Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Congrats on the new Disco bud, looks very nice and very new. They are just the best thing to drive arent they, wait until you tow with it. It will be interesting to hear how much different it is with the 22.68 on the back. The trailer stability assist is awesome.

Well done

Az

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
thanks @AzHaych was going to hold out and get yours :) just got the TDV6 they where doing 2015 plate sales.
We looked at two that sold in less then 24 hours before lease was organised, so they let us have a new one for the same $'s
Thought it still be a 2015 model although its a Feb 16 model. Interesting it was already registered end of Feb they must ship them straight off the production line.
Only missing the roof vents and Xenons, we also wanted the grey although building one vs floor stock a lot more cash.
We missed on a black one with Xenons (also 8,000k on clock) although this one has Blind spot and powered mirrors.

Reactions: AzHaych

kim

Mar 29, 2016
Perth
thanks @AzHaych was going to hold out and get yours :) just got the TDV6 they where doing 2015 plate sales.
We looked at two that sold in less then 24 hours before lease was organised, so they let us have a new one for the same $'s
Thought it still be a 2015 model although its a Feb 16 model. Interesting it was already registered end of Feb they must ship them straight off the production line.
Only missing the roof vents and Xenons, we also wanted the grey although building one vs floor stock a lot more cash.
We missed on a black one with Xenons (also 8,000k on clock) although this one has Blind spot and powered mirrors.

Hi just reading thru. I have a new 20.64 turning up and an SDV6 Disco. How many KM did LR advise you do before towing?

kim

Mar 29, 2016
Perth
Hi @kim 2500 still 400 to go
Of course cannot get away next few weeks now we almost ready ;)
Thanks

I just spoke to the Barbagallo sales rep in Perth, hes adamant with a D4 Diesel, just hitch up and drive away, no run in period required. One of my staff is an ex car mechanic, he also says with modern cars its not necessary. I was also under the belief that with Diesels its less a risk than petrol

Cheers

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Actually says 3000k in manual not towing but running in.

RUNNING-IN This vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still bed-in, relative to each other. This process occurs mainly in the first 3 000 km of operation.
During this running-in period of 3 000 km, observe and follow the instructions below:
• Do not use full throttle during starts and normal driving.
• Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.
• Avoid labouring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.
• Gradually increase engine and road speeds.
• Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.
• Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.
• Preferably take longer trips.
• Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools, or any similar events.

Reactions: Delano and Bluey

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Thanks

I just spoke to the Barbagallo sales rep in Perth, hes adamant with a D4 Diesel, just hitch up and drive away, no run in period required. One of my staff is an ex car mechanic, he also says with modern cars its not necessary. I was also under the belief that with Diesels its less a risk than petrol

Cheers
i got told the same thing for the cruiser. Hook up and go. But I ended up doing 1000km before leaving on a trip.

Reactions: dagree

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So first trip in 3 months between running in new Disco and weekend work been no time ;(

So a few days in Bendigo kept having to check the van was on the D4 diesel did not notice it to much. Avg 16's not bad was up to 22's with the petrol so that gives us a range of around 500k.

Kids off in play centre as they will be next few days.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 226

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
So first trip in 3 months between running in new Disco and weekend work been no time ;(

So a few days in Bendigo kept having to check the van was on the D4 diesel did not notice it to much. Avg 16's not bad was up to 22's with the petrol so that gives us a range of around 500k.

Kids off in play centre as they will be next few days.

Good to hear you got away!

And the fuel figures seem to be very good.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Running in, I always laugh about it...............my version of running in, is burn 2 x tanks of fuel to make sure everything works then go for it have seen too many pussy foot for ages only to have problems......with diesels get it up to temp then go for it and don't shut down soon as you stop, change filters regular and it will last for ages...............................always worked on a $450K vehicle.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They seem to be getting longer with service intervals now, it may be better on paper but my Colorado has a 15K oil change, I do it at 10K, Auto is 150K, I do mine at 30k etc..................my vehicles are still trouble free at 300K so I know it works.......................MB had auto's good for life, but when they started to crap out at 120K they decided an oil change was needed, not good news for those out of warranty with no gears......mine changed at 30K still great at 300K...................................get out there @davemc

Reactions: Delano