Sink blocking

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
Yes again
we have just been away for a cpl of weeks and this trip we noticed it more than any other time
first time there was pasta blocking it so we made sure all dishes were rinsed outside.
didnt seem to help pulling the sullage hose of did help a little.
ours is going back for some waranty work so ill mention the bend behind the sink
cheers jim/tab and diamond

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
My mates 98 model swan OB goes straight down through the floor, no elbows and no problems, maybe it's a case of if it works leave it alone! This was a bit of a joke at Easter and told him not to upgrade :D

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Hey all,
I had a blockage on a recent trip and found that one of the elbows still had some plastic membrane in the middle. So right in the middle of the elbow it only had about a 10mm hole going thru. Carved the plastic out with a steak knife and now doesn't block half as often. I've also tried the hand plunge before and seems to clear it up more often than not.
Roh

Cam Horder

May 6, 2013
Yes again
we have just been away for a cpl of weeks and this trip we noticed it more than any other time
first time there was pasta blocking it so we made sure all dishes were rinsed outside.
didnt seem to help pulling the sullage hose of did help a little.
ours is going back for some waranty work so ill mention the bend behind the sink
cheers jim/tab and diamond

They only way to fix this is fit a 50mm plug and waste and re-plumb the drain. You will need to make a centre bit for a hole saw to drill out the existing hole to a larger size. We have done a few and we are based in Airport West if that helps. Eclipse Automotive

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Ours drains slowly too. Took the drawer out and noticed that there is a substantial kink in the hose at the back of the 1st drawer. The van is going back again for some warranty work so I'm going to ask if they can fit a 45 degree bend pvc fitting.

On a side note I have undetaken a "mod" to allow me to store sullage & water hoses and small floor mats under the rear of the van. If I get enough time I will take some snaps and upload 'em!

cheers
Sinko
I noticed ours has a big kink in the hose behind the top drawer where jayco put a saddle over the hose and screwed it so it`s out of the road. I will see what they can do when i have it in next but i think i might be pulling the plumbers cap on.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Perhaps a sink drain mesh is in order. Not sure if they are availabel, but it could be too had to knock one up. I've often wondered why the sink just has the hole. Perfect size for a cheery tomato to block nicely!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Soaring mate i hear you, i had to get the water tank filler i knocked from Stone Stomper then connect the compressor the blow out a grape.

Good thing the boys are still young and though can under the van and disconnect the piping to unblock drainage. LOL. Pace.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Soaring mate i hear you, i had to get the water tank filler i knocked from Stone Stomper then connect the compressor the blow out a grape.

Good thing the boys are still young and though can under the van and disconnect the piping to unblock drainage. LOL. Pace.
Your boys sure come in handy, Pace. Any more jobs and you'll need to start a super fund for them!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Yeah we had a bread clip block ours up, stuck in a section that had a step in the pipe caused by another fitting glued in. Changed to 40mm and all good but I've always wondered why vans have such a small drain in sink.....useless, even the plug could get stuck!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yeah we had a bread clip block ours up, stuck in a section that had a step in the pipe caused by another fitting glued in. Changed to 40mm and all good but I've always wondered why vans have such a small drain in sink.....useless, even the plug could get stuck!
I put a chain on the end of the plug for exactly that reason.

Reactions: Burnsy