Sad goodbye to a true friend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'll just sit back, have another beer watching and waiting for the big day ...... Lovely sunny day in the Burnett

IMG_20190712_153634.jpg

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Should have looked around in the wreckers if they havent changed since the 80s surly there'd be one somewhere a lot cheaper

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Reactions: DRW

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Crusty181 seeing as this thread has gone way way off topic to save it from being archived while we wait for the monster truck's arrival, this is the van I was trying to bring home as carry on from Shanghai with a new outboard, however it wouldn't fit in the overhead locker (not even in business class)
IMG_3399.jpg
IMG_3379.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What about the inside pics Dave ???
..... In 40 yrs time @Crusty181 I won't give a ...$%&....hoot ??...I'll be 105 but true The Ute will be worth a pile, it won't be electric and being maintained contrary to manufacturers specs and never going to a dealer it will more than likely still be running..... Warranty the guaranteed way of keeping dealers in profit and your vehicle off the road.......

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Will this Goggo mobile make an appearance this year do they pump out cars this slow in Thailand how many vans have jayco shoved out the door in all this time if holden still made cars here they would have sent a few out too

Reactions: mfexpanda and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Will this Goggo mobile make an appearance this year do they pump out cars this slow in Thailand how many vans have jayco shoved out the door in all this time if holden still made cars here they would have sent a few out too
If I had no taste or pride and was happy with any old off the shelf mass produced $hi box served up, maybe I'd have some over rated underperforming pretender by now, thats true, but I have more self respect than that. In the tradition of true motoring art much like McLaren, Caterham, Lamborghini, Bolwell (owned by my brother) or AC Shelby Cobra (owned by my bestie) Ill patiently and silently wait because that's what true gentleman do. You see, some peasants will settle for anything, often tainted in their shallow desires by the bright lights of pretty girls and persuasive advertising. They say some fools will buy anything you put in front of the them, easily parted with their cash so long as a pretty girl is in the picture. My vehicle is being lovingly massaged into life by ancient Japanese Shinto Warriors, who can not only birth motoring glory but also snap your neck in a phone call.

Back to the zen prayer mat, speak soon.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If I had no taste or pride and was happy with any old off the shelf mass produced $hi box served up, maybe I'd have some over rated underperforming pretender by now, thats true, but I have more self respect than that. In the tradition of true motoring art much like McLaren, Caterham, Lamborghini, Bolwell (owned by my brother) or AC Shelby Cobra (owned by my bestie) Ill patiently and silently wait because that's what true gentleman do. You see, some peasants will settle for anything, often tainted in their shallow desires by the bright lights of pretty girls and persuasive advertising. They say some fools will buy anything you put in front of the them, easily parted with their cash so long as a pretty girl is in the picture. My vehicle is being lovingly massaged into life by ancient Japanese Shinto Warriors, who can not only birth motoring glory but also snap your neck in a phone call.

Better happen soon I think, the prayer mat is getting a bit thin ...................................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 but it’s not a Shelby or a McLaren it’s an old school Toyota clunker nothing more nothing less except it has a Cobra price tag ;-)
It's a spiritual thing, and Jeep owners have that beaten out of them at the warranty desk. You're just being way too realistic and literal. :bolt:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
@Crusty181 but it’s not a Shelby or a McLaren it’s an old school Toyota clunker nothing more nothing less except it has a Cobra price tag ;-)
Pure gold im still laughing 5 stars
Old @Crusty181 hasnt been on his prayer mat since he stuffed his knee that reminds me surfs up at bells been 12 foot last few days get the wax on that board bro im picking it up on weekend to put it in salt water for the first time in its life you need all the cash you can get

Reactions: Crusty181 and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Pure gold im still laughing 5 stars
Old @Crusty181 hasnt been on his prayer mat since he stuffed his knee that reminds me surfs up at bells been 12 foot last few days get the wax on that board bro im picking it up on weekend to put it in salt water for the first time in its life you need all the cash you can get
Im down at Bells right now, just out of the water been in all day. Awesome on the right hand reef break. I was actually on my way to your house with that beautiful plank and wouldn't you know the knee snapped back in, and was running like a clock. Sorry Bluey, with my knee tuned up I drove past and headed straight to Bells. I tooted on the way past ??? Didnt hear it ???

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.

@Crusty181, Worked with a guy by name of Craig, he had a Bolwell, I think he was involved in building them. Could he be your brother?

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Knew a guy who bought a Goggomobile brand new, took it down to the pub. Many hours later he came out and no goggomobile in sight anywhere.
4 guys cameout before him, lifted it up and put it in back of the milk truck with the empty milk cans. Quite a proceedure for the rest of the drunks to get it on the ground again!!