16' Series Brand Spanking New 16.49-3 OB

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Hi All,
Just a brief note to say 'hi' to one and all.
Have been lurking for a while but since we're collecting our new (and first) Expanda today I thought we should 'out' ourselves :)
Bought a 16.49-3 OB (café dinette layout) at the Melbourne leisurefest in Oct.
Looking forward to many great years of touring.
Cheers,
Paul & Sandie

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome Paul & Sandie let us in on any extras you picked and we would love some pics of the new baby when you get a chance:encouragement:

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
It's a sad day today... Jayco built our Expanda with the wrong seating/table layout so we had to knock it back and go back on the waiting list :(
We're now due to collect late Feb 2014, so there goes the Xmas holiday plans!!!
On the up side we're getting the newer model with the same options and a few extras for the same price, all we have to do is wait a little longer - I guess that just means we get a longer trip once we do get it :)

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
welcome aboard Paul and Sandie and good to see you came out so to speak :D

Wow thats a major stuff up on Jayco's part, surely the dealer should have picked that up when it arrive, I'd be seeking some sort of compensation and even taking the van at no cost to you so you can still have your hoilday as planned till the right van arrives

jed

May 16, 2013
Jayco should come to the table and give you a van to use for your Christmas holidays, doesn't have to be the one u ordered but something at least . Wow

Reactions: hamish22

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Welcome @S&P shame about the mix up. I'm sure you'll enjoy when it comes. 16.49.3 is a great lay out.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
welcome aboard Paul and Sandie and good to see you came out so to speak :D

Wow thats a major stuff up on Jayco's part, surely the dealer should have picked that up when it arrive, I'd be seeking some sort of compensation and even taking the van at no cost to you so you can still have your hoilday as planned till the right van arrives

G'day Bushman,
Yes it's a major stuff up and it just comes down to human error when the order was transferred from paper to computer. The dealer did offer is the van 'as is' and we could have it until ours is ready, but we decided to leave it with them and just wait for the ours to be ready. We can put our $$$ back in the bank, no big deal, plus we're getting some freebies on the new one :)
Cheers,
S&P

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Hi All,
Just to set the record straight, the Jayco dealer did offer us the use of the van until our new one arrives, but we declined it for our own reasons.
And no, we weren't very calm earlier, but a few frothies later and the pain is beginning to dull.
P&S

Reactions: jed and hamish22

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum @S&P, that sure is one hell of a stuff up but if you are happy with the outcome, that's all that counts. :D At least you can spend more time planning mods and trips.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
The worst part about the stuff up is the fact that we planned to do lots of small trips to get the van sorted prior to a big trip we're planning for the 1st/2nd quarter of 2014, and to use the time inbeween get a few mods like stone guard, lock-box, spare tyre to under rear etc out of the way.
That's the real downside for us, hopefully we can get it done prior to our big trip.
S&P

Last edited:

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
So while I'm at the dealer today discussing the extended A-Frame and relocating the jockey wheel I spy the van we were supposed to take delivery of on the lot - pretty sad :(
On the up side, they were asking a fair bit more than we paid for it (or were going to pay for it).
I also got them to email me the layout for what we've now ordered, just to confirm. Looks good so far! I noticed that the layout drawing is dated at 01/12/2010, out of interest, does anyone know how often they update the designs?

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
The one that got away…
Jayco-16.49-3OB.JPG

Reactions: hamish22