Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Up the road from me, I have used them heaps over the years

Hayway Camping Sales and Hire
2/59 Great Northern Hwy, Middle Swan 9274 7640

they do Canvas repairs as well as heaps of other things, and they sell camping / tenting / accessories.....

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Might have to call in and see what they have there @bigcol. Had the annex fixings fitted today but unfortunately due that four lettered word (work) I wasn't there and couldn't get a quote to make canvas bed ends to match the annex walls..... Just a phone call after I get over the other planned mods ;)

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
How did you attach your LED strip light? Close up photo would be appreciated
Ta, Hank

Couple of pics of the awning LED wiring for @@Marv_marv and others that may be interested.

Img_0260_resized.jpg

Apologies for the pic quality as pics were taken by SWMBO'd with a cheap point and shoot camera between having the fixings fitted and holes drilled for the annex but will give you an idea.

Attachments

• Img_0262_resized.jpg
    Img_0262_resized.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 390

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
More mods happening and about to......
Had the annex fittings, sail tracks and holes drilled this morning. Will hopefully get to putting the walls up one afternoon after work (Failing that will be the weekend).

Also picked up the box for the front :thumb:
Img_0261_resized.jpg Img_0263_resized.jpg Img_0264_resized.jpg

As the van doesn't have an extended drawbar decided to go for a 1500mm long box to allow for tight corners and reversing.
Not sure when the fitting will take place as this weekend is booked doing the Prado's new suspension and then following weekends will be taken up laying 90+ sq mtrs of paving :stupid:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
oooooooeeeerrrrr the box looks good, where from......?

I still want to get the one in my mind built, just havent had the knowledge to put it to paper yet........

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
oooooooeeeerrrrr the box looks good, where from......?

I still want to get the one in my mind built, just havent had the knowledge to put it to paper yet........

Got it from a company that supplies pallet racks and shelving in O'Connor but do "BoltBox" ali boxes as a sideline @bigcol.
Unirack
9 Keegan St, O'Connor
http://www.boltbox.com.au/collections/frontpage

After looking around at quite a few found them to be the best priced for the size I wanted and made from 2.5mm aluminium and not 1.5 or 2.0mm like others.
1500 x 600 x 500 for $479 and going to fit everything in it I need/want to.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not associated with the company... just a happy customer ;)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I too am now looking at that Toolbox (Damn you @dagree )
although, I need to get a mod or two done on it......(access to Gas Bottle when setup etc) thinking thinking thinking

mmmmmmmmmmm

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I too am now looking at that Toolbox (Damn you @dagree )
although, I need to get a mod or two done on it......(access to Gas Bottle when setup etc) thinking thinking thinking

mmmmmmmmmmm
Sorry if I'm costing you $'s @bigcol ;)
Few mods to do to this one aswell. Vents incase of gas leak...... Thinking of a small hatch/door on front for access to turn regulator switch on/off... Mounts for gas bottles and work out what else will fit in it!!!!!

Have the rear drop down wheel holder design in my head..... Just hope the fabrication goes to plan.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
hahahahahaha its not YOU costing me money @dagree - its me......... hahahahaha

yeah, thought of the vents for the Gas Bottle, some sort of door to turn the gas on and off
dividers for once everything is in its place - to stop too much movement
I only have 1 gas bottle - so thats fine, but like your pic, the Weber, water hoses, annex, etc........

Darren Bundy

Jan 27, 2014
Dalby Qld
@dagree and @bigcol I bought the exact same box last week. Having it modified to mount the 2 lpg bottles on the outside.
This will now fit 2kva honda and webber 200 side by side with room for fuel and annex.
May be ready Friday or Monday at worst. Will post some pics when I get it.
Also picked up spare wheel winch from 'Martins Trailer Parts' in Bayswater if anyone still looking.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Way to go @Darren Bundy ... Looking forward to the pics as I think you'll have yours fitted before I do.
Liking the idea of the spare wheel winch (I take it you are putting the spare under the back?) Will be very keen to see the finished product as it would save moving the licence plate and light with the drop down one I was planning!

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
x 2 from me @Darren Bundy pic's buddy of how you do your spare wheel.........
lots of ideas in my head - just not too many of them are practical I'm afraid

even spoke to a mate of mine who builds Coramals, to find out a price on the back bumper + spare wheel carrier on the "Windsor Rapid"
haven't heard back from her yet......

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
That's where I got the idea for the one I was going to make @bigcol ... Was going to see if they (Coromal) sold them separately but after looking at the quality decided I'll try my luck doing it myself!!

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
x 2 from me @Darren Bundy pic's buddy of how you do your spare wheel.........
lots of ideas in my head - just not too many of them are practical I'm afraid

even spoke to a mate of mine who builds Coramals, to find out a price on the back bumper + spare wheel carrier on the "Windsor Rapid"
haven't heard back from her yet......
Gday BigCol. My son welded up my rear bumper and it has a drop down spare plus the removable bike rack. But then he manufactures trailers. some photos are in this thread... http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/bundys-16-49-3-mods-enhancements.4692/#post-68322 Our 16.49.3 isn't an outback, so there is not much clearance for a spare under the van. Have been away twice with it since and dropping the spare is quite simple.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
That's where I got the idea for the one I was going to make @bigcol ... Was going to see if they (Coromal) sold them separately but after looking at the quality decided I'll try my luck doing it myself!!

yeah, I know what your saying @dagree
my mate runs his own business - XLR8 Fabrications, I will have to get him to come have a look and design something.

I have seen another thread on here where ("??") built his own - was very flash, but cannot remember who it was......
I will have a search tomorrow

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @Glen Bundesen you've just confirmed my mental plan for the wheel holder will work. Was planning on doing it almost the same but welding the angle along the back edge and hinging it below the bumper with the actual wheel holder tube going below the bumper and using that as a stop (Make sense??). I like the idea of using the tyre as the stopper!