Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Public Holiday here in WA so we get a 3 day weekend but eventually managed to get an RDO on Friday so I get 4 0ff NOT... even though on call work didn't need me 8-)

Planned on having a break from landscaping and spend the weekend getting the mods done to the van with all the bits and pieces picked up over the past few weeks but the call from SWMBO'd late Thursday started the plans going from good to bad...
Apparently we had a fountain coming up through the pavers out back and hitting the patio roof (Since when does a plumber us reticulation poly hose to relocate a garden tap?????)

Thursday night... Lifted pavers and capped off leak.

Friday... Lifted 15 lineal metres of paving, dug old pipe out, replaced with copper pipe and back filled.

Saturday... Hand compacted and replaced brick pavers. 1:00PM get a call... Sister in Law calls and says she has blown/seized the motor in the Hilux. Borrow car trailer and head to Hyden (Would have preferred to be towing van out that way). Stayed the night at the hotel. Nice cold beers there ;)

Sunday... Head back to Perth, drop the SIL's Hilux off and get home and start getting things ready for the van's mods :)

Monday/Today... Got the aluminium box fitted (Pic will be added later this week @Hubble80 if I get home before the sun goes down) including gas bottle holders and regulator mounted, mounted brackets and ran the copper pipe for the front gas bayonet fitting.

So hoping next weekend goes better... Got to get the rear spare wheel holder, toilet shower curtain and mirror done!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Managed to get home early enough to get the pics of the box and gas bayonet fitted.....

Img_0304_Resized.jpg Img_0305_Resized.jpg Img_0306_Resized.jpg Img_0307_Resized.jpg Img_0303_Resized.jpg

Would have loved to have put them on an extended drawbar but alas this will do :)

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
:clap2:Nice job with the tool box @degree not to wide either so plenty clearance when negotiation tight turns.

I to have received my gas bayonet fitting protectors and that's this weekend job. The gas line look factory as well nice touch Degree

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
:clap2:Nice job with the tool box @degree not to wide either so plenty clearance when negotiation tight turns.

I to have received my gas bayonet fitting protectors and that's this weekend job. The gas line look factory as well nice touch Degree
Thanks @skippy ..

Got the box from a company that supplies pallet racks and shelving in O'Connor but do "BoltBox" ali boxes as a sideline.
Unirack
9 Keegan St, O'Connor
http://www.boltbox.com.au/collections/frontpage

Gas bayonet and pipework were fitted by a "professional" ;)

Reactions: skippy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have you given any though to powder coating the tool box black maybe?
Yes @skippy I did but saw one a couple of weeks ago that was powdercoated and after two months was full of stone chips... But then again close to two weeks of the two months were done on dirt/gravel roads

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Yes @skippy I did but saw one a couple of weeks ago that was powdercoated and after two months was full of stone chips... But then again close to two weeks of the two months were done on dirt/gravel roads

Good point about the stone chips because I was considering doing the same but power coating the box black but after thinking about it your right it would be a waste of time especially once you start travelling down a few dirt roads.

I been looking around at others the last couple of months but nothing I have seen was that appealing compared to yours.
I think I might be leaning to getting the same tool box @degree the main thing is for me is the top opening and not too wide.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I been looking around at others the last couple of months but nothing I have seen was that appealing compared to yours.
I think I might be leaning to getting the same tool box @degree the main thing is for me is the top opening and not too wide.
I looked around for a while and almost got put off by the prices for what they are... Then a guy from work put me onto the mob I got mine from. Went home and took some measurements and it was a no brainer to go back and get one. Took it down the drive after fitting and did a "sharp" turn and front corner of box was about 200mm away from the rear of the car :)

Reactions: macca

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mate was building his own off road trailer and wanted to do the same with his tool box but had the same problem with stone chips, I suggested he do it in black but put that black rubber chekka plate sheeting across the front, only thin stuff and he said it did the job really well and the added bonus of cutting down on stone throwing. Haven't got to see it afterwards though.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Mate was building his own off road trailer and wanted to do the same with his tool box but had the same problem with stone chips, I suggested he do it in black but put that black rubber chekka plate sheeting across the front, only thin stuff and he said it did the job really well and the added bonus of cutting down on stone throwing. Haven't got to see it afterwards though.

Sounds like a good idea @Drover ... If only I thought of that earlier :noidea:

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Wanted one just big enough for the baby q and floor matting so found this one at Bunnings, would love to have gone myself to get it but it's to bloody far away!!! Got a mate getting it up through his business! image.jpg

Reactions: Wanda and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
That looks OK for what you want @Nagga's ... Would have gone similar to that and put the bottles on the outside if I didn't get the bigger one for a good price.