The parking lot.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Cul-de-sac consensus (ie. us blokes in the street with the 3pm beers in the hand kicking the tyres and the general yeah nah's that go on !!) is a winch setup...I'm thinking it could be worth a look into. I am concerned about getting the thing out so will know in a few weeks when our shake down trip is planned

paulie - Nice work on extending the van's parking area.

We have seen folks at caravan parks move their vans into place with a detachable tow ball & hitch mounted at the base of their bull bars. They manage to have finer control of where the van is going and they can see everything! Advantage of this would be you could use this method to accurately stow your van and also in caravan parks with tight parking areas.

Just a thought!

Rohan

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
brookes - great thing about a tractor is the ability to hook up the van to a tow ball on the 3pt linkage and move it in and out of the shed as needed without the need to put the heavy tow hitch on the car every time. My little Massey moves it about so easily - just back, lift, move and drop, all without having to fiddle with the the jockey wheel - sweet! :smile:

Yeah I'm all over that, I had a 3pl towbar fabricated to do just that with my trailer for when I get firewood. And no riding the clutch. Brilliant. Best part is my tractor is a Lamborghini ;)

Percy

Jul 20, 2012
Chatswood NSW
I've been reading this post with interest, you blokes with sheds have got it so easy!

We live on a busy, narrow, always parked out suburban street, our drive has a short slope and passes through a gate and a bay window with approx 70mm clearance either side of the 16.49.1 Panda! I've tried and tried to back the van in myself without success and just ended up with a burnt out clutch and a wife who wouldn't talk to me again!

My solution? I ensured my daughter married a truck driver who just backs the van in on a sixpence, albeit very slowly but without any dramas except for holding up the traffic in the street for a few minutes (boy, do some d***heads get stroppy at times!).

Everybody happy, just means we have to book up the son-in-law in advance when we arrive home after trips.

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
I've been reading this post with interest, you blokes with sheds have got it so easy!

We live on a busy, narrow, always parked out suburban street, our drive has a short slope and passes through a gate and a bay window with approx 70mm clearance either side of the 16.49.1 Panda! I've tried and tried to back the van in myself without success and just ended up with a burnt out clutch and a wife who wouldn't talk to me again!

My solution? I ensured my daughter married a truck driver who just backs the van in on a sixpence, albeit very slowly but without any dramas except for holding up the traffic in the street for a few minutes (boy, do some d***heads get stroppy at times!).

Everybody happy, just means we have to book up the son-in-law in advance when we arrive home after trips.

Love it Percy...if he fancies a trip west every now and then I'll send my details !!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Ahh, the patience and friendliness of Sydney, something I miss...not!

My sympathies. Percy. I used to live in Turramurra and then Gordon where I had similar problems backing my old Viscount into a narrow driveway from a narrow busy street. Like AJC, I don't miss it one little bit. :nono:

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Bit of an update on the parking lot:

2012-08-31 07.09.07.jpg2012-09-20 06.30.20.jpg2012-09-20 06.30.36.jpg2012-09-20 06.30.52.jpg

Reactions: MBC004

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Looking good...
Once all the sheets go on and you stand inside it empty, you'll think this is way too big for my needs, but then it's all filled up so quickly and you'll wish it was bigger.....lol

I know I do..........and mine isn't exactly small either...

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Thought it best to throw some pictures up of the Expanda getting a sizing. Sans roof but it's coming. Builders off on holidays so another couple of weeks, unfortunately. Someone mentioned a shed is never big enough and I definitely agree with that but I'm already way over budget. :sad:

2012-09-22 14.40.42.jpg2012-09-22 14.40.31.jpg2012-09-22 14.40.14.jpg