Brads 18.57.5 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Annode replaced. This was mine after about a year and a half.
One comment I have for anyone else doing this. When the water flows out I opened up the water cock at the top of the heater to make the water exit the heater faster. It had the effect of dragging a lot more rubbish out of the tank.
image.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Swapped over the antenna for the Saturn version. I have had this antenna since my last van and was wrapped with it. Took me a while to transfer between vans.
image.jpg

And the bracket... My first time drilling holes in the roof.... No leaks...yet
image.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Another job I have been wanting to do for a while is a fishing rod holder.
Bit of a shame I waited so long. All my rods have been damaged rolling around in the front boot with everything else.
This is the bracket I made up that just bolts between two of the cross members under the van.
image.jpg

Mounting of the pole carrier
image.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I found this hat down at bunnings. The built in LEDs under the brim are excellent!!
Not to mention that it would have to be one of my comfiest caps to wear.
This will be a permanent item for the van.
image.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey @Brad, been busy, nice mods. What length was your rod holder? I think I shouldn't have bought those one piece Bream rods! I might have to do the same thing before going to Barwon Heads next weekend.

Cheers Geoff

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Final mod... Built in lights in the front toolbox. We do a lot of short trips where we leave after work. Which means setting up in the dark. I have mounted these to assist with set up, but I think they may be used for other things also.
Running of a new 12volt line to the toolbox.
image.jpg

Here are the lights folded away.
image.jpg

And lights folded down.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 318

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Nice mods again mate you have been busy:encouragement: I can just see you setting up at 9:00 it will look like the Griswalds at christmas with those lights out front!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Love the mods @Brad it was a good read with pics. Like the lights for dark setups. Not sure where I'd mount a light as I don't have a toolbox.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Finished the slide out pantry this weekend.
Here is the build.

First step was to remove all the shelves except for the bottom one. The bottom shelf was just above the wheel arch.
So I left the shelf in place.
Next was to reinforce....
I used two of the shelves I pulled out and laminated them together.
They made the roof to the slide out pantry. Here is the roof of the pantry in place. I used double the amount of those plastic brackets for extra strength.
image.jpg

Next was to reinforce the base.
I ran aluminum angle down each side and then across the underside of the shelf.
image.jpg

Next was to relocate a power point that was originally inside the pantry.
I put this on the outer wall next the lounge and dining table.
image.jpg

Next was to mount the bottom slide.... I thought I took a pic of this but must have missed it... Sorry...
Next was to mount the top slide.
image.jpg

Frame was then mounted. I had to cut the frame down seeing this pantry is not as high as a pantry in your kitchen.
The top door was mounted onto the slide out frame.
image.jpg

Now the bottom door. The original pantry had two doors. So I had to make this slide out pantry work with the original two doors. I butted this second door hard up against the top door.
I removed the lock mechanism from this second door and just kept the handle on the outside.

image.jpg

And here is the final pantry. Note the extra grab handle I mounted on the front of the door. To open the pantry you still need to open the door as you would any other door in the van. This prevents the pantry from sliding out while traveling. The grab handle was something just to help pulling the pantry out easier.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 288

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Nice work as usual Brad. Can the baskets be locked into place to stop them jumping out on bumpy roads.

If this mod makes it into Sterlings in the next year then we know someone from Jayco is watching this forum!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice work as usual Brad. Can the baskets be locked into place to stop them jumping out on bumpy roads.

If this mod makes it into Sterlings in the next year then we know someone from Jayco is watching this forum!
They can't be locked in but I was surprised how tight fitting everything was. To take a basket out you need to lift one end at a 45 degree angle. If I see movement though I will probably add a saddle bracket to keep them in place.

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
For the last three weekends I have been given the green light to do a few more mods.
Here is the first one.... Will post some pics of the others soon.

Installation of a BEST water filter to a new drinking water tap.
Here is the new tap. This replaces the Jayco standard pump tap....which I am glad has gone as that clear plastic tube Jayco used had discoloured. I removed the entire line for the pump under the van also as part of this.
View attachment 17908

And here is the water filter installation. I had heaps of room under the sink. Everything is new from the brass tee piece up.
View attachment 17909
Hi Brad,
That new tap looks awesome, can I ask where you got it from?
Also is the BEST filter this unit? http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/322-t-b-e-s-t-rv-inline-water-filter-1-2-threaded-ends/
How easy is it to get out and reverse flush it? I guess if you use one of the hose fitting units when filling the tanks the under sink one wouldn't need flushing too much anyway.
S&P

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Brad,
That new tap looks awesome, can I ask where you got it from?
Also is the BEST filter this unit? http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/322-t-b-e-s-t-rv-inline-water-filter-1-2-threaded-ends/
How easy is it to get out and reverse flush it? I guess if you use one of the hose fitting units when filling the tanks the under sink one wouldn't need flushing too much anyway.
S&P
Hi @S&P. Yep that is the filter I got.
The tap came from Bunnings. I think I paid about $50 for it.
You also need to buy an reducing adaptor to go from the BEST water filter screw size down to the white hose size that these drinking taps run on. You can get that from eBay. Just search for John Guest and it will come up with a million fittings. Alternatively you can buy the entire kit from Bunnings including for about $100.

If I had to take mine out to reverse flush, then it is a couple of spanners.