Site Update

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Looks good, but I cant seem to find the menus for the different sub headings, is it just me and getting use to the new layout? Please help so I can start looking at everyones good work :)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@andrew nelson ... Click on the "Forums" Tab on the top tool bar, scroll down and you'll see the different forum topics (Jayco Forums.... General Forums etc)

Sub headings are under there so if you click on the "sub heading" it brings up the list of topics.

Clear as mud????

Reactions: skippy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Maybe an easier way to explain.......
1. Click on "Forums" Tab
2. Scroll down and find "Jayco Forum" section
3. Click on "My Jayco" link
4. That will bring up the list of posts of everyone's threads (Go to page 2 and look for "Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB" ;)

Reactions: bigcol

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
New site looks great. Well done mod team. I am sure that a lot of work has been put into the changes. Hats off to all. Very professional looking.

Reactions: cruza driver

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks great, well done team....just need to get the hang of it. I must be getting old....not keen on change! ;)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks refreshing and new great job. Only thing I preferred in the old one was the layout of the threads and you could see who had posted, not as keen on the side by side boxes.

Reactions: Marv_mart

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

First post on new site and @Crusty181 is grovelling again................................

@expanda can we have member location displayed, helps with some post's.

Fixed!

I have it in mine, but is not showing on posts.
I have to click on the user name to show it.

BJ.

Location is now showing.

Looks refreshing and new great job. Only thing I preferred in the old one was the layout of the threads and you could see who had posted, not as keen on the side by side boxes.

When you say you could see who had posted what did you mean by that?

Reactions: Bmhdg76 and Drover

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Sorry Expanda, but I dont like the look at all. Not enough contrast on this new look at all. The old look was clear and the sub forums could be found easily. I am using my PC with Windows 7 and FireFox. Please do give us back the old look. Some well defined boarders would be a good start.
Sometimes new is not necessarily good.
As to the media thingy with all the photo's? We dont need them cluttering up our screens. There is another forum i use to frequent that had that feature. i dont go there any more.
That's my 2 cents worth.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Nice work, you guys have done a great job. Its very sleek, and modern looking.

(@relgate. First week has been a big one for you; smashing @Drover and rebuilding the entire forum. Wow man, probably time to take a break) .... before you reply ... I withdraw, sorry
I promised my constituents that if voted in i would make big changes... lol

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
@expanda any chance of uploading the old albums of the original web site as well if still possible?

To make scanning though web pages easier I would add the bar that contains the info below as well at the bottom of the web pages.
I don't know about others but after reading a post all the way to the bottom of the page and then having to scroll all the way up to the top to press the New Post every time it would make it easier if it's mirrored at the bottom of the web pages as well maybe.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
@expanda any chance of uploading the old albums of the original web site as well if still possible?

To make scanning though web pages easier I would add the bar that contains the info below as well at the bottom of the web pages.
I don't know about others but after reading a post all the way to the bottom of the page and then having to scroll all the way up to the top to press the New Post every time it would make it easier if it's mirrored at the bottom of the web pages as well maybe.
The bottom right of the screen has a little green box pop up when you reach the bottom, click on the arrow and watch the magic as it takes you back to the top :) (sorry you know what they say small things.....):D

Reactions: skippy and relgate