Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Of course, the special Holden oil is around $90, I've actually gone up a grade in my Ute, runs and sounds heaps better in the hotter weather................I wait for the 25% off specials then have a bit of shopping.....DIY engine oil change costs me about $90 and the auto knocks me nearly $200 so hate to think what a shop would charge.......................and if the oil is a reasonable price to buy the filter you need to take out a mortage.................My old SIII Landy was so uncomplicated.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They have supposedly improved the quality of oil but the filters are still basically the same, I know a fella who leaves the oil in for ages but religously changes the filters at 5K and has no drama.................

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
came home today Rain Radar said it was clear :smow: um we do not agree I wonder if there is missing section of the radar where we are as we got soaked at Bendigo and no rain was around on Sunday as well :) Averaged the same fuel on the way back which was good.
IMG_1663.JPG

Some pics of the kids in the play centre I was keeping a eye on them :) Or them me :)

IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_8835.JPG
The big monkey no its not me :)
IMG_1600.JPG
Went to Beechworth bakery. Think we been to almost all of them
IMG_1638.JPG
The reversing camera on the Disco zooms in and out automatically which is kind of cool
IMG_8873.JPG IMG_8876.JPG
tried sneaking up no luck too noisey. they took off kids did not see them.
Not a bad walking track out the back of the park.

IMG_1647.JPG

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Looks like youse had fun!
I woulda had a blast on that playground , how could anyone resist climbing that!!
Rather trustworthy gorilla :eek-53:

The beechworth bakery's are great, we've never been to one in beechworth though. I'll have to change that.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Forgot to mention before we went got a slab of foam cut at clark rubber $87 and we got a king single topper like what @FiveInAVan did thanks for the idea. Twins slept on dinette.. Thought best keep them off the lower bunk and cold.. I think I sold carpet to Sarah now :)
As they spent all day at play centre we did not setup awning of chairs or anything :)
IMG_1595.JPG

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
We go frequently to the healesville one also (never seen the card) throw a rug down next to the creek and scoff out!!
Never thought of the lower bunk being cold but makes plenty of sense.
What kind of carpet are you thinking?
I had toyed with the idea of marine carpet never got any further than that.

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
A few people on here have done Carpet squares and Marine type. Might start a new thread.
You have to be careful with rubber back although all seem rubber backed :)

I rather do one long piece so less joins. Although I asked a grey nomad who had carpet over Jan and he split it to so could be easily removed and cleaned.

Reactions: Pauly

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Replaced all the screws in the cupboards above the bench with ones a little larger and some glue. Amazing how many of the old ones where already about to come out. Hopefully this lasts better.
Put the dual 12v in next to bed last night so I could use CPAP on 12v so did a sleep out over night see how the battery went.
Watched the footy kid free :) 12.6 to start 12.1 when I got up in the morning. So the Battery will be good for over nights.

Now need to do the pipes under next few weeks

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I guess you'll be planning a trip away soon?

Progress! Nice to know designs work out.

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Where off to Alice and back in September via Flinders group meet hence getting things done slowly.
Now thinking do I put a AFK storage pole and if we get a high capacity inverter or not.
We normally stop parks although might do a few nights free camping up and back.

Reactions: Pauly

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
getting some goodies ready for our trip.. things popped up on special so brought them.
UHF brought a handheld GME TX6150.. need to get a better aerial for it seen those magnetic ones. Sarah did not want one install perm in the Disco and like the fact I can take it on any walks we do with 4 kids.
$T2eC16dHJGYFFk6LE,jMBR8IyDZh!!~~60_57.jpg
Mivue 580 dash cam although the suction cup thing dropped twice since yesterday :(
MIVUE-580-Banner-australia.jpg

Tyre plug kit. Still want to get a extra spare although have not seen any tyres with rims since after we got the new Disco. Was one local although it sold the day we brought the car of course :( So might just get a tyre on its own as the stupid size will be a problem if we get a flat 255/55 R19.
might do the same with the van although still not sure how far off the black stuff we will go.
//284631-zoom.jpg

Still working out if I get a pole holder for under the van I have to do some clean up under there of pipes.

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
From the other thread..
We did carpet still need to cut some matts and yes the piece of just shoved in the step it started raining as where in Melb.. Now typing this its sunny :(
img_1699-jpg.jpg
img_1705-jpg.jpg img_9362-jpg.jpg img_9363-jpg.jpg img_9366-jpg.jpg image-jpeg.jpg
image-jpeg.jpg
Love the carpet mate, still trying to talk my other half into it. What did you do with the bathroom though?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Love the carpet mate, still trying to talk my other half into it. What did you do with the bathroom though?
We left the bathroom. I was tempted to do it although with 4 boys it would smell in no time, we are cleaning the floor too much as it is.
We will take a little portable dyson with us in the big trip stop getting sand under our feet. We have a box for shoes that lives outside.