don't think I'll miss them :)
The privacy curtains on the bed are still there, as is the one on the door.
The white hatches look ok, would have preferred black but not black with random white fleck and flaking paint!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep pretty sure blinds only

yep they have gone the same way in most of the vans now, some comments on the Jayco Travel Diary that when the blinds is up there's no ventilation, because its blind one way flyscreen the other, so you need to put them half way, maybe someone with the new windows/blinds can confirm.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
yep they have gone the same way in most of the vans now, some comments on the Jayco Travel Diary that when the blinds is up there's no ventilation, because its blind one way flyscreen the other, so you need to put them half way, maybe someone with the new windows/blinds can confirm.
Confirmed.
The screen and blind can lock together and you can put them up and down together, or you can lock the have them both open etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 248
Reactions: relgate

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I fixed the Tekonsha P3 problem that prevented me from towing if home with the Prado on Saturday - turns out the heavy figure-8 cable I ran from the brake control to the rear was intermittently open circuit. Pulled a new piece in today from the same drum, all good.
Happy campers :)
Cheers,
Paul