Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Spent the best part of Sunday fitting the suspension upgrade on the Prado. Heavy duty 30mm lift kit lifted the front 42mm and the rear 47mm so looking like the old 10 year old originals were sagging a bit :o. Still need to get a pic of the finished product...
Measured the tow hitch height and worked out measurements to sort out what hitch I needed ended up getting an adjustable HR Head Kit.

Lift_Front.jpg Lift_Rear.jpg

Had some spare time this afternoon so took the opportunity to try the Australiawide Annex walls and see how they fitted.... Very happy with the outcome even without pegging them down to tension them. Love the idea of the rollup options to have either solid wall/flyscreen/open on all windows and both doors.

Annexe 001 Resized.jpg Annexe 002 Resized.jpg Annexe 003 Resized.jpg Annexe 004 Resized.jpg Annexe 005 Resized.jpg Annexe 006 Resized.jpg

Attachments

• Lift_Front.jpg
    Lift_Front.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 546
  • Lift_Rear.jpg
    Lift_Rear.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 543

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ooooo very nice.............
my like the annex......... Australiawide - are they the mob that come to you to measure and quote...????
I think I got a card from them at the Camping show

Reactions: dagree

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
@dagree and @bigcol I bought the exact same box last week. Having it modified to mount the 2 lpg bottles on the outside.
This will now fit 2kva honda and webber 200 side by side with room for fuel and annex.
May be ready Friday or Monday at worst. Will post some pics when I get it.
Also picked up spare wheel winch from 'Martins Trailer Parts' in Bayswater if anyone still looking.
I bought a 2nd hand winch from the 4wd wrecker in Midland as when I rang Martins trailer parts they said they didn't have them but that was a year ago

Reactions: dagree

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Way to go @Darren Bundy ... Looking forward to the pics as I think you'll have yours fitted before I do.
Liking the idea of the spare wheel winch (I take it you are putting the spare under the back?) Will be very keen to see the finished product as it would save moving the licence plate and light with the drop down one I was planning!

Here is a couple of pics of mine David
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/ideas-for-16-49-3b.2450/#post-30207
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/relocation-of-the-spare-tyre.2999/#post-38148
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/relocation-of-the-spare-tyre.2999/#post-38041

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
ooooo very nice.............
my like the annex......... Australiawide - are they the mob that come to you to measure and quote...????
I think I got a card from them at the Camping show

Yes @bigcol it is an Australiawide Annex. They had a stand inside at the caravan and camping show and a small display in the Jayco lawn area.

If interested give Terry (Local supplier) a call and he'll come to yours to measure, quote and return to fit.
Just give yourself plenty of time as he likes a bit of a chat!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah I like it also....... HMMMMM decisions decisions!!!!!!!!
I've got a few weeks to go before I'll be doing anything about it so has given me something to think about!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Any pics of the front box fitted up mate? @dagree
Not installed yet :( due to work commitments and currently landscaping the front yard haven't had the time....
With rain forecast for this weekend it might just give me some time to pull the digit out, modify it (air vents, gas bottle mounts fitted etc) and install it... Then onto making the rear spare wheel holder :encouragement:

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
Wasn't going to do any mods until after the shakedown trip next weekend but got a bit bored today so made a start with some ideas "borrowed" from others on here ;)

View attachment 21037
Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind rear bed hard lid..

View attachment 21038

Table, steps and floor mats stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

View attachment 21039

Aluminium angle and tie down straps behind front bed hard lid..

View attachment 21040

Table and stools stored... No more need to transport inside the van :)

View attachment 21041

Made sure at least one of the screws went through aluminium for that extra bit of strength!

View attachment 21042

Tea towel racks fitted..... Used a couple of left over drawer handles that I had sitting in the shed.

View attachment 21043

Wardrobe shelves fitted.... Don't need the hanging space for shorts, t-shirts and singlets ;)

Getting the Australiawide Annex fitted this week (Got it ordered just in time before the Caravan & Camping Show)

No doubt there will be more mods thought of once we get away and use the van.

Have a few future mods planned but will be done over a period of a couple/few months due to work and planned landscaping and paving of the front yard.
1) Ali box on drawer bar for weber Q, gas bottles and anything else we can fit in it.
2) Relocate the spare to the rear bumper.
3) Space allowing.... Wire mesh on existing spare wheel holder (Under the planned ali box if enough room) to strap hoses etc.
4) Use the van in between work, landscaping, mods and brick paving :thumb:

Hopefully the weekend after the shakedown trip is raining :rain:.... Good excuse to put a hold on brick paving and get the new suspension fitted on the Prado!

Love your cupboard mod. Was wondering how you mounted the boards inside the cupboard. cheers

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
Spent the best part of Sunday fitting the suspension upgrade on the Prado. Heavy duty 30mm lift kit lifted the front 42mm and the rear 47mm so looking like the old 10 year old originals were sagging a bit :o. Still need to get a pic of the finished product...
Measured the tow hitch height and worked out measurements to sort out what hitch I needed ended up getting an adjustable HR Head Kit.

View attachment 21364 View attachment 21365

Had some spare time this afternoon so took the opportunity to try the Australiawide Annex walls and see how they fitted.... Very happy with the outcome even without pegging them down to tension them. Love the idea of the rollup options to have either solid wall/flyscreen/open on all windows and both doors.

View attachment 21366 View attachment 21367 View attachment 21368 View attachment 21369 View attachment 21370 View attachment 21371

Just wondering where you got your anti flap kit from. looks great

Reactions: Flossymk1

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Love your cupboard mod. Was wondering how you mounted the boards inside the cupboard. cheers

@seanparky ... Used 4 off L-brackets from Bunnings as in the photo. Two on back wall and two on front frames.
Edges have since been sanded and small screws fitted into the underside of the shelf.

Shelving Bracket.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@seanparky Meant to mention that CAMEC and Jayco here in Perth also sell the antiflap kits so should be able to get them from most, if not all, caravan accessory places.