The parking lot.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Saw a picture of an Expanda in the front yard in another thread and thought it might be interesting to see (pictures) of where folks park their vans. To start here is mine waiting for the shed to go up around it...

2012-08-31 07.09.07.jpg

Reactions: The Wadamses

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Wow, you are spoilt brookes......my shed is about that big...Oh no wait, that was in my dreams!! I'll post up a pic when we get her home, I back ours up on ramps so it sits level.

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
What's going on mate? Trying to set a precedent? Most Expanda owners get the van first and then wonder where they're going to put it-thats how its done.
My house is about the size of your shed, mind you my Expanda sometimes feels like the size of my house.

Reactions: blacky

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
brookes - nice to see the priorities are right. :biggrin1:

Just need to make sure the doors are big enough so you can get it out when they have finished

I have slowly inched our Panda back into it's holding pen this afternoon. Just needed to make sure the air conditioner and rafters did not end in a deadly embrace!

Made it in with 75mm to spare.

Still undecided whether to put a cover over the van, put 90% shade cloth on the open side of the shed, or just put Colourbond steel sides on and eventually some form of door/s. :noidea:

IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0726.JPG

Cheers,

Ro

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Nice shed guys, so jealous , I have been trying to do ours for ages now. I am close to getting the slab poured, can't wait it will be 10m x 6.9m and just house the van and boat nothing else.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
brookes - nice to see the priorities are right. :biggrin1:

Just need to make sure the doors are big enough so you can get it out when they have finished

I have slowly inched our Panda back into it's holding pen this afternoon. Just needed to make sure the air conditioner and rafters did not end in a deadly embrace!

Made it in with 75mm to spare.

Still undecided whether to put a cover over the van, put 90% shade cloth on the open side of the shed, or just put Colourbond steel sides on and eventually some form of door/s. :noidea:

View attachment 9104 View attachment 9105

Cheers,

Ro

Thanks to all but I'll believe it when I have it ... been 3 years in the making given all the wrangling with the council.

I vote for the cover, I got a cover when I bought mine and probably won't need to use it but you'll have birds and they'll love those rafters. In my other shed :whistle: the swallows are real quick at throwing up a nest and pooping on everything. I also get mudwasps so this shed will get a good going over several times. The new shed will, at it highest point have roof height of 3.6 metres and a door to match so I should be OK same with width.

Oh I forgot that shed will be 10.5 x 10.5 with a little bit of extra concrete along 1 side and out the front and with the van, tractor and workshop I think I need to start considering extensions....

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Mine lives in this..
IMG_0285.jpg

It fits through the middle door with the roof up (just!!) and if need be I can open both ends up too.
Shed is 10.5m wide x 9m deep.

I have my boat in the left door and currently the right door I use as a workshop type arrangement.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Mine lives in this..

It fits through the middle door with the roof up (just!!) and if need be I can open both ends up too.
Shed is 10.5m wide x 9m deep.

I have my boat in the left door and currently the right door I use as a workshop type arrangement.

Nice shed but I really like the driveway. Did that cost more then the shed?

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
My work in progress at the moment is to extend the old Swan nest to a 17.56.1 Panda den...

more pics to follow

then test if i have the nerve to back in the 2470 wide van (incl awning of course) into a just about 2700 clear opening.. :fear:

Attachments

• IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 325
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 308

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
ready for the new base

IMG_4119.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG

after a week of in-decision, finally decided to go with a road gravel base and get a professional to do it....would love to try and do myself but time and patience is something i am seriously lacking in my life at the moment !

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
and here is what I assume is the other end of the spectrum

I went to great lengths measuring the width of my drive, calculating the hight, including the gradient it would come up the drive on etc.... a beautiful fit.....

not too sure if this has worked or not...

[ATthe squeeze.JPGTACH=CONFIG]9181[/ATTACH]