www.bifolds.co
eden caravan park mid jan. 21.63.1

eden.jpg
distance shot.jpg

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Hi Bigcol
I loved the 76, fantastic for towing, but being the workmate model was real basic. Lack of sound proofing made it pretty noisy inside. However, they are a work truck. We did a few 5/6 hr trips and it was OK. I always wanted one and needed to get it out of my system. It was a 2010 model and I had it just under 2 years it was time for a change. Oh! the other small thing being a manual the better half couldn't drive it. The Ranger is a totally different beast, opposite end of spectrum for refinement, wife prefers it over her Patrol. Being the 3.2 Auto will tow 3500kg. Happy with it so far.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Hi Bigcol
I loved the 76, fantastic for towing, but being the workmate model was real basic. Lack of sound proofing made it pretty noisy inside. However, they are a work truck. We did a few 5/6 hr trips and it was OK.
Oh! the other small thing being a manual the better half couldn't drive it.

well isn't that a bugga :(- I was seriously thinking of those, as there seemed to be less plastic than the Playdohs............:(

back to the drawing board for new tow tug...........

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the biggest kicker in searching, is I need to have a lot of room for the back seat passenger,
my Daughter is Disabled, and she is not a little 27year old........
thats why we currently keeping the 100 series (she can fit easy) and the Patrol (heaps of room for her)
but will need to update atleast one of them in the next 3 years..........

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Oh and I got a great deal on the Ranger
I also recently purchased a XLT Ranger. It came with the Ford tow bar and goose neck. I can't use it to tow my Jayco Outback or boat trailer. I finished up buying a Hayman Reese that doesn't have the Ford flanges. Did you get a Ford bar? How did it work with your van? Also any issues with the car connecting to the van's led indicator lamps?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I also recently purchased a XLT Ranger. It came with the Ford tow bar and goose neck. I can't use it to tow my Jayco Outback or boat trailer. I finished up buying a Hayman Reese that doesn't have the Ford flanges. Did you get a Ford bar? How did it work with your van? Also any issues with the car connecting to the van's led indicator lamps?
The led issue is easily fixed with an adaptor from ford.

Reactions: bigcol