The Buckley's 17.56.2 OB delivery in September 2014

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Hi everyone!! Just thought I would introduce ourselves. We are a young family with 3 children (5, 3 & 1) Live in sunny Queensland.

This is our first caravan!! We have had a camper trailer in the past and have gone back to the trusty Oz Tents until the caravan arrives in September!! We are very excited to be"upgrading" from the tents!!

We are towing with a 2010 Toyota Prado Diesel Auto or 2013 Toyota Hilux SR Diesel Manual.

We ordered our 17.56.2 OB from the Brisbane Show in July with the following extras:

Show Special:
12V Antenna
Fusion Stereo
21.5 Tv/DVD

Added Extras:
120W solar panel
Extra battery
Extra water tank
Extended drawbar
Drifter control panel
External shower with another external light above
Canvas privacy screens
Full annex (having problem with this....)
Annex matting

Looking forward to many tips and "secret" locations to go caravanning!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
:welcome: to the world of Expandas @Buckleys from another 17.56.2OB and Prado owner :thumb:
Like your list of options and looking forward to the pics and reports come September!

Reactions: Buckleys

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Welcome.
The wait sucks, but will be over before you know it!
Enjoy going through all the posts. Heaps of ideas here to use/borrow.
Any questions are always welcome.

BJ.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
G'day and welcome folks. Hopefully the wait will not drive you all too crazy. Like you, I am always looking for a "secret" spot to park the van or swag. Nothing better!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome @Buckleys great van by the sounds of it! Hope you are able to get the annexe issue sorted by pickup time. So are you getting a third tank? Just a tip you may need to keep an eye on the weight of the van with your extras you might be over the legal weight of the Prado. I don`t mean to be a party pooper but I thought I would give you a heads up.
Cheers.

Buckleys

Jul 25, 2014
Welcome @Buckleys great van by the sounds of it! Hope you are able to get the annexe issue sorted by pickup time. So are you getting a third tank? Just a tip you may need to keep an eye on the weight of the van with your extras you might be over the legal weight of the Prado. I don`t mean to be a party pooper but I thought I would give you a heads up.
Cheers.
With regards to the 3rd tank... my bad... we did order one at time of order but Jayco came back and said that we could only have 2 as the 3rd wouldn't fit under!! So we don't have to worry about that!

Reactions: 17triton

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Another Prado/17.52 combo, well done. Ours arrives round the same time :)

I got excited when I saw you had the 3rd tank fitted. I've ordered the 3rd tank too however there is mixed opinions that it will be fitted at factory. I'm sure I've read here that someone has a 17.5612 with a 3rd tank.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome @Buckleys, good to see more Queenslanders (where?) joining the forum. You will get lots of info on places to visit from members but beware, they will find many ways to help you spend your money. :behindsofa:

Reactions: dagree

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Hi Buckleys, congrats on new van. Take note of tritons comment re weight of your new van and your cars capacity. We have also ordered the 2014 OB 1756 2 and are due to pick it up on Aug 11. Just got a phone call today to tell me it weighs over our pajeros 2500 kg capacity. We are mucking around with replating the max load to 2500kg at the moment to make it legal but means Ill have to pack lighter ie no tool box on the front.... Looking at keeping the old plates and getting a new car once I can afford it.

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
Great van, we are getting the same in late august, congratulations:) I'm two thinking about what to do about the annexe situation. My hubby and I were thinking about maybe getting on that's all screened. Any ideas anyone?

@Petecaz we got a Pareto too a 2005 model, hoping we will be able to tow our van.

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Adelaide Annex will sell you an annex. Look them up on The internet. Our jayco dealer put us on to them. Jayco have made a blanket rule regarding the selling of annexes to cover themselves, but according to the gas regulator any van can have an annex, it just needs to be known that when using the fridge on gas the annex needs warnings and cannot be used. If using the fridge on 12 v or 240 v it is fine. We ordered one through our dealer originally but then got told by our dealer we can't have it through jayco but can buy from their dealer direct which we have done.

Reactions: carpanda

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Our paj is 2008. If your van has the new j tech suspension it will be much heavier than the brochure says. Make sure you bring this up with your dealer so they can deal with the issue should it arise. I thing it us a great family van... Can wait to pick ours up.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If your van has the new j tech suspension it will be much heavier than the brochure says.

That is one reason we bought the van we have. It was built on a 2013 chassis (with the old style leaf spring suspension) but 2014 body, colours and options.
Wasn't keen on being the first to try the new independent suspension and don't plan on needing it for real hardcore off road use.... It allowed us to stay under the 2500kg limit of the Prado without affecting the payload limit or getting the weight downgraded!!!!

But in saying the above and now I think of it..... That could have been a good excuse to the "Boss" so I could look for another V8 Cruiser :beaten: :boxing-25::black_eyed:

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
That is one reason we bought the van we have. It was built on a 2013 chassis (with the old style leaf spring suspension) but 2014 body, colours and options.
Wasn't keen on being the first to try the new independent suspension and don't plan on needing it for real hardcore off road use.... It allowed us to stay under the 2500kg limit of the Prado without affecting the payload limit or getting the weight downgraded!!!!

But in saying the above and now I think of it..... That could have been a good excuse to the "Boss" so I could look for another V8 Cruiser :beaten: :boxing-25::black_eyed:
I'm working on the " boss" for one now...

Petecaz

Jun 26, 2014
Hi Buckleys, just thought I'd give you an update on my weight problem (caravan weight that is ). My 1756 2 outback tare came in at 2162... Atm 2637. About 100 kg heavier than the dealer said it would be as an absolute max. 336kg is no where near enough for payload so capping the payload at 2500kg is not really an option...dealers say anything to get a sale!! Now I'm forced to get a new car or give up the van....apparently the new jayco suspension weighs about 120kg more than brochure states... Nice to know now. Decision decisions... Don't want to make things difficult but thought you should know.

Reactions: bigcol and Buckleys

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Hi Buckleys, just thought I'd give you an update on my weight problem (caravan weight that is ). My 1756 2 outback tare came in at 2162... Atm 2637. About 100 kg heavier than the dealer said it would be as an absolute max. 336kg is no where near enough for payload so capping the payload at 2500kg is not really an option...dealers say anything to get a sale!! Now I'm forced to get a new car or give up the van....apparently the new jayco suspension weighs about 120kg more than brochure states... Nice to know now. Decision decisions... Don't want to make things difficult but thought you should know.
Not good @Petecaz but good of you to share, it is becoming a big problem with all the 2500kg tow limited vehicles. Very tough decision to make, good luck.