Sad goodbye to a true friend

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Good call @Bluey I was thinking the same thing
Around the same time the monster truck was ordered I ordered a new 60HP outboard, it had to come from Japan as it was the latest model, I said I know of a monster truck coming from their with a huge payload and room to burn, I asked if they could chuck it in the back to save freight??
Anyway long story short, I was told (by a very reliable source) once the monster truck leaves Tibet it travels in a camel convoy to Vietnam to have the new plastic floor mats fitted and the vinyl upholstery fitted. From their it travels by barge to Fukushima Japan for a dose of radiation and to have the electronics (fuel gauge) fitted as well as the Toyota and made in Japan badges fitted before travelling to Australia on the deck of a cargo ship coming over to fill up with coal.
So i decided to let them arrange for my new motor to come over, some pics below, the fish pic is for @Drover so he can recognise one just in case one jumps into his yak
IMG_2288.jpg
IMG_2323.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Did he take into account its time at Fukushima for water testing too @DRW dose he know about the need for special suits to drive or evan be near said truck i carnt get radiation suits for him will an Asbestos suit do i have a spare mask too at the moment its full of plaster dust but better than nothing .....another good thing about the mine truck it glows in the dark due to its time at Fukushima ..... cheaper insurance because of this and easy to find in pub car park in the dark

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
As luck would have it, it will look exactly like every other one built since 1985. Its a timeless piece of art. You cant improve on perfection, once you get something right, dont f with it.

Reactions: 17triton

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Oh you guys crack me up, and no @Drover it’s not a BCF piece of Chinese copy it’s a great Tohatsu made in Japan one of the longest surviving manufactures that began in 1956 when I was only young

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As luck would have it, it will look exactly like every other one built since 1985. Its a timeless piece of art. You cant improve on perfection, once you get something right, dont f with it.

Yep, Jap copy of a Landrover......

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Oh you guys crack me up, and no @Drover it’s not a BCF piece of Chinese copy it’s a great Tohatsu made in Japan one of the longest surviving manufactures that began in 1956 when I was only young

Fun fact "Tohatsu outboards are identical and their parts and accessories are fully compatible with all existing Nissan Marine engines" Hmmm ... interesting wouldnt you say?? You'd be lucky if it was a donkey BCF motor .... but its a Nissan and your a proud Nissan owner

(Whoops. My internet just started playing up. My provider just informed me that there is a frantic and manic Nissan Marine/Tohatsu Google search emanating from the Fraser Coast area thats buggering up everyones internet)

You should have left that Nissan Marine Div engine at the Nissan dealer and got yourself one of these seriously handsome buggers on display at the recent Melb boat fest.

I used my BIL as an impromptu stand in size model for comparison. He's certainly no giant, but people don't snigger with Snow White jokes as he walks past either.

20190615_142410b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover and Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Lucky they have diffrent rego plates cause you come out pub into car park with 10 troopys parked up a troopy gathering bugger me no change since 1985 mines new but which one is it another bloke says mines a few years old i carnt tell so they walk around trying keys like Cinderella trying to find the right fit crusty finds his easy with its green glow and humming sound lol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 I’ll dig up a pic from the last Shanghai boat show I attended FYI Tohatsu used to make all Honda outboards under 60hp and most Mercury outboards until they moved to Chinese engines
I have the last 2 banger Merc MH Super 15 in captivity. I read that its a de-tuned re-stickered Tohatsu 18. (Looks identical and identical specs on paper) Apparently word on the street is its a case of simply replacing the throttle cam with the Tohatsu 18 spare part and shazzam instant 18hp

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

I wasn't going to let facts get in the way of a great line .................................................

Can’t wait for the mighty truck to make its first trip to @mfexpanda block with @Bluey leading the way will have to get @Drover to bring the double garage on wheels over in case we need any repairs and get @chartrock to come for pub runs, I’ll just sit there quietly listening to you guys telling stories lol

Now that sounds like a plan..................... I'll just bring my Scania Tool Kit, smaller and lighter...

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

Still waiting ? I think they just dug up the iron ore and are shipping it out to Thailand next month so the metal panels won’t be too far away .
Vietnam just planted some fresh rubber trees so the bar thread tyres will only be a short wait .
They have had all the instruments ,radio , seat belts ,steering wheel and the 1 cup holder in stock since 1975 so they are ready to go !
Hahahaha just kidding mate :behindsofa: