Site Update

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Fixed!

Location is now showing.

When you say you could see who had posted what did you mean by that?

Like the "other vans " thread you can see its a post by Bushman about his shak but the side by side boxes above just say "latest 5.24" no info on the thread or who posted.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Sorry if I upset you Expanda. But if you could see my screen you would know what I mean. It's an absolute nightmare. I had a look here to see if I could change my preferences to change the look. But no go.
Just trying to work out where the forums are on the main page. it's all so "same" and there is just no contrast. I can live with the media bar at the top, but the light blue on a white background just doesn't work. And there are no boarders. Where does one bit end and the next begin.
Sorry again if I offend. This forum has been such a big help to me just being able to read the posts without commenting. But this change is no good for me at all. That's what I am seeing here. can you see what I mean?
upload_2015-3-5_21-10-36.png

upload_2015-3-5_21-10-36.png

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
@expanda - I am getting used to the new look - on first impression I wasn't too keen, but now am happy. I can appreciate how much time etc you put into running this forum and, of course, the efforts of all the staff members. Keep up the good work - it is appreciated. Congratulations also to all the forum members who are a great bunch of people - ready to help out others. We are a diverse group - big age range and also differing backgrounds/ trades/professions etc - yet good will permeates the forum. Everyone, give your selves a pat on the back!
Cheers
Bill

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Sorry if I upset you Expanda. But if you could see my screen you would know what I mean. It's an absolute nightmare. I had a look here to see if I could change my preferences to change the look. But no go.
Just trying to work out where the forums are on the main page. it's all so "same" and there is just no contrast. I can live with the media bar at the top, but the light blue on a white background just doesn't work. And there are no boarders. Where does one bit end and the next begin.
Sorry again if I offend. This forum has been such a big help to me just being able to read the posts without commenting. But this change is no good for me at all. That's what I am seeing here. can you see what I mean?View attachment 30455
View attachment 30455

Lets try and address this one by one, I have changed the home page to -

1) Added back in the the some colour background around the forum segments as was in the old skin

2) I have reverted it from being "tiles" and "side by side" to standard look

Does that help on the home page?

upload_2015-3-5_22-16-55.png

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I'm liking it :)
Have been using the New Posts tab but do prefer to view new posts by topic (Jayco Forums). The current format seems to make it easier..... Just my thoughts!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Liking the change as in the one I made 5 minutes ago to the home page or the way it was with tiles / side by side when we launched the skin?

As in the current format done 5 minutes ago.

Further to this is it the blue / white?

We can always change skin colour to the same as before orange / black / Brown

I'm happy with the blue and white.... Not so much contrast with the chequerplate wallpaper :)

Reactions: Macca666

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Hey @expanda just a thought mate. I am sure that you and the mod team spent countless hours debating, designing and continuing to improve the Site. Maybe it is time to go with what you think/know is best.
I understand the need/desire to seek feedback from members for sure. But sometimes a captain's pick is warranted.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If you guys are going to add great looking campings site pics to the Media Albums ... it should be a rule that the locations and descriptions should be attached to them .... Im talking particularly about @skippy here. Im sure, unchecked, others will add to the insult ... but @skippy added the infuriating label "secret spot" to one fantastic looking camp ... not cool man, I want to go there. Fess up, where is it

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Be careful pulling out the Captains Pick @expanda ... didn't pan out to well for Mr Abbott. You never know what treachery your "faithful, fully supportive team" is planning back there in the knife sharpening room ....
There will definitely be no leadership spill on the forum. The moderators know the work @expanda puts in and have no desire to replace him. :hail: