Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
image.jpeg Another quick mod vinyl tile on non slip need to work out how much I cut off.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That power point is very cool............scratches :o, I turned around with drill in hand once and the bit did, 2" trail across a cupboard door, Mrs D was not happy......now in habit of removing bit soon as hole drilled.

Reactions: achjimmy and dagree

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
That power point is very cool............scratches :o, I turned around with drill in hand once and the bit did, 2" trail across a cupboard door, Mrs D was not happy......now in habit of removing bit soon as hole drilled.
actually the centre drill bit of the hole cutter broke drilling through Jayco wood :( and of course then skipped, the other damage was cut out for the hole. I know it was a cheap Aldi set although I assumed it cut through Jayco wood.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Seeing I cant go away I do some mods. Saw this idea on Facebook page.. Pull down power point.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111686888484
Was a bit of a pain to put in only as the hole cutter I had broke and its Good Friday. Could not get another so had to finish with multitool and jigsaw :( so 10 mins job took over a hour.
So a couple of small scratches when it slipped as broke :( :bolt:the boss has seen them so this could be my last post :hail::laser:
View attachment 40019View attachment 40016 View attachment 40017 View attachment 40018
Is that silver bit at the end (in the first photo) used to hold it up?
And
Is it like a power board......does it plug in to a power point somewhere up high?

Also, try medium tan shoe polish or the light tan depending on the colour of your cupboards on the scratch. It works great. Used it in my swan.

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Got the same Aldi stuff, the Jayco wood and paper covering is the problem I've found.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
We need the Colorado7 @Drover and in LTZ form its only 610 payload :( so not good for 270 on ball if I want to fit family.
I think why only a Dad and his son in the ad with the Silverline :)
Weird the Ute for DMAX and Colorado both 3500 and payload around 1 tonne. add 2 extra seats and a shell and you loose 500 of the tow and 400kgs from the load. That back bit must weigh 400kg :(

Otherwise I have a ute now if only 3 kids :)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Very strange, will have to do a comparo on the dual cab but I don't think it varies much from the single...................with 4 kids we just threw a foam mattress in the back of the Landy and let them fight out a position basically, some got a seat others got a mattress, mattress usually meant a winner it seemed. Oh and they shared with a Belgian Shepherd, nowadays shock, horror but was a flash set up way back then, didn't need air bags we were all squeezed in....lol,lol.................seriously though most of todays stuff is better but we weren't paranoid, we had common sense (CDF) mostly but it's been regulated out of the gene pool now, thats why they need signs to tell you not to put your hand in the barbie after youvé lit it.......................damn wandering off topic again..........It's hard to find a decent vehicle that you can fit more than a family of 2.5 kids in which doesn't cost more than your house..............

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Very strange, will have to do a comparo on the dual cab but I don't think it varies much from the single...................with 4 kids we just threw a foam mattress in the back of the Landy and let them fight out a position basically, some got a seat others got a mattress, mattress usually meant a winner it seemed. Oh and they shared with a Belgian Shepherd, nowadays shock, horror but was a flash set up way back then, didn't need air bags we were all squeezed in....lol,lol.................seriously though most of todays stuff is better but we weren't paranoid, we had common sense (CDF) mostly but it's been regulated out of the gene pool now, thats why they need signs to tell you not to put your hand in the barbie after youvé lit it.......................damn wandering off topic again..........It's hard to find a decent vehicle that you can fit more than a family of 2.5 kids in which doesn't cost more than your house..............
I know mate from a family of 4 and we had the good old bench in the front and bench in the back. Sometimes it was four across the bench in the back :)
Old enough to remember no need for seatbelts.

The one thing is I have seen a few D3/4's after big accidents I think the other one came off worse :)

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, I retro fitted an extra belt in the back of the Cruiser, could strap/jam 4 across the back seat then, dog found her own spot.

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Saw that although they made them on the same frame so if they only giving 610kgs payload on the LTZ not sure where they get the extra 100ks :( . No one has a GVM upgrade for the C7 or MUX as yet. Although MUX has another 80kgs in payload.

So looks like the nice springs they put on the rear reduces what you can carry or tow. The Tare is 100kgs more for 7 seater.
Colorado crew cab LTZ Tare 2119 GVM 3150 and tows 3500
Axle load 1450 1850
Colorado7 LTZ tare 2210 GVM 2820 and only tows 3000
Axle load 1450 1600

Reactions: Rockape