Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Led lights behind curtains
image.jpg

Reactions: crackacoldie

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
@Grano n play did you just use the strip LEDS or was it a fixed length? Show us your other mods. Spice rack looks good too. What's the black strips coming out of the sink?
Cheers Deano

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I used a roll of 5metre and then another 2metre of another roll and joined them and ran them to 12v socket next to tv . With remote makes them easy to use. Sink -took out the glass splash back and replaced with abit of Perspex. And cutting board on stove is corian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zammm

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
Hey Brad ... bought a set at Bayswater Jayco on Friday - $19 which was good value - still need to work out if they'll fit in our 12 footer! Will need to encourage Baz to find a way.....

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Hey Grano n play,

There was a used WnP here in Darwin recently at the Jayco Dealer. Thought that you might be interested to see someone's mod's for more internal storage, plus an offset done to table leg. The panelling isn't an exact match for the Jayco stuff, but it took a good look to see the differences. This was a 3/11 production so was out of warranty and the only real factory addition I could see was the Simplicity suspension. They still had it on the market for $56k. It's gone now so someone probably paid well over new price. We didn't order through here as Dealer wanted an extra $4k for delivery up here. I was surprised that it had been ordered with 2 small gas bottles and there's been some changes done to the hitch setup.

Phil
(6 weeks till we set off to collect ours)

WnP_4.jpg
WnP_5.jpg
WnP_6.jpg
WnP_7.jpg
WnP_9.jpg

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Thanks for that phil, got me thinking now might have to look into that, just finished my undercarriage box for sullage and water hoses today.

Last edited:

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
Off to weigh bridge tomorrow, van plates say it weighs 1400kg, sounds to light considering brochure says 1900kg tool queried dealership they said thats what it says must be right. ( why would they care). So going to find out for my self. Mainly for insurance reasons. Hope plates are right..... Storage completed today.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bmhdg76

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Love that under van storage!!!
excellent for the light stuff like you have done and I might pinch that idea if I don't end up doing the front storage box.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Great idea, fantastic storage. How close to the rear is the door (hatch?), do you have to lay on the ground to get stuff out of or put back in the box?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
That is a great mod. I saw someone else that was doing a similar mod but out of checker plate.
if I could make a box up that housed two chairs then I would do it.

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
[] It's probably only a foot away from the back , so not too much bending. Just a couple more mods I forgot about , tv cover sewed by my wife , mattress cover also sewed and led strips in pantry, brought 15 metres of the stuff finally starting to get through it, I think only 5 m left.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat

Grano n play

Apr 18, 2013
Perth W.A
image.jpg
I went to weighbridge last week and as I thought over 2 tonne. Rang dealer and they will organise with jayco to rectify weights and send us new plate. After 3 weeks of mods and organising finally got a free weekend to take van on its maiden voyage to our farm, went smoothly , 2 degrees last night in Perth and frost this morning, and no wet bed ends, which was a bonus, a/c heater worked well, no condensation,(two of my pet hates when we had an eagle).View attachment 15404