Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just looking at these pics makes me want to go on a holiday. jayco.jpg

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hey Brad, no not at all, the upgrade was easy. On paperwork it said $225 and they replaced 5 lights + Annexe light. The bed end lights with the wire is still globes.
The LEDs are so much brighter and as you know use less amps.
Will include photos soon.
Cheers Deano

Holy smokes!!! $225, is that what they charged you for LED lights? I just bought a complete set to replace the lights in our expanda when it arrives with a bunch of spares for $45. I wonder how they are different from the ones I got...

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
ZS, Yeah on paper it said that but, they ended up dropping their original price for the van. It all ended up good in the end.

KATO

Jan 29, 2012
Wollongong N.S.W.
One of our first trips away in our new 16.49.3 was in Feb this year (2012) with the kids to see how things would go free camping.
Went to Coolandenl which is about 40Km west of Nowra on the Shoalhaven river, Great spot for just laying around in the river and the wild life, The kids love it and will head back
Only issue was on the way out there was a tree down and across the road,

Cooladenl 01.jpgCooladenl 02.jpgCooladenl 03.jpg

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
One of our first trips away in our new 16.49.3 was in Feb this year (2012) with the kids to see how things would go free camping.
Went to Coolandenl which is about 40Km west of Nowra on the Shoalhaven river, Great spot for just laying around in the river and the wild life, The kids love it and will head back
Only issue was on the way out there was a tree down and across the road,

Looks like a very nice part of the world. Might need to check that out!

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Ok. I'm a new to this forum, and while I can't show you pictures of our Expanda 16.49-1 on its first outing, I can show you a picture of our Jayco Swan camped out at Swan Lake, near Sussex Inlet.

DSC03047.JPG

Reactions: Coastrunner
H

Herine

I am also new and I will share mine in couple of days. Well Silver you have created a complete house. nice one

Percy

Jul 20, 2012
Chatswood NSW
16.49.1 Maiden voyage

After 5 years of towing our Swan all over Oz, my back has finally given up and we've taken delivery of our new 16.49.1 standard together with a new Ford Territory AWD diesel to pull it.

We made our maiden voyage up the North Coast of NSW for 3 weeks and the van and the tug passed with flying colours.

Our first stop was at Forster Lakes resort park, it has a beautiful setting, particularly at the en-suite sites, as photo shows.

Then to Emerald Beach caravan park which has a beautiful setting but badly needs some TLC.

Finally to the NRMA park at Darlington Park which is probably one of the best parks we have stayed at. Lots of room around each site, all grassed and treed, facing onto a beach and a golf course and plenty of things to do for the kids and their parents. Plenty of wildlife visitors too as photo shows.

love th forum, our kudos to the organisers and moderators.Forster1.jpgDarlington1.jpgDarlington visitors.jpg

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
Here is our Rig. This was an over night stay setup at Marlborough on our way up north. Haven't got our bed end fly's on as there was no sign of rain. The camp is a bit thrown up as the kids were ready for bed and I'd had enough of driving and road works. Grrrrrr. Thank god for beer. MMMMM beer. The other photo was at Theodore where we stopped for lunch. Nice park with heaps of parking for vans. Hot chooks at the IGA. Yummy. You can also stay at the show grounds there if you want somewhere for a stay over. I seen heaps of vans pulled up there.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2363.jpg
    IMG_2363.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 337

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
This when we were up DI for xmas i love getting the van up the beach
Hey mate,
How does she go on the sand? Is it a hard flog? I haven't been to Double Island for years. Is it still fairly accessible? Growing up I used to go to Fraser just about every holidays. Especially when the Taylor were biting. It was long before they turned it into a bloody tourist Mecca. It's great to see the 18 on the beach.

Jason18576

Jul 14, 2013
Tivol,Ipswich,QLD
Hey mate,
How does she go on the sand? Is it a hard flog? I haven't been to Double Island for years. Is it still fairly accessible? Growing up I used to go to Fraser just about every holidays. Especially when the Taylor were biting. It was long before they turned it into a bloody tourist Mecca. It's great to see the 18 on the beach.

Mate it loves it there i run about 20-15psi on the van and about 15 on the front of the truck 20 on the back and if i can't get up on a camp spot its 10psi all round i have 4 maxtrax and a shovel. Just go the teewah ferry way and the cutting is a peaces of don't be rude its down hill with a hard left MAKE SURE you take your WDH off and you get all your water from the fresh water track

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
Here's another shot of our rig setup in Airlie Beach Big4. Fantastic massive sites, nice and shady. Spent 3 nights there on our way up to Cooktown recently. The wife is already planning the next trip.
IMG_2142.jpg

Reactions: Chooky

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
We are super jealous. Airlie had perfect weather for us, didn't even look like raining. Hope it's the same for you guys. I wish our lotto numbers would come up and could just hit the road and never come back.
Been trying for our numbers the whole trip, no luck thus far though >:(