The parking lot.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Mine lives in this..
IMG_0285.jpg

It fits through the middle door with the roof up (just!!) and if need be I can open both ends up too.
Shed is 10.5m wide x 9m deep.

I have my boat in the left door and currently the right door I use as a workshop type arrangement.

I want your shed... WOW, i am stuck on the parking bay out the front at the minute have a Trigg hitch lock, steel cabe through wheel and suspension with HD padlock and thinking about a loop and plate dyna bolted down with 100/12mm then a high tensile chain around the axel.
Its very hard to find reasonale prices storage in the outer East of Melb.
Cheers

May 2, 2012
Outer East of Melbourne
This is becoming quite the Shed Off.

This is where my van will be living some of the time once I get it. Not quite finished yet but well on the way. It is on a mates property and we have been building the shed slowly for the last 11 months. 24 x 13 x 4.5. Pity it is 2 hours drive from my home.

He has some pretty good toys too.

Shed.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I can't look at this thread anymore, its going to make me cry:violin:

Some seriously huge sheds/garages out there. I can barley fit a mini in mine................

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
well, we got it in...wether it comes out is another story...

very stressful Sunday arvo with part 2 (the exit) will be just as entertaining !

ps - only good thing is if someones want to steal it, they won't be getting the fixed awning - reckon that'll get wiped out if they are in a rush !!

Attachments

• IMG_4129.JPG
    IMG_4129.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4137.JPG
    IMG_4137.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 284

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Nice work. Have you thought about using a cheap electric boat winch? I used to do it with my excavator trailer. Just back it up roughly in the right spot. Hool up the winch (which is bolted to something BIG and steer her in by hand at the jockey wheel under winch power. I was going to use this set up for my van but my backing skills are a little better these days. Still dont look forward to getting it into my drive after a long trip though!

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Hi mac yak, the van has a 'mover' on it. That said, I backed it in the first time as I had visions of the van freestyling down the drive ( which has about a 20% gradient until I get it to the house line and wasnt as confident as I should be). Then on the he first ( and only ) trip I managed to lose the remote for the mover ( I was intending to spend some time practising moving it etc), so it got backed in a second time. I have used the mover up and down the drive and it works a treat, it's only the gradient (which the photo doesn't show) that I am worried about. New remote turned up in the mail last week, am heading out to Parkes in a couple of weeks and will practise some more, then when I get back I intend to use the mover to get it up the hill into its squeeze. The other thing is when it's on a flat surface I can manhandle it into position too. I'm going to video moving it into its squeeze either next time or the one after, you'll either be able to watch it here on n funniest home vids.......:Cry:

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Nice work. Have you thought about using a cheap electric boat winch? I used to do it with my excavator trailer. Just back it up roughly in the right spot. Hool up the winch (which is bolted to something BIG and steer her in by hand at the jockey wheel under winch power.!

Cul-de-sac consensus (ie. us blokes in the street with the 3pm beers in the hand kicking the tyres and the general yeah nah's that go on !!) is a winch setup...I'm thinking it could be worth a look into. I am concerned about getting the thing out so will know in a few weeks when our shake down trip is planned

Still dont look forward to getting it into my drive after a long trip though!

I hear ya on the not looking forward to the added stress when getting home - always adds to excitement of travels !! We tend to spend a week getting things cleaned and washed and packed back up for a 3 day long weekend !! - mind you those 3 days are pure heaven tho' (not cleaning, washing, packing up !! :))

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Cul-de-sac consensus (ie. us blokes in the street with the 3pm beers in the hand kicking the tyres and the general yeah nah's that go on !!) is a winch setup...I'm thinking it could be worth a look into. I am concerned about getting the thing out so will know in a few weeks when our shake down trip is planned

I hear ya on the not looking forward to the added stress when getting home - always adds to excitement of travels !! We tend to spend a week getting things cleaned and washed and packed back up for a 3 day long weekend !! - mind you those 3 days are pure heaven tho' (not cleaning, washing, packing up !! :))

Good on you Paulie.
Lets us know how you get on with the winch.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Oh I forgot that shed will be 10.5 x 10.5 with a little bit of extra concrete along 1 side and out the front and with the van, tractor and workshop I think I need to start considering extensions....

brookes - great thing about a tractor is the ability to hook up the van to a tow ball on the 3pt linkage and move it in and out of the shed as needed without the need to put the heavy tow hitch on the car every time. My little Massey moves it about so easily - just back, lift, move and drop, all without having to fiddle with the the jockey wheel - sweet! :smile: