What is everyone doing on the school Holidays

Frosty

Jul 19, 2013
Redlands, S.E.Q.
Had one of the scariest rides of my life a few years ago in Chongqing... Govt driver in the front, me in the back, pouring cats & dogs, everything from donkey carts to the most heavily overloaded trucks you've ever seen & every lane of the highway in both directions was fair game to my driver - capt. Kirk wouldn't have caught us at warp speed that day!
Bit different ther now though - was there late last year & I thought we had too many speed cameras - they seemed to be everywhere...

Reactions: Xpandafan

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
You must have been plain naughty as a kid expanadfan
Yep, me Mum used to say it would come back to bite me.
Probably would've got sunstroke or something if I'd got the gigs like Mauritius or Tahiti anyway. :pride: Did get a nice hotel rooms few times, but also missed a few school holidays with the family and you don't get that time back.

Reactions: DRW

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Ok, no overseas trips for us (expanda doesn't float) we're off to Toowoon Bay holiday park down on the central coast. They called me to say there was a stuff up with our booking and we can't be near our friends as the site is too small :(
They have moved us to the only site available on the other side of the park, the only consolation is it's a brand new site with freshly laid turf......it will be like backing onto a red carpet! :)

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Ok, no overseas trips for us (expanda doesn't float) we're off to Toowoon Bay holiday park down on the central coast. They called me to say there was a stuff up with our booking and we can't be near our friends as the site is too small :(
They have moved us to the only site available on the other side of the park, the only consolation is it's a brand new site with freshly laid turf......it will be like backing onto a red carpet! :)

Hey @Burnsy that looks like a top spot, (I had to google it), haven't been down that way for over 30 years, I hope the weather is kind.
Dave

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey @Burnsy that looks like a top spot, (I had to google it), haven't been down that way for over 30 years, I hope the weather is kind.
Dave
Thanks mate, the reason it's a new site is because they just got rid of a permanent van. I just found out it's between 2 bloody permanents.....not happy jan!!

Reactions: DRW

Frosty

Jul 19, 2013
Redlands, S.E.Q.
Checked in at Happy Wanderer Hervey Bay for the week. Nice spot down the back of the park... Burnsy, sorry that your site isn't quite up to scratch this time.

Cheers,
Frosty.
image.jpg

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
While at Nagambie Leisure Park ran into my first forum member @JASA it was great to meet James, Lisa and the kids and can only hope the rest of the members on here are as friendly as they are.

Thanks Matt,

It was great to meet you and you family as well. I enjoyed looking at and talking about your mods. I love looking at what other people have done. Hopefully one day I'll get a few done too, rather than talk about what I'm "gonna" do :) (as wife rolls eyes in the back ground).

Enjoy the rest of your stay up there. It's a good park if anyone else is looking for a place to stay in Nagambie.

Reactions: 17triton

SP4RKI

Jan 13, 2013
Arcadia, NSW
We're off to Barrington Tops to a "private property" campground. Looking forward to having a campfire with the kids and cooking damper, roasting marshmallows..... Maybe a few quiet drinks once the rug rats are in bed!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I just got back from Pambula Beach CP there must have been a minimum of 12 Expandas there. One was a member I wonder if any others were?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I know now why there weren't many sites left when we booked......there's not many sites here, it's permanents city and you are almost certain to be between them with hardly any available in pairs. Someone has already complained about my mates dog barking when left alone.....(happened once) poor old girl is sick and on her last legs! It's shame the management didn't respond as quick to my phone call on arrival when we couldn't plug into power because it was locked.....still waiting for reply, lucky a permanent had a key!
If I had of known about the set up here I wouldn't of come and I won't be back, needless to say I don't recommend but we will make the most of it! :)

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Fossicking for us around Bingara and Inverell .Free camped along the Gwydir River. Learned how
to pan for gold at three creeks gold mine.
Then off to 7 oaks Inverell to find some sapphires.

DSCF3641.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3683.JPG
    DSCF3683.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 197
Reactions: cruza driver