18' Series 18 footer OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
H_M, you are making me have expanda envy.

Nice set up, your colours are great.

I would have loved to have gone the full size van, but when you add in the suspension upgrade and bigger tyres it all got to be a little bit tall for me.

Our 17.56 OB is nearly 2.6m tall with the roof down.

Enjoy it mate.

Tall is right!! I never thought I would have to buy a small step ladder for a van, but for this one it has been a godsend.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Jas,

Looks great - sitting there in the "Delivery Ward".

Great choice of model. We really like it when we saw it, but we had to go for a pop-top as the shed is not tall enough and cost to raise it was somewhat horrific!

Where are you planning to make the first trip?

Cheers,

Rohan

Hi Ro,
Weekends are full with kids sport upto Xmas so no get aways there, first trip will be straight after Xmas, 9 days at Broadwater CP at the Gold Coast and then a week at Lakeside CP at Ballina. So a bit of time between handover and first trip to get her setup just how I like it.

Jas

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
just an update on some Mods to the van....... wanted to add some lighting to the front and rear of the van.
The front lighting for those night time hookups and the back Lighting for night time reversing. Also gives extra lighting when Parked up.
first to be done is the front lighting. I asked questions about lighting near the gas with feedback here...
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/mounting-led-light-near-gas-regulator.5398/
so with the comments of members in mind I came up with the below solution that keeps the lighting around 900mm from the gas connections and no closer than the other electrical like breakaway switch, so figure it will be pretty safe. From a lighting perspective the position is a compromise, would have like higher lights but didn't want to mount on the Fibreglass or near the gas regulator.

First is the hookup lighting..... these LEDs have switches on the LEDs themselves so have permanent 12v at the light.
These lights are attached by adhesive and aren't in danger of getting hit because we always run the Stone Stomper. Even if they fell off the Stone Stomper would catch them (they won't fall off)
(cable ties only holding the lights in place while the adhesive sets)

photo12.JPG

photo 7.JPG

photo 9.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Last edited:

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
@Holden_man
Awesome lighting and walking back to your van at night with that blue lighting you won't be able to miss your panda now :thumb:
Have you tried reversing up to the van at night with your new lighting yet?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
@Holden_man
Awesome lighting and walking back to your van at night with that blue lighting you won't be able to miss your panda now :thumb:
Have you tried reversing up to the van at night with your new lighting yet?
Yer @skippy, very happy how it lit up. No haven't backed in yet, will get an opportunity in a couple weeks. If there's to much glare from the front facing light I will try leaving that one off and just use the rear facing one.

Reactions: skippy