Brads 18.57.5 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I paid $28 including shipping. But it was from a store selling from Bairnsdale from memory.
The $34 ones are the same though. The outer surround can be used or discarded so that you have a circular hole for mounting like what I did.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Brad, hubby was wondering if you have roof mounted solar panels and if so where did you place control box?
Cheers Jenny

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey @Jennymay
Yes they are roof mounted and the control panel is a classic Jayco poorly positioned spot under the seat. So when you open the door and look across to the club lounge, you can see it smack in the midday of that seat panel.
If I had my way, I think I would get it mounted in the same overhead cupboard where the switches are.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Thanks Brad we were thinking the cupboard would be best. Ashame they put our electric how's switch under the bloody seat!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Tell me about it!! And then the hot water service under a different seat and battery switch somewhere else. The only other way I could think you could position all those switches like that is if you jammed all those switches up the trunk of an elephant and got it to sneeze.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Tell me about it!! And then the hot water service under a different seat and battery switch somewhere else. The only other way I could think you could position all those switches like that is if you jammed all those switches up the trunk of an elephant and got it to sneeze.

Yep - Even when you provide a detailed location, dimensions and tech drawing with your order confirmation, the sneezing elephant still misses the location/s.

Have managed to find the Laminex panel that matches, so will move them all - battery, HWS, 12v water pump & battery level indicator panel to where we originally wanted them.

Moxley23

Feb 10, 2013
ACT
Hi @S&P. Yep that is the filter I got.
The tap came from Bunnings. I think I paid about $50 for it.
You also need to buy an reducing adaptor to go from the BEST water filter screw size down to the white hose size that these drinking taps run on. You can get that from eBay. Just search for John Guest and it will come up with a million fittings. Alternatively you can buy the entire kit from Bunnings including for about $100.

If I had to take mine out to reverse flush, then it is a couple of spanners.

Brad, great job. Looks like you have sourced the cold water and the hand water from the same (black) hose, rather than having the hand water come from the clear hose by itself. I assume this still means hand water comes from the on board tanks and the cold water comes from the mains water. Is that right?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Brad, great job. Looks like you have sourced the cold water and the hand water from the same (black) hose, rather than having the hand water come from the clear hose by itself. I assume this still means hand water comes from the on board tanks and the cold water comes from the mains water. Is that right?
Sort of.....
The source of water from the black hose can be set to come from either the tanks or mains. I have done nothing different to what Jayco deliver with this. So it can come from either.

Moxley23

Feb 10, 2013
ACT
Sort of.....
The source of water from the black hose can be set to come from either the tanks or mains. I have done nothing different to what Jayco deliver with this. So it can come from either.

I think I understand, and will understand more when I look underneath...but presumably you don't need to switch or turn any knob to get water from either. It's a wonder why Jayco don't deliver using just one hose, black rather than clear. Btw, my clear hose, 9 mths old, is already coloured with little use. I'll be doing your mod in the next couple of months.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thought I would post a few pics of what I have been up to whilst not posting on the forum.
I had to make a new home for the panda. The intention was to make its own driveway out the front.
This is what I started with.
image.jpg

Excavation starting. The intention was to remove that small hill as I was tearing up the lawn when it rained.
image.jpg

Excavation complete and string lines in place for me to start the retaining wall.
image.jpg

The start of my wall.
image.jpg

First side almost complete.
image.jpg

The start of the front wall.
image.jpg

Front wall and garden bed done. Main tree in place.
image.jpg

Finally, the low connecting wall and step.
image.jpg

The panda now has a home.
image.jpg

This project took me a good six months to do but well worth it.