What are you using to tow 22.68-1

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Also just a side note. The clearview mirrors don't work properly on the Colorado as Holden have changed the wiring. The mirrors move up and down but not side to side. Clearview are aware of the issue and are in the process of fixing it. When I take it back to have the canopy fitted in a week and half they will rectify the issue. I must say they are an awesome mirror. They are well and truly worth the investment.

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
For peace of mind I'd probably still the WDH. as the way it is now your van is empty is it not? and no load in ute,

Oh BTW nice set up, very smart, 8-)
Hey Bushman.
The van is basically packed except for water which is around 270kg. We only fill the tanks when we go free camping which is most of the time except for lately as where we go on the Murray River is closed. Going to Halls Gap on Wednesday and staying at a caravan park (last option / resort) so the tanks will be empty. However in saying that I tend to agree with you. I was thinking that a WDH would be of some benefit so I should just bite the bullet and buy one as better safe than sorry. I am thinking of the Anderson WDH. I will go and check them out on Monday and most likely buy get one.

Thanks
Phil

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
You also need to measure the difference at the front wheels. By not knowing that number, you are only dealing with part of the information.

My advice would be to spend 10-15 minutes on a weigh bridge. Get the laden AND unladen numbers for each axle individually, as well as combined. Do it once, do it right. It's a small inconvenience for knowing what your actual baseline is.

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Hey @4wdphil,

Loving the new set up mate well done, it looks awesome.

Regarding the WDH, you cant put a price on piece of mind, especially when you add up what you have spent on the new van and truck.

Enjoy the new rig mate.
Hey Warren. Thanks for that and your help. I have to say the Colorado has exceeded all my expectations. The wife loves it too (she initially did not like them). I will be getting the windows tinted and then the canopy will be go. I will post some pic once that is completed. Then I want to fit a bull bar once they make one for it. Just for your info if Holden made their bull bar winch compatible I would have bought one. The one with the single low line centre hoop as it is a nice looking bar but I need one which can fit a winch.
I agree about your point of view regarding the WDH so I am off to buy an Anderson WDH on Monday. $900 is not a lot of money to keep things straight and for peace of mind.

Phil

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Ok a bit of an update.
The Colorado is brilliant.
We towed the van All 3 ton from Geelong to Halls Gap and back and we averaged 18L/100km. Considering the car only had 250km on the clock before we left I am happy with the fuel consumption. On the freeway I managed to get down to 15L/100km. We were driving into the wind all the way there and it is rather hilly.
Going to work (Werribee) I get about 7L/100km and coming home into the wind I am getting about 8.5L/100km.
I don't know what others are getting but this is much better than the cruiser.
I also bought a Anderson WDH and it is the best thing since sliced bread. Levelled the car out nicely and didn't make a single sound and it is so dam easy to connect / disconnect. So much easier than my father in laws HR WDH and faster. I highly recommend them.
Ok now for the mods to the Colorado.
So far I have fitted an ARB Ascent canopy with the remote locking and I have tinted the windows. I have also fitted some RM Williams seat covers to all the seats as the kids (3yr and 5yr) some how always seem to spill food etc when we go on trips.
On the list is also a bull bar - just have to find some one who makes them for this current model and I am also going to add a catch can and also get the ecu remapped and get the egr turned off at the same time. After the remap I should be getting around 600nm of torque and decrease my fuel consumption by 10%. Just waiting on funds to do these extra mods.
Once the bar is fitted I will refit my driving lights and UHF radio.
So that is the story so far

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
On the list is also a bull bar - just have to find some one who makes them for this current model and I am also going to add a catch can and also get the ecu remapped and get the egr turned off at the same time. After the remap I should be getting around 600nm of torque and decrease my fuel consumption by 10%.

Nice work mate. They certainly are good tow rigs and I'm jealous of the updates on the new model. HPD do a great catch can which I installed on my RG. Works a treat. I've looked into ECU remapping but was informed that there wasn't one available on my model (MY15) due to a change in ECU chips between the MY14. I've no idea if your model is different, but please keep us in the loop if you find a service provider.

Reactions: davemc and bigcol

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Nice work mate. They certainly are good tow rigs and I'm jealous of the updates on the new model. HPD do a great catch can which I installed on my RG. Works a treat. I've looked into ECU remapping but was informed that there wasn't one available on my model (MY15) due to a change in ECU chips between the MY14. I've no idea if your model is different, but please keep us in the loop if you find a service provider.
Hi Smergen. The guys at Geelong performance centre at 4 Tarkin Ct, Bell Park will be remapping my Colorado. They are very good and they can remap any vehicle as they remap the ecu whilst on the dyno. They had a new ranger in there the other day when I visited them. They have also done a lot of Colorados (MY14, MY15 AND MY16). They remap on an individual vehicle basis to get the best out each car, they don't do a universal flash for a particular model like other companies do. Any way food for thought.

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
I believe the ARB bar is not far off being released, and have seen Opposite Lock Bar. didn't like that too much though,
Hi Bushman
The new ARB bar will be out in a few weeks. I have seen the new bar and it looks pretty good. It is a summit style bar and it can accommodate all the front sensor etc. It will be around $3000 fitted I believe. I should check out O/L bars.

Reactions: Bushman and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
It will be around $3000 fitted I believe.

Jeeeez Louise

I remember the first 4 bars I ever made for my early cruisers were probably about $40 worth of steel, a bit of oxy for bending and 2 days of cutting & welding

whats wrong with the old cow catcher type of bull bar anyway.........................:behindsofa:

Reactions: dagree

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hi Smergen. The guys at Geelong performance centre at 4 Tarkin Ct, Bell Park will be remapping my Colorado. They are very good and they can remap any vehicle as they remap the ecu whilst on the dyno. They had a new ranger in there the other day when I visited them. They have also done a lot of Colorados (MY14, MY15 AND MY16). They remap on an individual vehicle basis to get the best out each car, they don't do a universal flash for a particular model like other companies do. Any way food for thought.

Thanks for the reference mate. Let me know how you get on mate as I would be very interested in getting it done. And Geelong is a nice easy drive as well across the badlands.... :)

Reactions: bigcol and 17triton