The Buckley's 17.56.2 OB delivery in September 2014

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hi Buckleys, just thought I'd give you an update on my weight problem (caravan weight that is ). My 1756 2 outback tare came in at 2162... Atm 2637. About 100 kg heavier than the dealer said it would be as an absolute max. 336kg is no where near enough for payload so capping the payload at 2500kg is not really an option...dealers say anything to get a sale!! Now I'm forced to get a new car or give up the van....apparently the new jayco suspension weighs about 120kg more than brochure states... Nice to know now. Decision decisions... Don't want to make things difficult but thought you should know.

That sucks! Surely there is some kind of reprecussion to be had if the advertised weights are far below the actuals. It's not like they are talking about having 2 light fittings instead of 3. It has huge safety, logistic and financial reprocussions... as you've found out. Kudos to you @Petecaz for sticking to the rules and being sensible. I suspect a lot of people might just go "meh, it'll tow it" and put everyone else on the road at risk.

It's something for us to consider if we ever get the oppurtunity to upgrade our van. Having said that, I'm hoping for a Basestation so that'd require a truck upgrade regardless...

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Buckleys, just thought I'd give you an update on my weight problem (caravan weight that is ). My 1756 2 outback tare came in at 2162... Atm 2637. About 100 kg heavier than the dealer said it would be as an absolute max. 336kg is no where near enough for payload so capping the payload at 2500kg is not really an option...dealers say anything to get a sale!! Now I'm forced to get a new car or give up the van....apparently the new jayco suspension weighs about 120kg more than brochure states... Nice to know now. Decision decisions... Don't want to make things difficult but thought you should know.
Thanks,
Will have to bring it up with the dealer!!!

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Could u please tell me what extras you have on your van?

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
i went looking as i am in the same boat @Buckleys

After 3 long months of waiting we finally got the call to tell us our van is ready to be picked up on Aug 11! Now another 3 long weeks of waiting.
Thanks to everyone on this forum we feel that this will be the van perfect for us. Thanks everyone.
Extras are:
Outdoor shower
2 120 watt solar panels
2 100 amp batteries
Wind up antenna
New Storm covers for ends
Full Annex
Picnic table
Battery level and water gauges
Extra tv points
Extra power points
Starter kit
Heavy duty torshem bars
Extended A frame

Almost there...

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
hey @Petecaz, that really just shows what some salesman will do to get the sale, mine said if it came over the 25ookg he cant let me drive it home, he then advised what extas/options that i should stay away from, i should be right though i have kept the van pretty standard!

Good excuse to upgrade the rig though!

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Could u please tell me what extras you have on your van?
Hi again,
Extras I got on the van are another battery, another solar panel, extended draw bar, outside shower and the side picnic table.
According to dealer:
Battery is 30kg
Solar panel is 9kg
Outside shower is 8kg incl pipes
Extended draw bar is 15kg
Picnic table is 8kg

I thought I had done my homework but obviously not.
I am going to get a 3 tonne paj tow bar installed on car in line with next model and regency park rego dept tell me they have an engineer who can replace rating plates up to 3 tonne with 250 ball weight on ns pajero. Cost: 1400 including tow bar install.

Reactions: bigcol

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Remember to take your time with the delivery, look at printing off some check lists big one is run the water in the sink hard and then check the draws below it .....and we might see you up around Murphys Creek or the Jondaryn Woolsheds in 2015.....you guys aren't related to Hilton are you....

It also looks like there might be a couple of future walk up starters for Queensland Boys Weekend trips....in a few years......LOL

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/july-2014-dads-lads-weekend-camp-lakefire.5309/

Last edited:
Reactions: rcf and Buckleys

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Also ask them to go through the sequence for lighting the hot water system a couple of times, try it yourself and then take a foolscap folder or similar and write down some of the procedures, this is our second jayco from the same dealer I didn't write anything down and now wish I did.

Reactions: rcf and Buckleys

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Remember to take your time with the delivery, look at printing off some check lists big one is run the water in the sink hard and then check the draws below it .....and we might see you up around Murphys Creek or the Jondaryn Woolsheds in 2015.....you guys aren't related to Hilton are you....

It also looks like there might be a couple of future walk up starters for Queensland Boys Weekend trips....in a few years......LOL

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/july-2014-dads-lads-weekend-camp-lakefire.5309/
Thanks @The Goodwins ! No not related to Hilton... yes might catch up with you! Let us know when you are around here!

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Ok, pick up had to change to this Thursday now!!! Cannot wait! The annex couldn't be fitted till Thursday morning.

Hoffy

Jun 10, 2014
Gold Coast, Queensland
Wow, how exciting reading this post!!! We don't get ours until the end of November which I'm sure will come around quick.
Have a great time on your maiden voyage and keep us updated with all the great stuff of your first trip!!
Also let us know any little tips about what to look out for when we pick up ours.

Happy camping guys!!