What is everyone doing on the school Holidays

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Anyone got any good free camp spots between Mackay and Brisbane, have a couple of spare days on the way down and back.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
What was looking like a couple of quiet weeks in the office over the holidays has changed to a state, possibly half country tour.

Monday of the holiday off to Coober Pedy, Tuesday to Roxby Downs, Wednesday to home, Thursday to Iron Knob and Port Augusta, Friday home and then McLaren Vale for the long weekend.

The second week of the holidays, in 4 days will be Perth, Darwin, Groote Eylandt and potentially the Tanami.

Pity it isn't holidays with he family.

Homebrewpig

Feb 27, 2013
2 nights at Two fold bay, 8 nights at Broulee beach in Batemans Bay and 4 nights a Pambula on the way home!

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
YES! Im making two trips to China, one to Thailand and one to Germany before the end of the year.
But I must admit, I fly business.;)

I've been here in Shanghai for 2 weeks going home tomorrow, will be back here in October and December, just sent my work mate to Germany in my place, trying desperately to get out of going to the states in November also, then off to Thailand in February (holiday). We used to fly business (oh the memories) but now there are two of us and we fly premium economy with Cathay, its pretty good. We should talk, I know some great places for dinner in Shanghai and its so good to speak to an Aussie after a few weeks here.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
@DRW I'll be in Shanghai in mid Nov, so we might just miss each other. I tend to spend most of my time in either Nanjing or Chongqing, but have the occasion trip to Shanghai.
Definitely interested in good palces to eat in Shanghai, and watch the footy. Found the Camel bar last ime I was there. big screen TV and all NRL and AFL games.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I'll be in Shanghai in mid Nov, so we might just miss each other. I tend to spend most of my time in either Nanjing or Chongqing, but have the occasion trip to Shanghai.
Definitely interested in good palces to eat in Shanghai, and watch the footy. Found the Camel bar last ime I was there. big screen TV and all NRL and AFL games.
Lucky lad. I usually only got sent to the places noted for: threat of civil unrest, military governments, malaria, dodgy or very spicy food, alcohol free, non-english speaking officials, extremes of climate, poor air safety record, iffy hotels, etc.
In other words anywhere my boss didn't fancy visiting himself .:becky: Best part was always the flight home. Don't miss it.Expanda now takes me where I want to go.

DRW

May 29, 2013
@DRW I'll be in Shanghai in mid Nov, so we might just miss each other. I tend to spend most of my time in either Nanjing or Chongqing, but have the occasion trip to Shanghai.

hahaahah watched the Swans belt Carlton there saturday night

DRW

May 29, 2013
Lucky lad. I usually only got sent to the places noted for: threat of civil unrest, military governments, malaria, dodgy or very spicy food, alcohol free, non-english speaking officials, extremes of climate, poor air safety record, iffy hotels, etc.
In other words anywhere my boss didn't fancy visiting himself .:becky: Best part was always the flight home. Don't miss it.Expanda now takes me where I want to go.

You must have been plain naughty as a kid expanadfan

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Doesn't sound like things have improved to much.
Civil unrest, check.
Military governments, check.
Malaria, check.
Dodgy/spicy food, check
Alcohol free, check>:(
Non English speaking officials, check
Extremes of climate, maybe not quite.
Poor air safety record, check.
Iffy hotels. .... Not this little black duck. If you send me to a don't be rude hole, you had better make sure the hotel is ok.

Reactions: Xpandafan

DRW

May 29, 2013
Doesn't sound like things have improved to much.
Civil unrest, check.
Military governments, check.
Malaria, check.
Dodgy/spicy food, check
Alcohol free, check>:(
Non English speaking officials, check
Extremes of climate, maybe not quite.
Poor air safety record, check.
Iffy hotels. .... Not this little black duck. If you send me to a don't be rude hole, you had better make sure the hotel is ok.

Chongqing???? hahahaha