Sad goodbye to a true friend

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There was this old asian lady in Sembawang who had no teeth, a friend of yours then ????

Very well put @Bluey but really the Old Crusty by any other other name would still be Crusty I don't think we could loose it (still call him all those other names when he's not around though )

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
There was this old asian lady in Sembawang who had no teeth, a friend of yours then ????

Very well put @Bluey but really the Old Crusty by any other other name would still be Crusty I don't think we could loose it (still call him all those other names when he's not around though )
Hang on ... Im still here !!!

There was this old asian lady in Sembawang who had no teeth
Old asian lady in Sembawang who had no teeth ... in an area known for many toothless peeps what's so memorable about her in particular, anything you'd like to share ????

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drover, as you would know the yellow Toyota thing is no more ,ugly ,olow sales,no diesel ,high fuel consumption,thought it was a Wrangler clone ,you know what thought thought !,

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey I liked the ugly thing actually seemed more functional than a lot of other Toorak tractors and I'm ignoring that Wrangler remark .....................mind other than a yuppie wagon the Wrangler is pretty useless really for serious camping travel, no damn room unlike the mythical Mine Truck we are all waiting to see............

No Sembawang stories on here from me................ only be hearsay anyway.

Reactions: Crusty181

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its takeing so long have they lost the plans robots on RDOs or strikeing for better conditions goodness me he has patience that old crusty with a bung knee which will be stuffed after clutch pushing thousands of times....... its like waiting for a house to be built but at least you see progress have they evan started or waiting and it will get built in 3 days

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Its takeing so long have they lost the plans robots on RDOs or strikeing for better conditions goodness me he has patience that old crusty with a bung knee which will be stuffed after clutch pushing thousands of times....... its like waiting for a house to be built but at least you see progress have they evan started or waiting and it will get built in 3 days
You drive a Landcruiser, do you have no honour, or loyalty ?? Its most your fault Ive turned my back on the greatest car ever built. This sort of in house fighting and team swapping doesnt happen amongst Nissan owners

Reactions: Bluey

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
You drive a Landcruiser, do you have no honour, or loyalty ?? Its most your fault Ive turned my back on the greatest car ever built. This sort of in house fighting and team swapping doesnt happen amongst Nissan owners
Aren't you waiting for the greatest car ever built, how could you turn your back on it already?

And it's the second greatest car ever built. The greatest one is parked in my garage.:boink:

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Aren't you waiting for the greatest car ever built, how could you turn your back on it already?

And it's the second greatest car ever built. The greatest one is parked in my garage.:boink:
That was then, this is now. Anyway brother, Im am indeed waiting for the new King; the King is dead, love live the King. I'm just a bit confronted (coming across from a seemingly more solid brotherhood) about how easily and repeatedly Toyota owners dump on other sacred brothers. Is there a tribunal for this type of behaviour .... I have someone Id like to front before it

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
That was then, this is now. Anyway brother, Im am indeed waiting for the new King; the King is dead, love live the King. I'm just a bit confronted (coming across from a seemingly more solid brotherhood) about how easily and repeatedly Toyota owners dump on other sacred brothers. Is there a tribunal for this type of behaviour .... I have someone Id like to front before it
The ruling is simple, a fellow Landcruiser owner can dump over any other landcruiser owner, openly and repeatedly, however, if an owner of any other breed of pretend 4WD attempts to dump on a Landcruiser owner, all Landcruiser owners must band together.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The ruling is simple, a fellow Landcruiser owner can dump over any other landcruiser owner, openly and repeatedly, however, if an owner of any other breed of pretend 4WD attempts to dump on a Landcruiser owner, all Landcruiser owners must band together.
Got it, very clear thank you. So when are going to retire that old $hitbox of yours, and get funky with a proper LC, one of the new breed after they finally got it right. :D

Reactions: Bluey

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Got it, very clear thank you. So when are going to retire that old $hitbox of yours, and get funky with a proper LC, one of the new breed after they finally got it right. :D
Won't retire perfection for many reasins;

1, I'm lazy and don't want to stir porridge every time I drive. (I like auto)

