Brads 18.57.5 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Guess I had better start a new thread for the new expanda.....

Here is our new baby. The door close to the back of the van contains the entertainment pack that Jayco installed.
IMG2052-M.jpg

I had Jayco install the left most door as an extra. This door goes into the cavity below the club lounge where the battery sits. This has been one of the most handy additions to the van as it houses all the hoses and extension chords. When setting up the van, everything I need is now in this single section.
IMG2051-M.jpg

This is the toolbox I added. Gas bottles were relocated in front of the toolbox. I got my father to weld up a plate to sit the gas bottles on. We also had to modify the eyelets that the brake of the cable ran through to give us just the extra space we needed. The extended drawbar was well worth it after completing this mod.
IMG2050-M.jpg

So that meant moving the wheel to the back of the van. I found this cool website that made different wheel covers.
IMG2053-M.jpg

Installation of the rear view camera.
IMG2054-M.jpg

Installation of the multimedia sterio. This does music on iPhone, plays all my movies from a hard drive, runs TV, radio, controls the inside and outside speakers and eventually will drive the outdoor cinema that I am finishing off at the moment.
IMG2055-M.jpg

Installation of one of the inside speakers
IMG2056-M.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
What brand of stereo is that? Is it one of the ebay ones? When you open the cupboard that the stereo is in woundn't the back of the stereo get in the way or is that a dummy cupboard?
Looks good. I have been looking at similar style ebay stereos. Hey Brad also what is the camera hooked upto in your car? I am asking as these are the same things I will be doing to mine.

Geoff

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
It is a no name because I could not find a brand name that could handle a large hard drive with movies. Not that I have got to the movie part yet as I a still setting it up.
The key to this sterio is that it runs on android platform. So very adaptable.
It is installed into a normal overhead cupboard. The frame of the sterio is mounted to the door.
I made a second frame inside the cupboard that aligns to the hole in the cupboard door.
I will take a couple of pics of the inside the cupboard and post them up later today so you can see the frame.
The door does not seem to get in the way. I was concerned about that also but made sure that I mounted the radio close to the bottom of the door where the angle of door to radio was the smallest possible.
I got the unit from aliexpress.com. There were heaps to choose from but for me it had to run android and have a USB on the back to connect to a hard drive.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hey Brad, can you find the link for your stereo if you get a chance. Thannks. I did find some that looked similar around the $500 mark? Does your have GPS or I presume they all have it? Will that screen connect to your TV?

Cheers Geoff

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
That's awesome! Love the stereo idea. I was going to use a media centre laptop but yours has the 'wow' factor!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Here is the link
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...VD-with-GPS-navigation-1080P-wholesalers.html

Just some points to note:
All the outputs are RCA for video. Make sure your TV has these.
If you opt for no Wifi then there is no Bluetooth. I would have liked the Bluetooth because i suspect the iPod would have connected via Bluetooth.
The TV antenna point is the small antenna connector. But I found an adaptor for our normal size antenna on eBay.

Here is the current mess inside the cupboard. I will eventually insert a panel once I am complete to hide wires. But it gives you an idea as to the type of frame I used. The main part of the frame that the player slots into is purpose built and I purchased that at autobarn. It is just a 2 din frame. The rest of the bracket I made up myself.

IMG2061-M.jpg

IMG2060-M.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Oops, forgot to mention that because I have used what should be installed into a car means that that this all runs on 12 volt. No need for mains power for any of this.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Here are some more mods all.

Grab handle on inside of door. The aim of this is to stop using the curtain to close the door.
IMG2075-M.jpg

A couple of tea towel rails.
IMG2074-M.jpg

Towel rail above the mirror in the bathroom. I am still to put a LED strip light behind this rail.
IMG2073-M.jpg

And my latest mod in progress. This is the makings of a shallow cupboard that will attach to the back of the club lounge. The idea is that you can drop iPads, remotes, wallets, loose change etc into here. In the pic I have placed my iPad into one of the slots and my wallet into another. I have also added a small shelf the perfect width of two wine glasses. So while lying in bed watching TV we have a place to sit a couple of glasses of red.
IMG2072-M.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Here are some pic of rig and tug out and about.
image.jpg

Our combination waterproof / privacy bed ends.
image.jpg

This is the exhaust fan panel. But note the mod I put in for an extra switch.
image.jpg

The switch powers the led strip light that goes along the length of the oven and sink area.
image.jpg

Reactions: scott_hutch

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Look's Awesome Brad !
Im watching in envy to be able to make similar mods to mine when it arrives as i have purchased the same Model.
Thanks for the good ideas Mate.
Does yours have the Slide - Out to the Club Lounge ?

Cheers Glenn