Show us your Rig

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Hi Brotys, how does the Terri tow the new van? I also have a near new Diesel AWD. Currently towing a Discovery, about to pick up a new StarCraft 16.51 Outback. Heavier at 1800 Tare, and more windage. The current van is so easy I hardly know its there. Not sure how the new one will behave.
Howdy terri tows very good more then happy with it would recommend one to any one wanting a great tow car with comfort

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Tebbs are one off the best brands going around had 4 off them and cant complain and great to deal with

foreveryoung

Jul 28, 2013
Bega nsw
Our new combo, like most others, started with the tent, then the soft floor camper moved onto a hawk and last month made the final move to the expanda, and love it, it's turning out to be a bit of an obsession, plan is to head off to do the big lap in 3 years, looking at other members trip photos, it can't come soon enough.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 380

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well done Shannon and welcome to the forum. It's everyone's dream to do the big lap but hopefully you will have many shorter trips before then. Tell us a bit about yourself and locality and remember, we all like pictures. Any mods planned as yet?

foreveryoung

Jul 28, 2013
Bega nsw
There definitely will be many smaller trips, we almost lived in our hawk, so the expanda won't be any different, we are located on the beautiful south coast of nsw so very spoilt for choice every weekend, no mods planned yet other than basics

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
20130914_175130.jpg

All Packed and ready for 12 days on Fraser Island. September school holidays 2013.
20130927_072408-1-1.jpg

2009 Toyota Prado with everything we need.
2 inch lift with rear air bags.
Arb bar with lightforce genesis spot lights. Arb Under body protection.
Dual batteries. Arb air compressor
MT 4 rib tyres. Outback rear draws. Rhino roof rack with light bar and side awning. Under bonnet shower system. In dash VMS Sat Nav. Steinbauer diesel module. 2 3/4 inch exhaust. Uhf. Boost and exhaust Guages. Rear work lights.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
View attachment 17369
All Packed and ready for 12 days on Fraser Island. September school holidays 2013.
View attachment 17370
2009 Toyota Prado with everything we need.
2 inch lift with rear air bags.
Arb bar with lightforce genesis spot lights. Arb Under body protection.
Dual batteries. Arb air compressor
MT 4 rib tyres. Outback rear draws. Rhino roof rack with light bar and side awning. Under bonnet shower system. In dash VMS Sat Nav. Steinbauer diesel module. 2 3/4 inch exhaust. Uhf. Boost and exhaust Guages. Rear work lights.

@Adam79 let me know how you went on fraser, i've only taken camper trailers over haven't been game to take the Expanda.............yet

Reactions: Patons

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
@DRW and @twscoot. We left on the 15 september and headed for Inskip. I have been going to Fraser for around 25 years. I have taken our old Eagle and my boat to fraser before, but this was the first time with the new expanda and something this big and heavy. Once we arrived I walked the beach access to find the best line to attack the cutting as the sand was extremely soft and all chopped up. Deflating the tyres to 18 psi on the van and car. Second gear low range and lots of right boot we made it onto the barge. We picked dead low tide to travel the beach. Doing this made it easy as to drive. Dont get me wrong I still knew the van was there, hard not to when its over 2 ton. Due to all the bad weather this year the access to beach camping zones is limited as the dunes just drop off to the beach couple metres high. Best to find a spot with the entrance and exit running parallel to the beach. We found a nice grassy spot 1 km north of the Maheno wreck. Weather was perfect. Few windy days but never noticed it in the expanda. Fishing was reasonable nothing spectacular few good whiting and a couple of tailor. 12 days later and significantly lighter we made it back on half tide no worries. I did notice on our way back down the beach a camp where I encountered 4 Jayco's, 2 Base stations and 2 17footers. So we weren't alone. The beach was in good condition for towing such a big van so we had no trouble at all. Dont be worried give it a go. Camping this year was so much more enjoyable in the 17.

Reactions: Patons