2. Not a multi millionaire, but if you want to buy one for me I won't say no.

3. While I pretend to be the boss of my house, Mrs Cracka actually holds that title and the boss says no.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm not keen on replacing The Ute either, once the thought of doing mods to a vehicle to bring it up to speed was something to look forward to, now just can't be stuffed, it all works well so its good.........and I'm not paying some school kid in a workshop to do it.
Once there were Land Cruiser Operators and Cruiser drivers, now mostly just drivers, operators might have bought the gear but fitted and maintained , now they just buy em and steer em . Same for Landys. The demise of decent house blocks and sheds is to blame.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I'm not keen on replacing The Ute either, once the thought of doing mods to a vehicle to bring it up to speed was something to look forward to, now just can't be stuffed, it all works well so its good.........and I'm not paying some school kid in a workshop to do it.
Once there were Land Cruiser Operators and Cruiser drivers, now mostly just drivers, operators might have bought the gear but fitted and maintained , now they just buy em and steer em . Same for Landys. The demise of decent house blocks and sheds is to blame.
Im with you, i do all my own work; had both experienced and seen way to many f ups by expensive so called experts. Just prior to xmas i was way to strapped for time to replace the Behemoths brake magnets before our yearly trip (one had failed) Called in an Auto Elec. $500 later and a filthy mess. Checked the bearing and found one wheel loose .... so just should have followed my own advice and done it myself

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I shudder at thought of someone else doing my wheel bearings/ brakes, so many horror stories....its just incompetence....

Your invite to my beach is cancelled ......had enough envy when my mate visited with his fully modded mine truck, only thing that made me grimace was the $140K price tag but it was a fantastic vehicle, no bling just honest ....so I don't need you igniting the green flame again....

Reactions: Crusty181

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I'm proud to say I'm am operator, fitted most of my accessories (not the snorkel, could bring myself to drilling the panels), do all my owm servicing and maintenance too.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm proud to say I'm am operator, fitted most of my accessories (not the snorkel, could bring myself to drilling the panels), do all my owm servicing and maintenance too.

Agree with cutting the hole for a snorkel, is scary with the odd surprise ...... Never had a choice way back, self service was the only way possible otherwise no money for fuel or anything, did pay off when in middle of no where but I do realize its just not possible for many, no facilities or like my own kids just not safe with a spanner, thankfully they earn way more than I ever did.......First of the month does that mean 3 months or 2 months to go for the excuse as to why the Mine Truck won't be here till Xmas.....sorry thinking it was Jayco...

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Im an operator an Excavator operator currently operating a near new 36 tonner nice digger working 15mins from home bit better than SA 733ks away @Drover have you seen new upgrades for colarado by Walkenshaw ?????? If you spell it like that takes it to 600nm

Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im an operator an Excavator operator currently operating a near new 36 tonner nice digger working 15mins from home bit better than SA 733ks away @Drover have you seen new upgrades for colarado by Walkenshaw ?????? If you spell it like that takes it to 600nm
Yes sound great, Im excited. @Drover, if you spend around $75k on this Walkinshaw Colorado .... you'll almost have my recently ditched 5 year old Navara. (hang on, let me confirm I added "almost" ... phew yes I did) Dont rush straight in, tho Im sensing a Walkinshaw Colorado New Age caravan package on the horizon. This new race car comes with a combo bathroom and 2 x pots drawers. Bwaaahaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If I was going to spend that sort of dollars I would buy something decent so it wouldn't be a Nissan, Toyota or Holden by a long shot I can tell you ............... No need for a blinged up show pony be it Raptor, SportsCat or some Nissan Hybrid they can't do what I want done........

I would be buying a basic RAM 1500 Express and throwing the tub away and possibly the wheels and tyres, more than happy with a proper V8 engine , 4.5t towing is enough for me and chucking the tub adding a tray with shed, all would be right with the world and if I could afford one who cares about the V8 rego sting, burning fuel as if I had a Çruiser but burning it in style............... Its lower than my Colorado (60mm) longer by 160mm and wider at 140mm so will fit in my garage....... my wallet can't fit it sadly............. 2nd choice would be a mine truck but the $2600 for air ride seats hurts.

The only thing your poor old battered Nissan had that was similar was that it had tyres............................... I'll just finish polishing the old Ute, it has many more years to go yet.

Last edited: