Canvas Bed Fly's by Holiday Annexes

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Hi mate
Do you mind me asking how much you payed for both bed ends we have 16.49-3 model 2013? Just trying to get some prices.

Cheers Smash

ACTraveller

Apr 23, 2010
ACT
We have model 14.44-3 - only one Expanda end - and we bought the bed end covers over one year ago - they were custom made as we wanted that triangular "gusset" end so we could pull the end out and away from the bed, for air circulation in hot, humid but wet conditions when ventilation is really important - ie we usually have all the inside canvas Jayco windows zipped open but are fully protected by the "fly" bed ends. Cost was approx. over $700 but under $900 as we had very specific requirements - but worth every cent. I can guarantee as soon as we get the van out for a trip the drought breaks and the heavens open. We have never been wet or too hot, or had condensation since getting this and we have been on the road to a lot of places. We were going to sell the Expanda as wet canvas bed ends were a real problem, even with privacy screens - so that small under $1000 investment actually saved us a heap.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Here is an alternative method of attaching the sail track. I sourced this track from a company in Qld, it allows the track to be mounted under the lid using stainless steel self tappers screwed into the aluminium angle, also used white sealer. The rubber seal doesn't push back on as far as before but it doesn't fall off. @hamish22 also did his this way and was happy with result!
Bed Fly 001.jpg Bed Fly 004.jpg Bed Fly 003.jpg Bed Fly 007.jpg

Reactions: macca

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Here is an alternative method of attaching the sail track. I sourced this track from a company in Qld, it allows the track to be mounted under the lid using stainless steel self tappers screwed into the aluminium angle, also used white sealer. The rubber seal doesn't push back on as far as before but it doesn't fall off. @hamish22 also did his this way and was happy with result!
View attachment 21522 View attachment 21524 View attachment 21523 View attachment 21525

OOOHH....
There is that perfect hedge again....

Reactions: 17triton and Burnsy

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
View attachment 21522 View attachment 21524 View attachment 21523 View attachment 21525
Gday Burnsy

I've been thinking of using Velcro as we don't get heavy rain like you do in the East! (In fact it feels like we don't get any rain in the West!!) But this track may be better. What was the name of the company for the sail track?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Gday Burnsy

I've been thinking of using Velcro as we don't get heavy rain like you do in the East! (In fact it feels like we don't get any rain in the West!!) But this track may be better. What was the name of the company for the sail track?
Hi mate, the company is called Fabtex and the track is called a concealed sail track, comes in a 7.5m length that they roll in about a 1m diameter to freight. Hope you get some rain soon!
Cheers

jindiman

Feb 16, 2012
how are they fitted to the front of the van and do you have to take them off to close the lids

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
That's a much better method, I would copyright that. Top Marks!

Reactions: Burnsy