Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Those reports are wank I thought, as with all vehicles chuck the springs for new one's if you going to tow anything, cheaper in the long run...........Colorado an answer for a HiLux, Ha....$$$$ and Kgs, big mismatch..........I wish I could afford a Defender actually or a big Chevy, you might want to get one of those IVECO 4x4 jobs Dave, room for kids and all the gear, a nice tidy unit as well as scare the crap out of the shopping centre vermin..............

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ok updates as per other thread we brought a new D4 until pickup gone away to Bellarine BIG4 again for the weekend.

Like the big sites we got her in ok ;)
image.jpeg

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Went for a drive down Aireys Inlet today with the kids. Got fish and chips visited lighthouse did not climb as carrying Tom around.
Tom not been the best got croup called the doctor on call last night he came to the van within the hour
Great service after hours

So have not been in the pool, with a chesty coughing kid the 22.68 nice and warm for him. Happy moved from the 17.58 one of the reasons we upgraded. Toilet and warmer for them on cold nights.
Put the table down so he is sleeping on dinette,so twin can sleep. need to fix the table so it sits better. No idea why the table cannot just fit without a seperate piece of wood... Have a couple of ideas I try tomorrow

Half our awning lights gone again was hoping not to have to go for a service again for 6 months ;(

Kids having fun at the playground great park for kids.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 279

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
home now.. backed in first time which was the first time we did first time :) ha ha
just put BBQ on noticed front roof hatch open said to Sarah you open the hatch she said no, did not open it while away :(
Maybe it was not fully locked :( another thing to check.

Last run with the Petrol D3 avg 19's which was good..
Wonder if we get 19's with diesel :)

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Nice quick trip! Magic part of the coast!
I feel for ya , never good seeing ya kids crook. Especially how bad they sound with croup, freaks ya out... Hope he's fit as a Fiddle in no time!

Reactions: davemc and Drover

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Disco home now after some stuff ups finalising the lease.....:director::director::director: Then the bank failed to transfer $..
So Land Rover Discovery 4 TDV6
Extras..
Leather 7 seats
E diff
sat nav/reverse camera
folding mirrors with blind spot.
Fitted Tow Pro Elite and Safety Dave rear view so we can plug in van's camera. Not sure we like the clip on mirror there always. See how it goes.

Took it into Sarah's work to show her sorry only pics we have :)

Drives a lot more refined then the Discovery 3.. Really quiet on the freeway.
IMG_7820.jpgIMG_7826.JPG IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1208.JPG

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Disco home now after some stuff ups finalising the lease.....:director::director::director: Then the bank failed to transfer $..
So Land Rover Discovery 4 TDV6
Extras..
Leather 7 seats
E diff
sat nav/reverse camera
folding mirrors with blind spot.
Fitted Tow Pro Elite and Safety Dave rear view so we can plug in van's camera. Not sure we like the clip on mirror there always.
See how it goes.

Drives a lot more refined then the Discovery 3.. Really quiet on the freeway.
View attachment 40861
View attachment 40857 View attachment 40858 View attachment 40859 View attachment 40860
Looks great. Exciting having a new car in the shed.

Reactions: Drover and davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
looks great @davemc, we also have that camera/mirror, but we remove it when not in use and push the connector up into the roof cavity, then pull it down and connect it up when we hook up the van
thanks mate see how we go .. with the car seats the mirror is larger so actually gives you better view although its like it has sun glasses on :)

Reactions: burnsie

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Looks real nice @davemc .

