Canvas Bed Fly's by Holiday Annexes

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
We have these too that Crustt made us and love them. They let in so much light and keep you dry. Are a huge bonus to the van.

Really hope the bed ends your talking about and making now are ours Crustt. ;)

Cant wait to see them.
Yep there done, getting the weather proof test right now, it's bucketing down.

@rojoberry and Brad, thanks
IMAG0793a.jpg

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah just sewed the privacy screen into the new one. the black material is Radflex with clear pvc.

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Something like that would be around $900 for both ends, but I'm not interested in shipping them out, I'd rather do less better.
I only do jobs at my shed so I know it is spot on when it leaves, so you would have to drop it off for a couple weeks in Apollo Bay (need to allow a bit of time in case the surf is good;))

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Received our clear window covers from Crustt today. Great job :congratulatory: Thank you. Now all we need is our Expanda from Jayco! Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue :crazy:

Reactions: crustt

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Well my verdict I should of brought from holiday annexes it cost me $500 in material and $500 to get made sew the top and bottom 2 zippers not bad for $500 wage any how expensive lesson learnt trying to cut corners doesn't work

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Received our clear window covers from Crustt today. Great job :congratulatory: Thank you. Now all we need is our Expanda from Jayco! Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue
:hail:Oh virtuous one. Patience is wonderful, it's just the waiting that's the problem.

Reactions: Wanda

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
@Grover, There is a little more to it than just sewing 2 zippers in, If it was that easy you would have bought a cheap sewing machine off of ebay and done the job yourself . You could have saved a bit of money by not buying the materials yourself and by letting the person doing the job purchase the right amount at a wholesale price and then guaranty workmanship and materials.
If you came into my workshop with your own materials, I would not do it, A. because I cannot guaranty the material, but if something goes wrong I'm supposed to fix it. B. Chances are because you are saving money you have under ordered, but it will be my fault if I ask you to buy more of the material as I have know idea where it comes from.C. Your probably not going to be happy with me charging you a reasonable hourly rate.
Sorry mate, just had to say this as you have been belittling my trade in which I did a 4 year apprenticeship, what do you do for a living? I expect you feel you deserve a decent hourly wage for your skill.
I'm lucky, I do canvas/upholstery work because I like it. I have a higher paying job to pay the bills, cleaning motel rooms.:)

Reactions: Holiday annexes

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Sorry mate, just had to say this as you have been belittling my trade in which I did a 4 year apprenticeship, what do you do for a living? I expect you feel you deserve a decent hourly wage for your skill.
Really???
All I saw was a person who started their thoughts with the word "can" as opposed to "can't".
A rare gift in my mind.

Reactions: CJ1177

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
Hi Brad, yeah I think I got it pretty right. In the other thread on wet bed ends he talks as though it's that easy he's doing it all himself, which of course he could if he did enough research and it would be possible to just as good if not better than me, but he didn't and made out that the guy doing it was getting easy money "$500 to get made sew the top and bottom 2 zippers not bad for $500 wage", just trying to point out that there is more to it, even I sometimes am amazed at how much needs to be done on a simple looking job.

ACTraveller

Apr 23, 2010
ACT
If Holiday Annexes is not around we got ours from ADP in Melbourne - 600 denier polyester - light and uses the press studs that are already there for the privacy screens. We have been camping in torrential downpours, searing heat and blowing a gale - and we have stayed dry, well ventilated and wind protected - it is worth every cent we paid.

Attachments

• Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy screen - June 2013.jpg
    Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy screen - June 2013.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 291
  • Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end gussett closed web file - June 2013.jpg
    Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end gussett closed web file - June 2013.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy screen rear - web file - June 2013.jpg
    Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy screen rear - web file - June 2013.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy window and rear open web file - June 2013.jpg
    Junee - Expanda Waterproof bed end privacy window and rear open web file - June 2013.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: crustt