18' Series 18 footer OB

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
G'Day Jas, No probs mate work come's first ! Have to pay for the Toys some how :tongue:
The hand over all went well though the only thing i did find was the spare wheel bolt was bent so i had them cut it off before we drove out, they replaced it with the same size bolt which i will cut down or put spacers in myself. I had the wheels balanced the day i picked it up and one wheel needed 165gm's in weight and tyre centre said that it was too much and to take the wheel back, which i shall. Love the Van we are going to put it near our dam on our property and have a sleep in it tomorrow nite, light a fire, cook on the weber, all the usual camping stuff.
Glad to hear you are only a week or so away to mate, I did manage to load up 1 Photo & haven't had time to put any more on, will try on the weekend
Cheers

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
hi Glenn, very keen to see your pics, I tried to find but couldn't, may be just my inexperience with the forum.
The dam camp sounds great, enjoy. How did the landy go pulling her home, didn't get the feeling I should pull into the Toyo dealer....:D

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
The 3.0 Ltr Twin Sequential Turbo's pulled like a dream, haeps of power wouldn't hesitate to overtake if i had to ! The air bags & rear camera make hitching so much easier, dump the bags, reverse under the ball then set to normal height, That Easy !
Before we purchased the Disco we did look at the Toyota's but we needed something to Tow at least 2500kg as my boat gets close to that and the wife didn't want a big car like the Cruiser so the Disco won, 3500kg towing and 7 real seats, even i have plenty of room in the third row.
if you go into new post & only about 1 page back "yesterday or Wed" 18 series 1st pic i think it is, only 1 photo as im still fumbling through with the photo's

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi folks,
Just a quick update, the date for handover has finally arrived, and is booked in for next Friday. There is a caravan show up here this weekend, so they say they are too busy to handover earlier, but that's no big deal, a few more days won't matter.
Apparently all options requested are there which is good news, even the (*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*) gas bayonets, which some members posts say can be a bit hit and miss as far as whether you get 2 or 1 even when you ask for 2. He said with the extra downlights we requested, it has more lights than Sydney Harbour Bridge :thumb:
TARE weight apparently is just over 2t so brings the ATM in just under 2.5t so the Prado will be legal, that's good news.
We are going to inspect Wednesday next week just before delivery, just want to pass an eye over it before handover.
So, not long now, counting the sleeps, should have some pics soon....:whoo:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Nice one Jas.
Sounds like if I look out the window and see a blinding light that I should start to suspect an expanda residing somewhere in QLD.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks for the update. Even I'm excited...can just imagine how you're feeling now it's so close. Do the boys get a "sickie" and join in on the pick-up? I'm sure I'd try it on if I was a young feller!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Yep XF, the boys get a "get out of jail free" card next Friday afternoon, they are pretty excited on both fronts, getting the van and getting out of school. :heh:

There's barely an hour that goes by I am not thinking about handover....

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Great news HM, it would be hard knowing it's ready and still can't pick up....but it's only one more week! Hope your hand over goes well and all is good, looking forward to seeing your pics. Has the rego been done for you? Would be interesting to know your ball weight if you need to get it weighed!

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Make sure the boys know it's an "educational" excursion. Get then taking notes or pics/video so they can help you remember everything when you get home.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Make sure the boys know it's an "educational" excursion. Get then taking notes or pics/video so they can help you remember everything when you get home.

That's a good idea XF, the oldest can do the videoing, the little one would lose concentration and probably video someone else's van, or a tree, maybe a bird....
Videoing will help my fading memory.

...and burnsy, yep I believe the rego should be all done by Brisbane Camperland, but will find out for sure next week. Will let you know the tow ball weight then. Do they specify towball weight on the Data Plate? Or did you only find out because you needed to weigh for NSW rego.

Counting the days now....

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
Hope all goes well H-M, we bought ours from Brisbane camperland and have been happy with their service so far, we still have 5-6 weeks to wait for ours. All rego will be sorted out by the dealer.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
The suspence is killiing me!
I cant wait to see the pics and read all about the handover. Keep us posted HM

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks 04diesel,
Suspected as much as far as the rego is concerned, 5-6 weeks hey, I don't know bout you guys but the wait seems like an eternity. but i guess when you think about it, it's a small price to pay to be able to customize the Panda at time of order.
We have found camperland great as well, so far everything they said they would do they have done, and have been great from an advice point of view considering we are vanning novices, so, so far so good.
Me to relgate....:frusty:
Jas