I'm sure some of the Melbourne based members would be happy to take it for a spin to get the km's on it. :car:
done nearly 200k on the weekend :) might take for a bit of a spin up to Yarra Glen from Eltham then Kinglake test the flappy paddles.
and yes I did say I would not get another Land Rover :) I think at one stage with the 17.58 I said no more Jayco's he he
Give me a few years and see if we where crazy, just a 200 was $15-$20k more with GVM increase and Sarah wanted leather with kids so that was even more. We do not go off road will be some dirt tracks only. The D4 was the only one to fit in the car seats we have for 3-4 years still with the twins.
I am still looking around to upgrade the Mini to something I can take off road without worrying about the car as much. :)

jawk

Apr 7, 2016
Yackandandah
Put in the slide out Pantry eventually was not the easy job I thought it be :( Spent a bit of time working different ways to mount it got some of those window spacers to push it out so went past the door. Was originally thinking to have the door on the slide out then worried it come loose.

Also brought some more velcro and velcro'd the seats down. Of course I find the missing velcro tomorrow..
Put some different screws into the middle rafter and some Skita see if it holds to Tocomwal on the weekend.

Keen to do this too - is it the Camec slide out product?

Was it easy to get the shelves out?

Also, how it is fastened - screws (short stubby scredriver!?)?

Sorry about the resurrected post but keen to do it...

Ta
Gary

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Hi Gary
Not hard to remove pop the covers off the shelf holders and Undo the screws. Getting your hand in there is the problem.
although I spent a bit of time working out how to put in :) Had thoughts to connect door on to the pantry slide out thing. Although then thought all that stops it sliding out is the handle catch.. Thought we take a corner and heavy tins in the pantry they fly out and hit the fridge ;)
Had to use some window spacers and use a socket wrench with screw driver attachment to get in as not much room for your hand.
Although makes space a lot more user friendly.
Let me know if you want some pics etc..
To pull fully out need to push the door to get extra clearance

The pantry I got from etime Rv I assume it's like the camec if not the same

jawk

Apr 7, 2016
Yackandandah
Hi Gary
Not hard to remove pop the covers off the shelf holders and Undo the screws. Getting your hand in there is the problem.
although I spent a bit of time working out how to put in :) Had thoughts to connect door on to the pantry slide out thing. Although then thought all that stops it sliding out is the handle catch.. Thought we take a corner and heavy tins in the pantry they fly out and hit the fridge ;)
Had to use some window spacers and use a socket wrench with screw driver attachment to get in as not much room for your hand.
Although makes space a lot more user friendly.
Let me know if you want some pics etc..
To pull fully out need to push the door to get extra clearance

The pantry I got from etime Rv I assume it's like the camec if not the same

Will have a look and probably grab some pics/tips once I have all the bits.
:)
Thanks

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Seeing my gas lift table leg and tri fold table been veto'd by Sarah :)
Still have the problem where the table is 70cm wide the gap for table to go in to make the dinette into a bed is 68cm.
You can lean the table in one end on a angle like we did last trip although waiting for it to slide in with 4 kids jumping around.

Had to work out something so we can split the twins in the 17.58 they gave us a piece of ply which I also was always worried it just crack with 4 boys :) I do not know how many times I said do not climb middle of dinette bed :)
The table with its folding leg on the 17.58 could not sit on to as it just wobble everywhere as really there was no where to store the table we ended up just leaving it at home each trip :(
The 22.68 table has a screw on leg which gave me a idea.
IMG_1313.JPG
So I got a piece of 9mm ply cut to size at the big green shed
IMG_1312.JPG
Drilled a hole for the screw from table to sit in. Now we have the ply stopping it falling in and the screw in the hole of the ply stopping the table moving.
IMG_1315.JPG
The table is a lot thicker which gives me a bit more peace of mind the kids not going to crash through.
Can also setup the table when needed and store the sheet of ply under a bunk bed.

Now just left to get some foam cut as it did not come with dinette converter the cushions are not flat so will get a cushion and thinking of getting a small mattress or just use the camping mattress to flatten it out.
IMG_1316.JPG
At least the cushion backs come off and can use maybe next trip if I have not been to clark rubber. The 17.58 they where fixed hence we thought our time with kids on the bed be cut short by growth. At least with the 22.68 we have a bit more grow room.